Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
PocketAces27
Gift Guru

PocketAces27 is on a distinguished road

Default Posts Getting Deleted

I was wondering why some of my posts (usually the one's that may not agree with the other's in the discussion) seem to get magically deleted? The post has broken no rule, but it seems like every time I make a educated, well thought out reply to a topic, that within a few hours there is no record of it? I was under the assumption that any mods here would only mod a topic, remove it, etc for the good of WI, but it looks to me that if I don't happen to agree with a mods opinion on something, they just delete my reply. It has happened to me more than once, too many times to be a fluke.

I have been a fan of WI for a long time, but if every 5th post I make gets deleted for no reason, just because a mod may personally not agree with me, I think that is uncalled for censorship. WI had every right to run it's site as they want to, but I think admins and founders should be aware that I don't think all the mods act in the best interest of the site, but instead act on a personal level. I am professional who run dozens of websites for a living, and if any of my staff every brought personal feelings to the board room floor, we would have issues. I'm sure this post will also get magically deleted as well.

I just hope Justin or some of the other admins see this beforehand. I won't name names and I won't stop coming here as I love the people and enjoy answering questions and helping out, I just think it's a shame that all views and opinions are not welcome if they are under the rules and guidelines of the site.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Kiss the Hot Italian
Webkinz :)

bellabean123 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Posts Getting Deleted

WOW the same thing happens to some of my threads! Someone might have flagged it or reported it and someone deleted it. i have no clue why.
bellabean123 is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
SunshineGal

Hm that is weird. I haven't been here long but I would think that you would be able to voice your thoughts as long as they don't break the rules IMHO.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
PocketAces27
Gift Guru

PocketAces27 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by bellabean123
WOW the same thing happens to some of my threads! Someone might have flagged it or reported it and someone deleted it. i have no clue why.
I had thought of that as well, and that is another issue in itself. People seem to "report" a post if they don't agree with it, and if the system is set up to remove a post after "X" amout of "reports' without someone looking at it, you end up with a every one sided thread.

For example if 10 people post they love the estore and then 2 people say the hate it, and those 10 people who love it all report the 2 that hate it and the system then pulls the thread, that is a problem with the software.

It's just odd that it's only times when I post a opinion and only in certain sections

---------- PocketAces27 added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by SunshineGal
Hm that is weird. I haven't been here long but I would think that you would be able to voice your thoughts as long as they don't break the rules IMHO.
That is the way it used to be and why I liked it here at WI as opposed to the other Kinz sites becuase there was a great group of avid fans and collectors here, but the last few months it seems like that may no longer be the case.

Last edited by PocketAces27; 06-04-2008 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
SunshineGal

Yeah, I don't think that's a very fair reporting method. But, that's okay I guess. I don't want to get involved.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
Kiss the Hot Italian

bellabean123 has a spectacular aura about

I know!!! Just because people have different opinions doesnt mean our opinions dont matter! That makes me soooo mad!
bellabean123 is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
I ♥

decemberborn is on a distinguished road

Hmmmmmm thats weird. I don't know why someone would deleate a post that states an opinion. (= decemberborn=)
Old 06-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #8
SunshineGal

I love your little picture under your name, decemberborn! Avatar, I think?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #9
Lublana

Lublana is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by SunshineGal
I love your little picture under your name, decemberborn! Avatar, I think?
Yes, Avatar.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
SunshineGal

OK thank you
Closed