Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Jesus is aware
Webkinz :)

RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!RMMimii is not just visiting!

Default Re: Private Forums?

View Post Originally Posted by jj8
I was thinking...and I realized unless you are in the GE (like me) all your posts anyone in the world that has internet access can view them. I was thinking that WI could make forums private until someone joins? I don't think it is too safe for ANYONE to be able to view my posts such as if I post on the DCT someone could be reading all our posts while we are posting without us knowing which I don't find too safe.

Just a thought.

Please excuse my ignorance....what is 'DCT'?
RMMimii is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
Banned
French Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledge

If it's on the internet, anybody can see it. Also, be careful of what you put out on the internet, especially social networking websites, such as Facebook or MySpace. That's why I don't post a ton of photos on Facebook - Anybody can see them. This goes for EVERYTHING on the internet. Everything. Be careful!

‚ô•Jodie
French Zebra is offline Female
Old 05-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
Call Me Kayelyn
Gifted

ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!ratgirl57 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by RMMimii
Daily Chat Thread. It's in the Open Mike section of the forum.
ratgirl57 is offline Female
Old 05-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #14
Gift Guru

Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

View Post Originally Posted by RMMimii
DCT stands for Daily Chat Thread. It's just a place where members can chat and say random things. DCT's are started by a mod or admin each morning at around midnight. They usually have a fun topic to start out with. I hope this helps.
Bookworm255 is offline Male
Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #15
Gifted
Billy1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguise
Billy1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguise

View Post Originally Posted by Centex Homes 1
We have PM'S that is what it is!!
Mods are able to read every pm you send to everyone.

Thanks for posting this thread.
Billy1920 is offline Male
Old 05-17-2011, 03:54 AM   #16

mandarine will become famous soon enough

I don't want to step on your internet safety lecture here, but the extent to which you claim that nothing on the internet is private is absolutely false. For the most part, if you are careful about what you do, people will not be able to find things you have posted on the internet if you don't want them to.
I'm not claiming that nobody can ever see things you've posted. Even if things are set to private, the website administration (and probably certain governmental agencies with the appropriate authorization) can still access things, but unless your parents and siblings and teachers and employers are computer hackers, they won't be able to see it.
The best way to protect yourself on the internet is simply to use a username and not reveal it to anybody who knows your personal information. That way, even if people can easily find out what "mandarine" has been up to, they won't be able to trace it back to me. On certain social networking sites where it's expected of you to use your real name, you are still fairly well protected if you do so. Privacy settings work. That said, be careful who you allow to access your profile and be aware of what personal content is viewable on other people's profiles (pictures, etc.).
A certain amount of caution on the internet is necessary, but this level of paranoia about privacy is unhealthy. The internet is not out to get you.
mandarine is offline Female
Old 05-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

Nothing is private, not VMs, not posts here, not even FaceBook messages. EVERYTHING CAN BE SOMEHOW FOUND.

Be careful, don't post anything bad on the internet. No exceptions.
SophieKinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #18
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i joined wi because i could see what it was all about. i hate it that other forums are non viewable till you join and then maybe you don't want to be there after all. i know i don't have to go back, but to have an idea before hand is nice.
if wi had been private till you are a member, i doubt i would have joined so long ago.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
T9850

T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero
T9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a heroT9850 was born a hero

That would be OK, I guess.
T9850 is offline Male
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #20
lps3cheese has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
... ooh, does that mean future employers, too? DX

Employer: I'm sorry, Bluski, but we cannot accept you as a cashier at Target because you are just too dang crazy.
Me: WHAT EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE?!
Employer: all 20,000 some of your posts on WI.
Me: NOOOOO DX

... but srsly. Webberlily's right... if it's on the internet, people can find it and see it. Even private messages, though I would imagine that they are harder to see. A private forum wouldn't really help this, unfortunately. That's the sad truth about the internet...
This made me laugh

As some users have already said, it's WI policy to have the forums open to everyone, with the exception of the GE, of course. Keep in mind that there might me some kids who are not allowed to have an account here, but still read the site for news.

Also, guests cannot see your profile
If you would like to edit your profile privacy, you can click here!
lps3cheese is offline Female
Closed

Tags
you are beautiful(: