Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

Default Re: Protecting the children.

Thank you everybody! Funsilly and Momwhoplays I agree with the need to keep the generation gap open and that it is wonderful to have friends of all ages. ( It opens up your perspective on the world and I have to say that I have met so many wonderful people of all ages that have touched my heart her on WI also) Junomouse, I think your thoughts are very important. Small gifts and messages of encouragement and friendhsip are great but there is a fine line that parents need to monitor. Smurfette, I appreciate your view and it is true that somebody can always find ways to seek what they want. However, age seperating WI would only make their targets easier.
I am so happy to see others commenting as I know that these people will keep an eye out and watch out for our most innocent. Thank you for keeping WI safe for children and a big thank you for the staff that goes above and beyond in protecting not just the children but everybody here.
lauraanne is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

I agree. I love this site and hate if anyone gave out information. And I love that members are so nice. But you can't trust anyone and if someone asked my state I would lie.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #13
Ashley♫♪

polkadotgiraffe is a glorious beacon of lightpolkadotgiraffe is a glorious beacon of lightpolkadotgiraffe is a glorious beacon of light

I agree 100% never give out personal information...
polkadotgiraffe is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

Well said, Lauraanne. I was thinking last night about your thread. To quote one of my most favorite characters, (guess who? you could guess by my avvie)

Elastic girl (Mrs. Incredible),"Our secret identy is our greatest asset." My daughter once repeated this over & over & asked what does this mean? So this opened up a door of opportunity. We all have cool user names, but we must keep our personal information secret, for our own saftey. As for the idea of a kid's section for mod's to review, w/ 100,000 members, as great as the mods are, they just couldn't monitor it all. So it is really up to us as members, & most of us are outstanding honest members, to flag down a mod when there's an inaappropriate post.

Good discussion.

Last edited by momwhoplays; 08-05-2008 at 11:55 AM.. Reason: typo
momwhoplays is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #15
call me maggie

galpalm is a glorious beacon of lightgalpalm is a glorious beacon of light

u guys r totaly right
galpalm is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #16
Gift Guru

ouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to behold

Wow, you made a really good point there!
ouscream is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #17
Gift Guru

Wina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to behold

Excellent points everyone. Good discussion

I love that people of all ages can chat here. I agree that splitting the kids off to their own thing makes them more vulnerable to posers. Besides, I love to hear what they have to say. And I always learn something new from the youth.

I like that adults mix with the kids and can help keep an eye out for anything inappropriate.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #18
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

This has actually always been a steadfast commitment of Justin and Wendy.

WI was founded for the purpose of bringing together ALL fans of Webkinz. Having separate areas would, in Justin's own words, undermine the whole reason WI was created. He believes what makes WI unique is the ability of the forum to facilitate discussion among Webkinz fans of all ages.

As for internet safety, yes its true anyone can pretend to be a certain age, but thats where the responsibility of parents come in.

As has been stated, if anyone asks you for personal information...whether its your age, or email address or instant messenger user name, or city you live in, or mascot of your school, or your grade...ANYTHING...let a mod know. Regardless if its an innocent request, that person needs to know its not allowed.
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
koala7498

koala7498 is on a distinguished road

Wink Re: Protecting the children.

You Guys Are So Right!
koala7498 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #20
Lil Kinz
goodwilliegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Smile Re: Protecting the children.

Yep, I also agree! I don't really think it is necessary to separate adults and kids! P.S. I love my :chi:and my :cs:and I am thinking of buying a !!!
goodwilliegirl is offline Female
Closed