Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #21

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

Default Re: A Problem I see in Avatar & Signature Shops

Well I agree/disagree.
If the person got something from iconator/gliter graphics and claims that they made it, then that really bugs me.
But for things like minifestos/post it notes and other stuff made on websites like lunapic, that's ok since they did mke them even if they used a website.
Not everyone can download programs so they have to use websites to make their graphics.
i_like_pie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #22
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

I agree sort of but I also disagree.

I run a shop with a couple friends with almost 600 posts and used to run a shop solo for a short while.
I do not think it is 100% fair that some of us spend hours upon hours handmaking our graphics on Photoshop or what have you and get the same amount of credit or less than those who simply type in the words and take a screenshot.

But not everyone can make handmades, you see. I used to just have a bunch of premades, I didn't know how to do anything, but I wanted to be a part of it. I started out knowing practically NOTHING. But I learned, and now, I can do way better than before. Everyone wants to feel like they contributed in some way and feel good inside when someone comes to their shop for an order. I see premades as a stepping stone... some just haven't gotten to the top of the hill yet.

In a nutshell, everyone wants to be a part of it and contribute in some way, and we shouldn't take that away from them. You gotta start somewhere.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #23
Webkinz :)

cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by *abby*
i dont have photoshop like you, and my shoppe just got closed. so give us SOME credit
im not trying to be rude and i dont use photoshop.
View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8

I run a shop with a couple friends with almost 600 posts and used to run a shop solo for a short while.
I do not think it is 100% fair that some of us spend hours upon hours handmaking our graphics on Photoshop or what have you and get the same amount of credit or less than those who simply type in the words and take a screenshot.

But not everyone can make handmades, you see. I used to just have a bunch of premades, I didn't know how to do anything, but I wanted to be a part of it. I started out knowing practically NOTHING. But I learned, and now, I can do way better than before. Everyone wants to feel like they contributed in some way and feel good inside when someone comes to their shop for an order. I see premades as a stepping stone... some just haven't gotten to the top of the hill yet.

In a nutshell, everyone wants to be a part of it and contribute in some way, and we shouldn't take that away from them. You gotta start somewhere.
okay thanks.
cookiemonster96 is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8

GREAT post, tex...completely agree
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #25
SuchGreatHeights.
Banned
PaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clown

I agree all the way.
I mean..I'm not trying to offend anyone but..
If I wanted one of my pictures glittered or get some text I'd go and get it myself instead of waiting for someone else to make it for me at their shop..
=P
PaperBlossom is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #26

cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by PaperBlossom
I agree all the way.
I mean..I'm not trying to offend anyone but..
If I wanted one of my pictures glittered or get some text I'd go and get it myself instead of waiting for someone else to make it for me at their shop..
thank you (:
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #27

luckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud ofluckyfunky3 has much to be proud of

I agree. All my stuff is made on GIMP and I work really hard on everything I make. Some websites like lunapic or picnik can make things that look prfessional if you learn the skills. If people use websites or graphic generators like imagechef or wigflip, they would just make them theselves. Those are easy to make. Also, a lot of people use blobs/kaoanis. I know those are popular but you can search for them on the internet. It is not hard. People make handmade ones and they are pretty good. This is my opinion.
luckyfunky3 is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #28

thanks for posting! (:
Old 08-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #29
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

I think some avvie and siggie shops are good, some bad, IDK.
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #30

alrighty (:
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, cheese!