Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Rated threads XD (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/rated-threads-xd-697651/)

Centex Homes 105-27-2011 03:16 PM

Rated threads XD

Ok. I thibk in my opinion, the WI rating system is not fair. My club thread is rated 2 stars, wich means it's bad. Not trying to complain, but i think that there should be 3 rating. Thanks. Maybe don't put the words "bad" or "terrible" & something more fair? I'm not the only complaning member!! Everyone wants this to happen!! This goes for everyone! Thanks, Desty for the post! I agree!

Priceless05-27-2011 03:20 PM

Re: Rated threads XD

I find it a bit unfair. I made a thread sometime ago saying that people should rate respectfully, but there's always going to be those people who try to bring you down. :P Sorry, but I think it's here for good. I'll rate it 5 stars, but I'm not sure if it's going to help.

Desty05-27-2011 03:20 PM

I think the thread-rating system should be done away with altogether. If people like a thread, they can give rep and subscribe to it. If they don't like it, they can move on to another thread. The rating system is like a popularity contest, and is totally unecessary and hurtful.
Seriously, I would love to hear ANYONE give a legit reason for having that there...???

Centex Homes 105-27-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desty (Post 23445004)
I think the thread-rating system should be done away with altogether. If people like a thread, they can give rep and subscribe to it. If they don't like it, they can move on to another thread. The rating system is like a popularity contest, and is totally unecessary and hurtful.

Yep. :nod: This is what i said!

Desty05-27-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centex Homes 1 (Post 23445044)
Yep. :nod: This is what i said!

I totally agree with you.

Centex Homes 105-27-2011 03:26 PM

We should be able to disable or enable ratings.

bonanzafreak05-27-2011 03:27 PM

i guess that would be more fair....

Desty05-27-2011 03:36 PM

Honestly, I feel like it goes against what WI strives to stand for...not hurting anyone's feelings.
How is this rating system purposeful? (except to allow people to secretly insult someone)

I really would love to hear ONE good reason to keep it.

robertcleveland05-27-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desty (Post 23445050)
I totally agree with you.

And I totally agree with both of you. Most of the time I don't even think about it. If it was gone I probably wouldn't even notice.

Quack Quack05-27-2011 03:55 PM

Sorry to hear that happened. :-\ I personally do not like the ratings myself. For example, I see shops that are amazing, but I guess people are jealous? annoyed? sour? rude? So they rate low. It is really unfair to the thread creator... I agree with Desty... there is not a single good reason to keep thread ratings.

I know for sure that many GE members have asked about thread ratings because believe it or not, ratings interfere with the Gift Exchange a little, too.

Anyways, I do believe many commented about it, and I don't remember who, and I don't know if this is accurate, but a staff member did say that they couldn't be removed? I do not remember... But I hope they can be removed.

Thanks for making this thread; Hopefully it will bring some attention to this unfair rating system :)