Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

Default Protecting the children.

I just read a thread from a very imaginative young person that would like to seperate WI into adult and kids section. They believed that it would be better because then they could share ages I love that this person is thinking of ways to enhance the enjoyment of WI. However, PLEASE remember that there is no way to prove a person is who they say they are. Please keep reminding the children to never give out information to anybody.
I know this is said all the time but it is very important.
If a person asks you your age don't give it to them. Instead please go to a mod and let them know. Please please follow this one very important rule.
I believe this should be the number one rule.
As adults we need to remember this also. We may be innocent in asking a question but the next person may not be ( and we have just made a child vulnerable) .
This is the one thing that scares me about the internet
I would like to see that parents read every PM their child sends and receives. Never let them delete the PMs until you have gone through them.
We need to protect Gods littlest
lauraanne is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Gifted

gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art
gottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of artgottaluvjoe is a work of art

Default Re: Protecting the children.

I agree 100%. This thread was needed. Rep!!
gottaluvjoe is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

CocoLion is just really niceCocoLion is just really nice

Thank you so much lauraanne This WAS needed, as GLJ said. Thank you for pointing this out
CocoLion is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
fallbullet4
Gifted

smurfette6496 has a spectacular aura about

That's a good idea, but i have to politely disagree.

There's always those weird people on the internet, they could always pose as a smaller child, and find out information about them, since some kids are not as aware about the internet predator issue, they could give too much info out to someone they think is a fellow "friend" but actually a predator or something.

I'm still giving you a rep because I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us
smurfette6496 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
Gifted

rileybulldog26 is just really nicerileybulldog26 is just really nice

I totally agree! WE DO NOT NEED TO BE SEPERATED!
rileybulldog26 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #6
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Great idea! I couldn't agree more. Thank you, we need reminders every once in a while
Thank you for taking time to post this
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #7
I Want a Caffeinated

junomouse will become famous soon enough

I must agree, this was much needed. Children do need to be protected and websites with more websites SPECIALLY for children, just like WI is a great place for creeps. *shudders at thought* Stay away from anyone who offers to give you TO much if you know what I mean, and if they comment on your page CONSTANTLY if you know what I mean. Like they say "I will give you my exclusive pet bed" and a week later they send another.....and they comment on our page everyday like "How are you? Is it nice in sunny in [state]?" You know, just be careful i'm not pinning anybody.
junomouse is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #8
FunSilly
Gifted

Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!

I agree too. Part of the joy that WI offers is the ability for all ages to communicate. I have WI friends that are much younger and (dare I say) friends that are much older (don't go looking at my friends list now to see who's older!). Personally, I enjoy the different personalities and communications. Please don't split us - I would lose some of my friends - and I wuv each and every one of them!!
Funsilly is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 01:24 AM   #9
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by lauraanne
I just read a thread from a very imaginative young person that would like to seperate WI into adult and kids section. They believed that it would be better because then they could share ages I love that this person is thinking of ways to enhance the enjoyment of WI. However, PLEASE remember that there is no way to prove a person is who they say they are. Please keep reminding the children to never give out information to anybody.
I know this is said all the time but it is very important.
......We need to protect Gods littlest
I agree w/ your points 100%, Lauraanne. Well said. Webkinz are for everyone--adults & kids. With so many things that separates adults & kids, the generation gap, etc, it's so nice to have something in common to talk about. We would loose a great deal by separating, & your last comment was well said, "we do need to protect God's littlest "
momwhoplays is offline Female
Old 08-05-2008, 01:31 AM   #10
sewgrl is on a distinguished road

Lauraann, you've made some very good points--well said!
Closed