Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
I <3 Club Penguin
Webkinz :)

hot4webkinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Put Yourself In Other's Shoes

this is a great idea
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #12

porschegl will become famous soon enough

Thank you so much for putting this in. I am going to suggest to all my friends to read this, as we have all been having a little trouble lately...porsche
Old 03-29-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Thank you everyone!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

You have are so correct! You always have something great to say <33

vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by vanvan20
You have are so correct! You always have something great to say <33

Thanks, van! You too
Old 03-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I agree .. There are always as many opinions as there are people I see a lot of the posts trying to talk others out of their own opinion... That is the whole thing about having an opinion- it's YOURS!

You should feel free to have your own opinion. Don't say things because that might be the winning argument or the "cool" thing at the moment...

another thing to remember is that there are kids on this site too.. all ages.. Sometimes the posts that are attacking anothers opinion may be directed at a younger person that just wanted to state their mind. That is what bothers me.
I'm ok if someone is rude to me because I will report it. But I don't want someone to hurt someone elses feelings. That isn't a fun feeling at all.
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
I agree .. There are always as many opinions as there are people I see a lot of the posts trying to talk others out of their own opinion... That is the whole thing about having an opinion- it's YOURS!

You should feel free to have your own opinion. Don't say things because that might be the winning argument or the "cool" thing at the moment...

another thing to remember is that there are kids on this site too.. all ages.. Sometimes the posts that are attacking anothers opinion may be directed at a younger person that just wanted to state their mind. That is what bothers me.
I'm ok if someone is rude to me because I will report it. But I don't want someone to hurt someone elses feelings. That isn't a fun feeling at all.
This is such a great post, Kelly!

I agree that you shouldn't talk people out of their opinions- it's theirs, after all. I also agree that you should have your own opinion, not just something based on others or they're just saying it to be "cool" and "with it". I do the same thing also. When someone is mean to someone, I report the post immediately. If someone is mean to me, I report that post too, and if it's on my profile, I delete it.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful post!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #18
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Hi everyone

Lately I've been noticing a lot of one sided opinions or just one point of view of arguments, problems, etc. The important thing I've learned is to put yourself in the other person's shoes and think about what the other person might be thinking about. I've used that a lot, and it's really helped me not start arguments in real life and in WI.

For example, I e-mailed a friend the other day and she didn't reply back immediately. She usually does, and it was It might have seemed like she was ignoring me, but I "put" myself in their shoes and there were many possibilities why she wasn't able to reply back. So, instead of sending her an e-mail saying, "Why aren't you replying? Are you ignoring me?" I thought about situations where I could be the one not replying to e-mails. Maybe she was just busy at the moment and couldn't reply, or maybe she was sick and had to stay in bed.

This is a sort of motto I've lived by and it's helped solved many arguments. I just wanted to share this and I hope many of you have been using this also

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave any comments, suggestions, or criticism.
A lot of valid points here, yes, but also the situations where there are some that automatically assume that anyone that has a different opinion or view is 'bashing' or rude. It's impossible to get the 'tone' of what someone is writing when you can't see their face or body language at all. Even with smilies I've seen those who are always seemingly looking to be offended by something, anything, claim that someone was rude because even though they phrased their response just so and added smilies to make sure they were understood a bit better the other person still claimed it was rude because the smilie 'must have meant' they were being made 'fun of' or whatever. There are some on any site that seem to think they are the site police or whatever, but not in that way that would actually be helpful {as in saying, for example, to someone that they can't post in blue or red because that's reserved for admins/mods, so that someone doesn't get in to trouble on the site}. They are playing mod/admin, not trying to help them {or others}.

I saw today where someone claimed it was rude to be told that a color/font was unreadable; I mean, come on, I don't see where that is not being helped by someone who is trying to read the post and answer/help; of course I don't mean where it's hey ***** or whatever or how could you not have known that's so stupid, but instead where they even say something like "Sorry but I can't read that color.", that was said to be "rude". Again, come on; I can't answer/help with something I can't read, and when I {or who ever} doesn't help because of that or whatever then {again} we're accused of being "rude" {for not helping, even though we couldn't figure out what the problem even was}.

I've also seen where me or others have tried to give additional information, facts not opinions in most cases, and told flat out we were wrong. First no one is wrong to have an opinion but also when it's facts that someone else is disuputing and not opinions then they're calling that fact giver a liar {no matter how it's phrased}. When they're told the same facts again it's the same thing. More need to do more like you're talking about, try to understand that no one has all the answers, that we are all entitled to have opinions but at the same time we are all expected to 'behave'. That includes not outright or otherwise calling someone a liar when it's facts not opinions being given. It doesn't matter if someone doesn't like the facts {I am way not thrilled with the ones I gave} but it doesn't change the facts. That is what the forums are SUPPOSED to be for, mostly, which is exchanging information/facts, with opinions for unknown things or areas that can only be considered in light of personal views. Too many are forgetting that having an opinion is a right, but having an opinion does not make that opinion right. Also, too many are simply reacting and over-reacting to everything, including mostly {imagined} slights {rudeness, etcetera}.

No criticism here, not even "constructive" LOL just a slightly different viewpoint of some of the same situations. {Giving rep for this.}
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #19
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

I completely agree

I've used it a couple times, and sometimes my view of things, and the other person's are really different!

Thanks for posting this, it is a great reminder for everyone!
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 03-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #20
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by KeyLargo
A lot of valid points here, yes, but also the situations where there are some that automatically assume that anyone that has a different opinion or view is 'bashing' or rude. It's impossible to get the 'tone' of what someone is writing when you can't see their face or body language at all. Even with smilies I've seen those who are always seemingly looking to be offended by something, anything, claim that someone was rude because even though they phrased their response just so and added smilies to make sure they were understood a bit better the other person still claimed it was rude because the smilie 'must have meant' they were being made 'fun of' or whatever. There are some on any site that seem to think they are the site police or whatever, but not in that way that would actually be helpful {as in saying, for example, to someone that they can't post in blue or red because that's reserved for admins/mods, so that someone doesn't get in to trouble on the site}. They are playing mod/admin, not trying to help them {or others}.

I saw today where someone claimed it was rude to be told that a color/font was unreadable; I mean, come on, I don't see where that is not being helped by someone who is trying to read the post and answer/help; of course I don't mean where it's hey ***** or whatever or how could you not have known that's so stupid, but instead where they even say something like "Sorry but I can't read that color.", that was said to be "rude". Again, come on; I can't answer/help with something I can't read, and when I {or who ever} doesn't help because of that or whatever then {again} we're accused of being "rude" {for not helping, even though we couldn't figure out what the problem even was}.

I've also seen where me or others have tried to give additional information, facts not opinions in most cases, and told flat out we were wrong. First no one is wrong to have an opinion but also when it's facts that someone else is disuputing and not opinions then they're calling that fact giver a liar {no matter how it's phrased}. When they're told the same facts again it's the same thing. More need to do more like you're talking about, try to understand that no one has all the answers, that we are all entitled to have opinions but at the same time we are all expected to 'behave'. That includes not outright or otherwise calling someone a liar when it's facts not opinions being given. It doesn't matter if someone doesn't like the facts {I am way not thrilled with the ones I gave} but it doesn't change the facts. That is what the forums are SUPPOSED to be for, mostly, which is exchanging information/facts, with opinions for unknown things or areas that can only be considered in light of personal views. Too many are forgetting that having an opinion is a right, but having an opinion does not make that opinion right. Also, too many are simply reacting and over-reacting to everything, including mostly {imagined} slights {rudeness, etcetera}.

No criticism here, not even "constructive" LOL just a slightly different viewpoint of some of the same situations. {Giving rep for this.}
Wow, that was a long post! LOL

Thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading your opinion I do agree that sometimes people take things the wrong way. I often do, and that's why I try to see what the other person was thinking when they were typing it. Having an opinion IS important, but those (for example) hardcore Twilight fans should also try to see why people might not like Twilight instead of trying to convert them.

View Post Originally Posted by lilhorselover
I completely agree

I've used it a couple times, and sometimes my view of things, and the other person's are really different!

Thanks for posting this, it is a great reminder for everyone!
Thanks lilhorse!
Closed