Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

Default Question directed towards the mods, admins, and founders

I was wondering how you all felt about all of the threads that have been popping up regarding creating "task forces" of people to police the forum banning people who they feel are being mean and rude. Do you feel unappreciated? Does it seem that people are doubting your abilities to do your job? I was just wondering. I am not trying to be rude or mean. I don't mean to put anyone down and I don't want to be banned. I just wanted to hear from some authority since there are all these threads popping up today.
millieroo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
Baby252

Default Re: Question directed towards the mods, admins, and founders

What? Police are here?
Old 02-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Lululover1997
Gifted

lululover1997 is a glorious beacon of lightlululover1997 is a glorious beacon of lightlululover1997 is a glorious beacon of light

Huh? I dont get what you are saying. Maybe one of the reasons is we are almost close to 4,000,000 posts
Old 02-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
Baby252

Please explain.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Most of those threads get deleted because we DO have a staff that can handle WI problems. But also, I'm glad that people want to work to make WI a safe, nice place to be - so the members who start the threads have good intentions.

However, I want EVERY member to be part of the "police" force here on WI. It is the job of every member to flag things that are not right. The staff can't do their jobs without each and every members' help.

And the staff receives so much help and appreciation on a regular basis from great members that we never take the other stuff personally.

smitchell is offline Female
Old 02-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
Gifted

I was just wondering how the mods felt about all the threads regarding the fact that soo many members feel that they should take on the job of scolding people whom they feel are being rude. If I were a mod I would be upset because it seems that people are not appreciating them and having faith in their abilities to moderate the forum. That is all.

---------- millieroo added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by smitchell
Most of those threads get deleted because we DO have a staff that can handle WI problems. But also, I'm glad that people want to work to make WI a safe, nice place to be - so the members who start the threads have good intentions.

However, I want EVERY member to be part of the "police" force here on WI. It is the job of every member to flag things that are not right. The staff can't do their jobs without each and every members' help.

And the staff receives so much help and appreciation on a regular basis from great members that we never take the other stuff personally.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to respond. I respect the decisions of the mods.

Last edited by millieroo; 02-03-2008 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
Baby252

Well, I made one of those theards today. I belive in our mods and were just trying to help out. Many members don't care or understand how to report theards. the poilce force would get them excited. I did (and most people who made these) thjis to HELP out the mods by getting everyone excited about reporter and making WI a better job. We weren't trying to take the mods job! We couldn't even if we wanted too!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

We certainly appreciate our wonderful members and it is a big help to us when they report inappropriate posts. We want WI to continue being the wonderful, safe site that it is!
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 02-04-2008, 03:49 AM   #9
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by smitchell
... I want EVERY member to be part of the "police" force here on WI. It is the job of every member to flag things that are not right. The staff can't do their jobs without each and every members' help...
We all know and appreciate the wonderful job that the staff does on this forum. Best one that I have ever been on!!

I probably average flagging 4-5 posts each week now -- the bad behavior it is definitely increasing.

Usually, besides clicking the flag on a rude or improper post, I also alert the person and other readers on the thread that something wrong was done and has been reported.

Sadly, it isn't always appreciated. You have to have "thick skin" to take some of the extremely rude posts and PMs that are sometimes returned. But, that is part of being a good citizen of our forum and we should never stop helping the mods do their job.

Last edited by BERT_X; 02-04-2008 at 04:03 AM..
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #10
Gifted

Sadly, it isn't always appreciated. You have to have "thick skin" to take some of the extremely rude posts and PMs that are sometimes returned. But, that is part of being a good citizen of our forum and we should never stop helping the mods do their job.

I for one appreciate our mods and admins very much!! And of course our wonderful founders! I like the system we have. You see someone being rude to you or you see that someone is being ganged up on and you feel that they can't stand up for themselves, then you flag the offender. Then you let the mods handle the situation. Being a good citizen to me is allowing the "authority" to do there jobs and helping them by bringing attention to serious offences but not overstepping and taking on an authoritative role.
Closed