Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #41
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

Default Re: Profile Text Box - Please try to make the text in the text box readable

Id love if some people didnt put white on white or blue on blue its would just be easier instead of highlighting it to be able to read it without doing that

[hmm.. this I kinda rambled there? LOL]
Munchies is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #42
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Profile Text Box - Please try to make the text in the text box readable

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
Id love if some people didnt put white on white or blue on blue its would just be easier instead of highlighting it to be able to read it without doing that

[hmm.. this I kinda rambled there? LOL]
Thanks, Munch!

Agreed- once I was at someone's profile that was white on white, and I actually had to go to my own profile and write out the message before copying/pasting it on theirs. But once I told them, they were really nice about it and changed it because they didn't know about it.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #43
Kortnee Lou

I agree 100%, this is a great point.
I see a rep coming your way .
Old 03-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #44
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Kortnee Lou
I agree 100%, this is a great point.
I see a rep coming your way .
Thanks, Kortnee
Old 03-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #45
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Thanks, Munch!

Agreed- once I was at someone's profile that was white on white, and I actually had to go to my own profile and write out the message before copying/pasting it on theirs. But once I told them, they were really nice about it and changed it because they didn't know about it.
Yes, why not have readable font to start out with rather then having people go to your profile and have to go to all the "trouble" [well its not really a big deal to do ] to highlight it
Munchies is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #46
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
Yes, why not have readable font to start out with rather then having people go to your profile and have to go to all the "trouble" [well its not really a big deal to do ] to highlight it
Yeah, it's not too big highlighting it, but it's considerate of the people to just have the font color readable with the background of the text box.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #47
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

I thought that it was just my tired old computer eyes, and me but some of the colors that are available and used for posting are hard to read for a lot of us. I do use the trick of highlighting and that is a big help. I do not mean this to sound rude, but sometimes I skip that particular post because it is just unreadable. I know all of us like for our personalities to shine through and color is certainly a means to an end however sometimes it is like trying to read white on white. Perhaps if someone likes to uses some of the lighter colors in the spectrum they might also enlarge the font size to help make some of the lighter colors easier to see.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #48
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Ergoiam
I thought that it was just my tired old computer eyes, and me but some of the colors that are available and used for posting are hard to read for a lot of us. I do use the trick of highlighting and that is a big help. I do not mean this to sound rude, but sometimes I skip that particular post because it is just unreadable. I know all of us like for our personalities to shine through and color is certainly a means to an end however sometimes it is like trying to read white on white. Perhaps if someone likes to uses some of the lighter colors in the spectrum they might also enlarge the font size to help make some of the lighter colors easier to see.
I totally agree with you- some of the font colors available are a little too light. I think the best way is to get a dark background and a light font color, or a light background and a darker font. Sometimes I have to skip messages too although I rarely do that- that's only when I really can't read it. Thanks so much for posting your opinion, Ergoiam!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #49
28 Pets Since Dec.28
Gifted

gingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond reputegingerspice55 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it true that you can also change the color font when you write??? Like so it's not say white on white, you can change it to say black or dark blue???

Oh and you know another annoying thing? When people have backgrounds with patterns that block the text. For example they could have a purple background with a dark pattern, then a really dark colored font. Then I can only read part of the massage, then have to highlight the rest. It can be pretty annoying.
gingerspice55 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #50
ally is 2 legit 4 ur
Webkinz :)

OFFIE has a spectacular aura about

Let me go check my profile now........................................
OFFIE is offline Female
Closed