Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
Edward prefers
Webkinz :)

superdiva123 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Posts Getting Deleted

Maybe people report u because they don't agree with u. That is bad enough without the mods not looking at the post being reported before deleting it.
superdiva123 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #12
SunshineGal

Yeah .. I think that if a post is reported, the mods should look at it first no matter how many reports it gets. Then they should decide if it should be deleted or not.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #13
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

Folks, we don't delete posts without looking at them, and we don't delete them just because people report them. If a moderator thinks a post needs to be deleted, there's a good reason. We hear a lot about censorship and free speech. I love free speech, but it doesn't apply in this case. This is not public territory; it's Justin and Wendy's website, therefore it's their property, and they've entrusted us to help run it by their rules.

We don't delete posts simply because they are negative or disagree...but if they are rude, if they have led to arguments or could lead to arguments, then they'll probably get deleted.

The key is to choose your words carefully. You could say "I'm not wild about the e-store because I don't have access to a credit card and/or I don't really want to buy virtual items only...I'd rather get them with a plush I buy" We would not likely delete that statement.

If, however, you say "Ganz stinks. I hate this and anyone who doesn't hate it is wrong and stupid," well, that will get deleted.

(These are just example sentences.)
Old 06-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
PocketAces27
Gift Guru

PocketAces27 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by larkrose
Folks, we don't delete posts without looking at them, and we don't delete them just because people report them. If a moderator thinks a post needs to be deleted, there's a good reason. We hear a lot about censorship and free speech. I love free speech, but it doesn't apply in this case. This is not public territory; it's Justin and Wendy's website, therefore it's their property, and they've entrusted us to help run it by their rules.

We don't delete posts simply because they are negative or disagree...but if they are rude, if they have led to arguments or could lead to arguments, then they'll probably get deleted.

The key is to choose your words carefully. You could say "I'm not wild about the e-store because I don't have access to a credit card and/or I don't really want to buy virtual items only...I'd rather get them with a plush I buy" We would not likely delete that statement.

If, however, you say "Ganz stinks. I hate this and anyone who doesn't hate it is wrong and stupid," well, that will get deleted.

(These are just example sentences.)
Thank you for the reply, but I have a few follow up questions.

I fully understand what you posted and agree 100% but why is it so one sided?

It seems to be one side is left, while all opinions to the contrary are deleted. It give readers the impression that everyone agrees, when in fact 6 people didn't, but those 6 replies were removed and only the "good" remains.

I have read the rules, and I did not see anywhere where it said the mods would edit or remove the topics or posts as they see fit in order to gear the conversation to the positive. If I missed it, please let me know where I can find that.

Private Ownership of a site is one thing, but censoring and editing user content in order to make the posts better reflect the product is another ball game. The readers and users are not getting a true example of what the community thinks or says.

It's fine if the owners choose to edit the content, they have the right, but I think the readers and members also have a right to know what they read in the posts may have been altered by the mods in order to keep the message proactive for the site.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #15
SunshineGal

View Post Originally Posted by larkrose
We hear a lot about censorship and free speech. I love free speech, but it doesn't apply in this case. This is not public territory; it's Justin and Wendy's website, therefore it's their property, and they've entrusted us to help run it by their rules.
Do you mean that there isn't free speech on this website and it's just for Justin and Wendy to rule?! I'm not trying to cause trouble and I don't want to upset anyone, but that's what it sounds like when you put it that way.

Just wondering. Trying to keep and open mind (:

---------- SunshineGal added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

LOL, I'm just a newbie. I don't know what I'm talking about. I'll just quietly fade into the background if you want me to (:

Last edited by SunshineGal; 06-04-2008 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
Gift Guru

snuffles31 will become famous soon enough

wow, i really hope this is not what's going on. The only reason i can see a fight would occur is because some kids may not understand the concept of debate. But for someone to delete your posts because of a possible fight, thats too much. Why isn't the post deleted of the people who are "fighting". I don't know what posts of yours have been deleted, but i can tell by your posts here that you are able to express yourself in a well thought out manner. hmmm...
Old 06-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #17
PocketAces27
Gift Guru

PocketAces27 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by snuffles31
wow, i really hope this is not what's going on. The only reason i can see a fight would occur is because some kids may not understand the concept of debate. But for someone to delete your posts because of a possible fight, thats too much. Why isn't the post deleted of the people who are "fighting". I don't know what posts of yours have been deleted, but i can tell by your posts here that you are able to express yourself in a well thought out manner. hmmm...
I was hoping I was wrong as well, but the moderator who posted here said it pretty clear that that they indeed do it, this being my year anniversary at the site and having made some great friends on it, it's a shame this does happen. It wasn't always like this (at least for me), it has only been the last few months.

The last post that was deleted was a reply to someone who was calling another "wrong" for a trade they made, and telling the member "you should have not traded that and should have cancelled the trade", and that was to put it nice, it was almost an assault by 2 or 3 members on one person because they traded something the others didn't think was "up to par" or "worth enough". I replied very nicely that it was up to the individual the worth of the trade and then posted some examples of my trades and how it only members if both parties involved are happy, and that's it. I also made mention that the GE we have here is great and needs the rules it has, but the Trading Room in KinzWorld is NOT the same as the GE here at WI and therefore the member here should not condemn or insult those who choose to be more generous in the Trading Room.

And my other posts that were taken down, were in the same context, always professional and caring. It's the other people who I thought were rude and insensitive to the children who trade and may have wanted the item the got in trade regardless of third party "value" on that object.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #18
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

Have you ever checked your User CP home page and scrolled to the bottom to see the moderated posts? if a post of yours was deleted, you should see the reason why there. that might answer a few of your questions. if you still have questions about a post in particular, you can then pm the mod that deleted it for more information or explanation too. we are literally limited to the amount of explanation we can provide when we remove the post, but we're always happy to explain more if you ask.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #19
lateralus.
Gift Guru

glamglam is a WI addict!
glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!

I really don't think a mod or admin would do that.
If I were you,I would PM the mod that deleted your post and ask them if they could explain you. They're really friendly and they will!

~Glamglam
Old 06-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #20
Ciara

ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed