Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #11
I Rocks and so does
Gift Guru

Auntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAuntkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Level 3 
Default Re: Private Threads

View Post Originally Posted by Super Clydesdale Bros
Leah, I believe Mods & Admins can see PM's so it could be like the same thing only threads. ;]
Hi there! I just wanted to post so you would know that I cannot see your PM's. I can only see the ones by members when someone forwards me a copy of one. PM's are private.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #12
Gift Trainee

moomoo12 will become famous soon enough

nice very good idea have you asked a mod or admin about it yet?
moomoo12 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 10:08 PM   #13
To the invisible (:
Webkinz :)

In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

Well here is my take on it, First of all its a good idea but it could hurt someones feelings,( It would not hurt mine) But I think it could hurt someones feelings, ANd that would be harder for the MODS
In The Sun is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #14
Webkinz :)

02dawn is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that is a great idea!
02dawn is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #15
Has37789
Gift Guru

has37789 is a glorious beacon of lighthas37789 is a glorious beacon of light

Great Idea!!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #16
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

First off, let me say that we always appreciate everyone's input. You never know if an idea will work until you put it out there.

There are several downsides I see to this though.

First, I would worry that people would really retreat to those areas and stick to them. Part of what Justin and Wendy have always tried to maintain was a forum where all ages of Webkinz users could chime in on issues involving WW. Other than the GE, there is not a place on WI that isn't open to everyone and in that regard, anyone can join the GE as long as they abide by the rules and meet the requirements.

We've never been a forum crazy about excluding anyone from any thread.

Second, I think ITS is right. It would be tougher for the staff to maintain. Right now, we very much rely on our members to flag inappropriate or unnecessary posts. Private threads would have to be entered into by the staff and then moderated. On a forum as large as ours is already, thats more work that we don't really need. Its the same reason that we only allow one DCT. If there were threads where people could discuss whatever they wanted, we'd have to police all of them.

But the time you put into the thought is appreciated!

fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #17
Gift Guru

Skydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to all

awesome idea.

i registered on acc, but i quit. lol.
Skydreamer is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #18
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Why not just use PMs? You can send to multiple people at a time...
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 08-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #19
moving on
Gift Guru

chaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to behold

Admin/ or site owners can set it so mods can view PM's.

But Auntkinz says she does not have that option.

I have read on another site (run BY V-Bulletin) that Admin reads PM's to ensure kids are not giving out personal info that can harm them.
chaotic is offline Female
Old 08-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #20
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Auntkinz
Hi there! I just wanted to post so you would know that I cannot see your PM's. I can only see the ones by members when someone forwards me a copy of one. PM's are private.
Okay. I never knew that, and I thought they could read them, but I guess not. Thanks for letting me know.

View Post Originally Posted by In The Sun
Well here is my take on it, First of all its a good idea but it could hurt someones feelings,( It would not hurt mine) But I think it could hurt someones feelings, ANd that would be harder for the MODS
Very good point there.

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
First off, let me say that we always appreciate everyone's input. You never know if an idea will work until you put it out there.

There are several downsides I see to this though.

First, I would worry that people would really retreat to those areas and stick to them. Part of what Justin and Wendy have always tried to maintain was a forum where all ages of Webkinz users could chime in on issues involving WW. Other than the GE, there is not a place on WI that isn't open to everyone and in that regard, anyone can join the GE as long as they abide by the rules and meet the requirements.

We've never been a forum crazy about excluding anyone from any thread.

Second, I think ITS is right. It would be tougher for the staff to maintain. Right now, we very much rely on our members to flag inappropriate or unnecessary posts. Private threads would have to be entered into by the staff and then moderated. On a forum as large as ours is already, thats more work that we don't really need. Its the same reason that we only allow one DCT. If there were threads where people could discuss whatever they wanted, we'd have to police all of them.

But the time you put into the thought is appreciated!

That explains a lot to me, and yes, it would be INSANE, if there were more than one DCT.
I was thinking more of a section for the mods and admins, to maybe be able to see them, and the same section would be open to the members of WI, but when they went, it would only show the threads they were invited too, hence, you could see what the other threads were, and if they weren't appropriate, or safe, etc., you could close them.

Here is a screenshot of what they have on ACC ;;
Click the image to open in full size.
Please note I haven't been on in FOREVER.
Jake is offline Male
Closed

Tags
awesome idea!