Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Proof read before you post(: (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/proof-read-before-you-post-540060/)

lucky4me24308-04-2009 09:52 AM

Proof read before you post(:

I've seen a lot of posts that are very confusing because there are many misspelled words, no puncuation, etc. I know that everyone makes mistakes, but you should at least do your best and read through before you actually post. :) And I'm not saying that nobody proof reads before they post, some people do. But to those who don't, please try harder. :thumbup:

Here are some things you should check in your post:
-Incorrect spelling. If you don't know how to spell a word, you can: look it up, ask someone, or do your best and sound it out.
-Overuse of smilies. When people use too many :thumbup::bf::bwcd::bow:smilies, it:police::albino: is annoying:angel:>:D and confusing:'(:):bluejay:. See what I mean?
-Puncuation. Sometimes getting puncuation right is hard, I know. But at least try and do the simple things, like adding a period at the end of a statement.
-Spam/completely off topic stuff. If you're on a thread that is titled "Is my puppy cute?" and your post says, "Oh my gosh, this hot dog is sooo yummy!" (xD) you might want to change it!
-Make sure your post is easy to read. Don't use bright or really light colors that are hard to read, like this. Don't use a font that can be hard for some to read, either, like this.

Hope this helps improve peoples' posts. :P :thumbup:

Lolo1208-04-2009 10:04 AM

Re: Proof read before you post(:

Great reminder! That drives me mad too when you see a statement like this:

so i was sitting at lunch 2day and my bff came to sit next to me we had muffins

I can't even read half the things I find on here. lol Then you have to go through and read it a second time because it's like, what?

lizzyxwebkinz08-04-2009 01:26 PM

I agree! It's confusing to read some posts because their just like "yo wut up man ur my bff :D:2funny::angel::thumbup::crazy2::idjut2:" Because they have no punctuation,too many smiles,and improper grammar. Rep if I can give you any and great thread! :)

Brittany99880708-04-2009 01:41 PM

Nice reminder! It does get really confusing when people use text talk. Thanks for posting this!

Maine08-04-2009 01:44 PM

I dont agree people like to use txt cuz I think its pretty easy.

Pupcake08-04-2009 03:41 PM

Great reminder! :) It does get annoying when people use too many smileys. Puncuation...it's annoying when people write like : i gutta gi soun bey (that says "I gotta go soon, bye". But if you make a little mistake, like forget to capitalize a letter at the beginning of a sentence, that's ok. It's just when people type all messy like I said above. :)
Thanks for the reminder, REP!

Jthegymnast08-04-2009 03:44 PM

Thanks so much fro the reminder, yes I do this all the time, and I must admit I am guilty of some of these crimes, well mabe only one, the spelling one. Yes I type fast, and for some reason my computor tries to reload every few seconds and won't let me type in that time, and sometimes my mistakes slip past my proof-reading, sorry about that everyone!

xoxoilyalyssa08-04-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maine (Post 15839798)
I dont agree people like to use txt cuz I think its pretty easy.

But it is against the rules. I think people have enough time to type it out :)

I agree, i sometimes see people who say HI and have all the smileys after. I consider that spam. Thank you so much for the reminder :)
-Claire :]

arodfan72708-04-2009 08:41 PM

i do agree in a way. some text talk like:

Hey man! How r u? Im good. GTG eat. BRB

i can read that perfectly, but when its like

hay maan. hw r u? m gud. GTG et BRB

im dont like

robinbin77708-06-2009 08:08 AM

Great reminder! I see a lot of incorrect posts and threads.

robinbin777 :pgn: