Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 06:41 AM   #1
gostop5
Gift Guru

gostop5 is just really nicegostop5 is just really nice

Default Question for all you "gifted" people

i don't know how to customize my gifting thread. how do i put a picture under my name on my posts? also how do i put an icon or something on there too to make a link to my gifting thread? please help i'm not the most computer savvy person anyways, plus i'm still very new to gifting and am still working out all the little details on how to work site it the best way shortcuts etc.
thanks for any tips.
gostop5 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
Gifted

Katz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Question for all you "gifted" people

View Post Originally Posted by gostop5
i don't know how to customize my gifting thread. how do i put a picture under my name on my posts? also how do i put an icon or something on there too to make a link to my gifting thread? please help i'm not the most computer savvy person anyways, plus i'm still very new to gifting and am still working out all the little details on how to work site it the best way shortcuts etc.
thanks for any tips.
Hey no worries, we were all new at one time and even an old dog .. well Katz.. like me can learn new tricks!

To put a picture in your signature.. click on User CP (control panel) and then click on Edit Signature. Scroll down to below the text box to where is says 'Signature Picture' . Click on the browse button beside Option 2. This will bring up another box showing the pics on your computer. Find the pic you want in your signature and then double click it. Now click on upload. Once the upload is finished... it may take a few seconds... then scroll to the bottom of that window and close it. Now click on Save Signature.

Now when you go to post a reply to me to let me know if it worked or not.. do one more thing for me... scroll down below this text box and make sure "Show Signature" is checked.

Once you know that the pic is working, go to User CP, Edit Signature and highlight your pic. Then click on the globe with the chain link on it. Copy the URL of your Trading post and paste it in the second box and then click OK. Now the link for your trading post is 'behind' your picture so when people click on the picture they will go to your trading post.

If you want to add text or fancy things up you can do so in the Edit Signature area.

Let me know if you need any more help!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
snazzykinz

yeah, what katz said! lol
Old 08-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
gostop5
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Katz
Hey no worries, we were all new at one time and even an old dog .. well Katz.. like me can learn new tricks!

To put a picture in your signature.. click on User CP (control panel) and then click on Edit Signature. Scroll down to below the text box to where is says 'Signature Picture' . Click on the browse button beside Option 2. This will bring up another box showing the pics on your computer. Find the pic you want in your signature and then double click it. Now click on upload. Once the upload is finished... it may take a few seconds... then scroll to the bottom of that window and close it. Now click on Save Signature.

Now when you go to post a reply to me to let me know if it worked or not.. do one more thing for me... scroll down below this text box and make sure "Show Signature" is checked.

Once you know that the pic is working, go to User CP, Edit Signature and highlight your pic. Then click on the globe with the chain link on it. Copy the URL of your Trading post and paste it in the second box and then click OK. Now the link for your trading post is 'behind' your picture so when people click on the picture they will go to your trading post.

If you want to add text or fancy things up you can do so in the Edit Signature area.

Let me know if you need any more help!
HEY SO I COULDN'T UPLOAD A PIC BUT AT LEAST I WAS ABLE TO USE ONE OF THE PREMADE AVATAR THINGIES, THAT'S PROGRESS. I DON'T SEE AND "SHOW SIGNATURE" BOX ANY WHERE. I'M GOING TO TRY THE LAST PART NOW AND ADD MY LINK TO PICTURE.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
Gifted

Katz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to beholdKatz is a splendid one to behold

Please see the attached photo, it will show you where the 'show your signature' is. And please do not type in all cap locks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgshow your signature.JPG (62.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
gostop5
Gift Guru

hey katz- i really hope you don't think i'm ignorant but i swear that box is not on my page. the pic was very helpful i know exactly where i should be looking it's just not there.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
Gifted

No I don't think you are ignorant at all. If the box is not there, that means that you do not have a signature created and saved. Once you create a signature and save it you will have that box.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Old 08-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #8
gostop5
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Katz
No I don't think you are ignorant at all. If the box is not there, that means that you do not have a signature created and saved. Once you create a signature and save it you will have that box.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
hey so i figured out the signature thing and i think i did it right, i have the little "show signature" box now i copied my address for my gift thread and put it there. i'll prob go and see if it worked. ur soooo much help.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #9
gostop5
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by gostop5
hey so i figured out the signature thing and i think i did it right, i have the little "show signature" box now i copied my address for my gift thread and put it there. i'll prob go and see if it worked. ur soooo much help.
Thanks so much for all your help katz!! things are really coming together and looking better, havent got link pasted to a pic yet, but i'm trying to work it out. never would've gotten this far w/o all your help! many thanks to you.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #10
Gifted

Hey great you got your siggy working! Seeee I knew you could do it!

If you need help with anything else don't hesitate to ask!
Closed