Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

Default A Problem I see in Avatar & Signature Shops

Hiya!
Now, I am an owner of what I believe is a successful shop owner, over 500 posts (w00t!)

I look around at other people shops at times, but when I see them, I am pretty upset. (not all, just the ones that apply below )

All I see in their shops are things that are already image simulated from a website.
Now, I am not trying to be rude, but a shop is not a place for you to use something from a website liek wigflip - toys and tools for the web or ImageChef - Customize Photos, Clip Art .

If you are going to open a shop, make the graphics yourself by hand.
I know that there are members who don't get enough credit for making handmade graphics because it is harder than writing in the words and then here you go! because it doesn't take much. i mean, anyone would go on a site, type in words, and post it. I mean really?

i am kinda venting sorry.
(please dont post anything rude and im sorry if i offended anyone)

View Post Originally Posted by PaperBlossom
I agree all the way.
I mean..I'm not trying to offend anyone but..
If I wanted one of my pictures glittered or get some text I'd go and get it myself instead of waiting for someone else to make it for me at their shop..
View Post Originally Posted by luckyfunky3
I agree. All my stuff is made on GIMP and I work really hard on everything I make. Some websites like lunapic or picnik can make things that look prfessional if you learn the skills. If people use websites or graphic generators like imagechef or wigflip, they would just make them theselves. Those are easy to make. Also, a lot of people use blobs/kaoanis. I know those are popular but you can search for them on the internet. It is not hard. People make handmade ones and they are pretty good. This is my opinion.

Last edited by cookiemonster96; 08-12-2009 at 02:31 PM..
cookiemonster96 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!
ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

Default Re: A Problem I see in Avatar & Signature Shops

I understand your point, but some people don't have much artistic skill on the computer. I have seen a lot of minifestos, mosaic words, etc. but that could be...

1. All the person knows about
2. An option for someone who doesn't have anything cool like Photoshop.

There are also plenty of shops with BEAUTIFUL hand made stuff. I have also seen plenty of shops with the generic online editing you are talking about.
ICanHasWebkinz? is offline Female
Old 08-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

Your point is well taken. Personal creativity and artistry represent the pinnacle of success. Unfortunately, few possess both. A category I fit neatly into.

IMHO a few are dabbling while others are learning/honing their chosen craft from an entry-level position (the ground up so to speak) with hopes of developing the expertise to go original.

Took a few moments to browse your shop-- you're gifted.

Last edited by WillWork4KC; 08-11-2009 at 11:53 PM..
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #4
luv14webkinz

yes, i totally agree! i make everything by hand but my slideshows (not the pics) i use a website and upload pics i made. good point!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by cookiemonster96
Hiya!
Now, I am an owner of what I believe is a successful shop owner, over 500 posts (w00t!)

I look around at other people shops at times, but when I see them, I am pretty upset. (not all, just the ones that apply below )

All I see in their shops are things that are already image simulated from a website.
Now, I am not trying to be rude, but a shop is not a place for you to use something from a website liek wigflip - toys and tools for the web or ImageChef - Customize Photos, Clip Art .

If you are going to open a shop, make the graphics yourself by hand.
I know that there are members who don't get enough credit for making handmade graphics because it is harder than writing in the words and then here you go! because it doesn't take much. i mean, anyone would go on a site, type in words, and post it. I mean really?

i am kinda venting sorry.
(please dont post anything rude and im sorry if i offended anyone)
I agree and disagree.

I agree, because I don't really call something a graphic when you just slap a picture on something from imagechef,or just go to wigflip and slap on some text. Or just go to go glitterfy and slap on some glitter. : P
Yes,you can just crop the logo out,but I think some people are still going to notice.

But then,I disagree. I personally use picnik,but I don't really call that a graphic generator,because if you use it correctly,it can actually look professional. And some people have never heard of sites like picnik and such,and can't download GIMP or Photoshop,so they just use imagechef or something.
Anyways,great thread and rep if I can give you any!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 AM   #6
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

Yeah, I don't even order from those. (well, I barely order from shops, but I would never for those.)
Jake is offline Male
Old 08-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
Lol :)

Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!Maine is the cats pajamas!

I disagree. Most people can't have the great artistic skills that some people have. I have those good skills and so does my partner that helps and runs my shop with me. You didn't offend me, I just spoke my mind is all. Sometimes it's all they can really do.
Maine is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #8
Call me DolphinGirl!

RainbowSmiley is a glorious beacon of lightRainbowSmiley is a glorious beacon of lightRainbowSmiley is a glorious beacon of light

Are you talking about mine? Because on mine I also make cool fonts and stuff. I am just giving away graphics from a free site, and often I tell people the site.
RainbowSmiley is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
-Alicia‚ô•

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

I don't really agree...

Sometimes, people don't know about the graphic directory, but I also like home made
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #10
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

I think that for those people who make all their own graphics and have that talent should applauded! Most of us here can understand how difficult and time consuming it can be.

I do however think that those shops who use other other types of websites like imagechef to build graphics are doing their best as well.

Not everyone is artistically inclined (if I ever tried to make a graphic I am sure my computer would rip itself in half laughing lol). I think that most of those shops are just a person or people trying their best. They want to feel like a better part of this wonderful community and feel a small sense of pride when someone visits their shop and hen uses their creation.

I can understand the frustration but am pretty tolerant of everyone here and understanding.
Meow Face is offline Female
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, cheese!