Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
:/ :/ :/
Webkinz :)

boovalicious14 is a glorious beacon of lightboovalicious14 is a glorious beacon of light

Default A Profile Idea

Well, I was thinking that it would be cool to have music on our profile.

Like, you could put your favorite song, as long as its not inappropriate. Like, no swear words or bad language. I was just wondering if anyone else thought it was a good idea.
boovalicious14 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
My dog likes

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

Default Re: A Profile Idea

I've seen lots of threads with these same suggestion. It's a good idea, but there might be royalty problems... But it's a nice idea.
Tango is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

royallty isn't a problem- if you can download it, then we are free to use it! lol
i like the idea ! i would love to play my favorite song: It's my life- and theres nothing bad about it- just a good song and a good way to live! LOL

I also wish we could customize our profiles just a bit more, just fill-in-the-blank sort of questions.
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

I think this would be avery cool addition to the profiles, though many problems may come along with it...

First off, how could the staff really enforce that rule of no inappropiate words or suggestions in the music? It would be extremely hard as they are already busy enough, and if each person had to get a song approved... the staff's inboxes would be baraged and flooded with pending approvals on songs that members would like to use. This, as well as many members may have their speakers on and be listening to music and then a song on a profile BLASTS out and interrupts the song they were originally listening to. They might not even want to hear music-- what if they were in a quiet, peaceful place and some random song started playing?

Also, WI would need to get permission to use songs. The reason MySpace can do it is because the singer's or band's manager person signs up and MySpace recieves permission (I believe- I'm not a wiz on all this jazz!).

I do think this would be a fun idea.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
:/ :/ :/

boovalicious14 is a glorious beacon of lightboovalicious14 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Ave
I think this would be avery cool addition to the profiles, though many problems may come along with it...

First off, how could the staff really enforce that rule of no inappropiate words or suggestions in the music? It would be extremely hard as they are already busy enough, and if each person had to get a song approved... the staff's inboxes would be baraged and flooded with pending approvals on songs that members would like to use. This, as well as many members may have their speakers on and be listening to music and then a song on a profile BLASTS out and interrupts the song they were originally listening to. They might not even want to hear music-- what if they were in a quiet, peaceful place and some random song started playing?

Also, WI would need to get permission to use songs. The reason MySpace can do it is because the singer's or band's manager person signs up and MySpace recieves permission (I believe- I'm not a wiz on all this jazz!).

I do think this would be a fun idea.
I see what you mean about the approving part....lol, that would be awesome if there was some firewall thing you could put on WI, so that no songs with bad words could be downloaded. Lol, then there would be no problem!!

---------- boovalicious14 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by ChihuahuaGrl16
royallty isn't a problem- if you can download it, then we are free to use it! lol
i like the idea ! i would love to play my favorite song: It's my life- and theres nothing bad about it- just a good song and a good way to live! LOL

I also wish we could customize our profiles just a bit more, just fill-in-the-blank sort of questions.
Yeah...a fill in the blank thing would be kool!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by boovalicious14; 01-30-2009 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
boovalicious14 is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I made a thread like this a while ago!

I would probaly put some britney spears! xD
minimaid is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
Bellabean818 is on a distinguished road

Yeah that would be cool!
Bellabean818 is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 12:34 AM   #8
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Maybe the staff could choose 10 songs with no words at all, and have them as options. Such as a button, that pops up a list and names off 10 songs WI staff created. These songs would be garantueed no bad words, and no royalty problems because they were made by the WI staff!
Just posting my opinion on the song idea.
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #9
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by S.O.S.Star
Maybe the staff could choose 10 songs with no words at all, and have them as options. Such as a button, that pops up a list and names off 10 songs WI staff created. These songs would be garantueed no bad words, and no royalty problems because they were made by the WI staff!
Just posting my opinion on the song idea.
But no one want music that aint music!
minimaid is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 01:22 AM   #10
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

That would be a fun idea .. though there are a few problems that should be worked out.
Thanks for sharing, though !!
vanvan20 is offline Female
Closed