Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
hat the...
Webkinz :)

totallyaddicted knows the way
totallyaddicted knows the waytotallyaddicted knows the waytotallyaddicted knows the way

Default Question's Please

I recentlly sent Auntkinz a PM about this question but did not receive a reply for whatever reason so maybe I just sent it to the wrong person/forumn so I will post it here and maybe then I will get some kind of reply. I have copied and pasted the orginal letter. Also please point me in the right direction if the next time a question needs to be asked... other than posting it on the General Forumn.

Hello,
I love this site and I can only dream of how much work is involved..., with that being said I have a question.
I recently had a post deleted because of "trade talk" so why am I always seeing posts involving "trade talk"?? Maybe I am confused on what is allowed/not allowed. Not at all trying to be rude but if we can't talk about "trading" why have a Clubhouse Board? When I think of Clubhouse, I think of trade room as I am sure most do. I know there are other things to do in the Clubhouse, bowling and such, but you never see posts about those rooms. Maybe a new board can be put into place naming those rooms so therefore leaving out the Trade Room and then no one would be confused because if there isn't a place for it, no one could post.

Thank you for letting me ask. totallyaddicted
totallyaddicted is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

Default Re: Question's Please

I didn't see your post but I"m assuming it was directly about a trade, and not talk in general. Talking about a trade in the WW clubhouse is OK, but talking about trading through WI only allowed in the gift threads, which you only have access to if you are gifted. For instance:

"I'm on WW right now and somone wants to trade me a lava lamp for a Zingoz blower. does anyone think this is a good deal?" that would be OK to talk about. or if you said "a girl at my school wants to trade her poodle PSI. What should I offer her for it," that would be OK too because it does not directly involve WI.

But to say "I have a lava lamp. Does someone want here in WI want to make an offer for it?" Would NOT be ok.

I know it kidna gets confusing. I guess an easy way think of it, is if as long as you aren't trying to trade with anyone HERE in WI (with the exception of following the rules in the GE), you should be OK.

Last edited by cuffy; 02-21-2009 at 07:49 AM..
Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Well, Auntkinz may have just been so busy that she overlooked the PM. I'm sure if you PM her again, she'll get back to you.

About the question though..
Trade talk is not allowed in the rest of the forum for many reasons.
1. It could lead members to bragging about items that they are going to get through a trade or already have.
2. We already have the Gift Exchange area to talk about trades, so really, why do you have to talk about it anywhere else?

But, there is some kind of trade talk that is good.

For instance, if someone with a WW username that you don't know sends you items, you could make a thread asking if that is anyone's WW username and why they sent you the items.
Or, you could talk about trades like this. If someone is trying to trade you two items in the trading room on WW, and you are unsure about whether it is a fair trade or not, then you could make a very quick thread asking for a hurried help!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
hat the...
Webkinz :)

totallyaddicted knows the way
totallyaddicted knows the waytotallyaddicted knows the waytotallyaddicted knows the way

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your posts. Thank you for responding.

No I didn't speak of specific items, I just said the other person had put up some nice things. I was posting about how rude she had become in the trade, so that is why I was wondering why my post was deleted and others who speak of actual items and such are not.

My suggestion to her was to think about making a a new board for the specific rooms in the Clubhouse, not listing Trade Room as one of them that way no one could post about trades like... what they got, who was rude, who ripped them off and so on, that's all.

Again thank you for responding,

totallyaddicted
totallyaddicted is offline Female
Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Also, sometimes trade posts are overlooked
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

We have the "No trade talk policy" to stop people from going on about scammers -- there are a lot of them in the clubhouse . A lot of people were getting annoyed (like me, for awhile) because there were always 5+ "Watch out for scammers" threads in the "help" and "the clubhouse" areas
As for the clubhouse, its not the hottest of topics, or not to me , and it would get confusing to have all those sub topics -- lounge, party room, games room... but its a good idea
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 02-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

If you pm an admin or mod and you do not receive a response after many days, please feel free to pm another staff member. Sometimes our real life takes precedence, other times, we may be completely bogged down by a large number of pms and we're trying to get through them as fast as we can.

Here is our trading room discussion policy:
Quote:
The ONLY trade discussion allowed on Webkinz Insider is what takes place inside of the Gift Exchange area. This rule applies to all WI members. The addition of the new Trade Rooms in Webkinz World has not changed this rule. If you are interested in participating in our Gift Exchange area, please check out the Webkinz Insider Official Gift Exchange Information thread, located here: Gift Exchange Info.

Also, no discussion of trades made in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms will be allowed on Webkinz Insider.
Theres no reason to go into great detail about why this rule was instituted. Suffice it to say, we put a lot of thought into it and it shall remain in effect. Its unfortunate, but as with every rule we instate on here, it was instituted with our member's best interest at heart.

Our clubhouse section was created long before there was a trading room so I'm not sure that I agree with the statement that people only associate the Club House with trading. I can really see how that might be true with newer members but not with long time players.

If you see any trading talk in the open forum, please flag it and we'll tend to it.

Hope that answers your question.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed