Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

Default A quick way to show you care? :)

I was thinking, if vBulletin let us, maybe we can have something similar to Facebook pokes? We could have WI hugs. All we have to do is go to the profile and next to their username says "hug". It also could be when you click on your name, a quick option.

What do you think? It could be useful for:
- Quick and easy appreciation, similar to a rep, but you don't get a "badge" or anything for it.
- Good for when your on the go, and you just won't to show a friend you care.
- Remember this is totally optional, so even if it does happen, you don't need to use it.
- And just a cute little idea.

Other reasons by our wonderful supporters!

Desty:
Quote:
I think also, in light of autism awareness month, some members are not very comfortable with starting up conversations with a VM, and this is a nice alternative. It's also nice for members who are not as comfortable with the English language.
I know that quite a few times lately, I've wanted to send messages of friendship to members who, for whatever reason (banned from VMs, or the reasons stated above), I can't send them an encouraging message easily. It would be a nice way to connect.
pup5115
Quote:
I think Weberlily makes a good point, but hasn't everybody at some point not known what to say or how to say it so they just gave up on writing a message at all? I mean if you just wanted to let somebody that you haven't really met know that they belong or just to add a little happiness to their day without having to stumble while trying to think of something to write to them. This would encourage those who aren't as comfortable starting conversations with people they don't know as great to be able to express their thoughtfulness without making them have to reach outside of what they feel comfortable doing.
KU:
Quote:
I completely agree with this,
being a really shy person myself, it's sometimes hard for me to just start up a conversation with someone...or just, in general, to VM someone I don't really know :]

So having a way to let someone know you're thinking about them, or you appreciate them, or just to cheer them up a little, without having to say too much..I think it's an awesome idea! (:
Especially if you're as bad with words as I am, haha
Thanks everyone and have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by Priceless; 05-31-2011 at 06:22 PM..
Priceless is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Lookie! I'm a
Gift Guru

doggoneit is a WI addict!
doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!

Default Re: A quick way to show you care? :)

I would be glad to get one of those! I support. Would in show up in our user CP?
doggoneit is offline Female
Old 05-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #3

View Post Originally Posted by doggoneit
I would be glad to get one of those! I support. Would in show up in our user CP?
Yes, it would. "Recent Hugs" and then you can hug that person back.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

I love this idea! The only problem I see with this is that vBulletin most likely doesn't support the feature... but who knows?
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Old 05-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #5

View Post Originally Posted by tigerwhiskers26
I love this idea! The only problem I see with this is that vBulletin most likely doesn't support the feature... but who knows?
If they support the reputation process, I'm pretty sure they would support this.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

that would be cool.
there are other alternatives that I thought of if we can't have this option. like having "hug" albums were people just post *hug* as a picture comment... but there are issues with that, too. x_x

i looked through these features but I didn't find anything --> vBulletin-The Most Powerful Forum Software Available
Old 05-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

I think it is a cute, and good idea I support
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 05-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

good idea!
i mean you could just give them a rep with the message *hug* but then it might lead to random rep points....

so good idea! xD
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
Lrnpanda
Gift Guru

Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!Lrnpanda is headed for the top!

What a nice idea ~ this would be a great addition to an already wonderful environment
Lrnpanda is offline Female
Old 05-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
♥♪I'mNotAWaste♪♥

Dark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonderDark_Hunters2 wows us all with wonder

good idea! (: i'll support (:
Dark_Hunters2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
ku ate this tag, lhl was here, starship ranger, you are beautiful(: