Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:57 AM   #21
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Profile Album Reminder

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
I know a member who has posted their age and has a picture of (I think) his/herself on the profile.
If it is still up you should flag that, it's not safe.

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
this is a good reminder

But explain to me why we cant post pics of areselfss? My mom post them on other sites And I even post my age on other sites!

---------- minimaid added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

Oh and the pictures of me on the internet have not lead to stalkers.
How many people have gotten stalked through puttin a video of themselfs on youtube?
The reason why you + your mom are able to do that on other sites but not here is that as a federal law has to be compliant with COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) which restricts the information that minors can supply on certain sites that are geared towards children. Though I think the law focuses on minors under 13, I think prefers to ensure the safety of ALL minors on this site.

Though there may be pictures + videos that do not lead to stalking, the 1 that does is a huge problem + not worth the risk to the person + puts the site itself in some serious legal trouble.

It is always better to be safe than sorry. There is no benefit to posting personal information that would outweigh the cost of potentially very dangerous consequences.
sno4270 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #22
you're not alone
Webkinz :)

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Good explamation sno4370
minimaid is offline Female
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #23
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
Good explamation sno4370
Thanks Minimaid
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 11-25-2008, 12:04 AM   #24
Brittany998807

Thanks, you never think about this until you actually see this. I've only had to report 1 thing, it is a horrible feeling when you have to report something. Again, thanks for sharing! Rep point for you!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #25
call me maisy! :)
Gift Guru

maisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant future

I totally agree!
I have seen albums with adult users posting picture of there kids!!!
On the DCT I've had to report alot of spam or fluff posts.
I don't like reporting things, but sometimes you just have to.

---------- maisydog13 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

Oh, and Rep to you!

Last edited by maisydog13; 11-25-2008 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
maisydog13 is offline Male
Closed