Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #51
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Posts aren't the only thing that matter....

Posts don't matter, but I think congratulations are nice. Even though everyone is great, even is they have 10 posts (in which case, saying something about how cool it is that they are a webkinz would be good) or 100000 posts. Giving someone a compliment is great, as long as you don't degrade others. (i.e. You're jsut a lil kinz!")

---------- Ivie added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by BackFlip15
I think people being dazzled by your posts isn't necessarily a bad thing. Getting complimented isn't really a bad thing, either. If you don't like it, just tell them 'Aww, thank you!' and politely go back to the forum. Don't make a big deal out of it.

I also agree with DixieCup. Some people with only 5 posts have really gotten my attention. They make great threads, are great people, and only have a few posts. So posts don't matter, but if someone seems to like your stars or how many reps, don't just ignore them. They just think it's cool.

Great thread!
I'd rep you, but I need to spread some around.

Last edited by Ivie; 03-01-2009 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Ivie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 01:38 AM   #52
Webkinz :)

CKinz will become famous soon enough

OK....Maybe I'm just not WI savy....LOL, but honestly when I read posts I couldn't care less how many posts or swirlies or whatever they mc-call them a person has. And I certainly won't be judging anyone by thier rep/swirlies, however I assume most of the mods/admins have a higher post count So thery would be the ones I'd be asking for help if I should ever need it.

I read posts based on the title and whether the subject interests or disintrests me, or if I have some kind of helpful input to provide, then I'll add a little something. It doesn't matter if the person has 1 or 10000 posts. Each person should be given equal opportunity to be heard Sometimes I'll add quick comments because a post will have made me laugh or smile, but otherwise I tend to avoid the 4 word or less replies.

I have seen a significant amount of replies of "cool", "I agree" or "that's a great idea" and such. While I agree sometimes that's all one has to say about a post, perhaps members who repeatedly respond this way could resist and add a little sustinance on occasion?

Either way - I think there are many factors that come into play when responding including age and experience - and lets NOT leave out WW experience!!!! There are also some people who have a way with words and are chatty, while others tend to do it short and sweet.

I can post up a storm when I so desire, but I usually tend to keep post relatively short *giggle* (LOL...ok everyone laugh now). This might be the once in a while exception!

Personally, I love the "help I need a name" section...I love thinking up new pet names! I provide them to anyone posting regardless or rep or post count or such. I hope none views this as "fluff".

XOXO,
CKinz
CKinz is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #53
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree completely! If I thought that people with a few posts didn't matter, I wouldn't talk to some of the people I talk to on here. I'm not going to stop talking to someone because they have fewer posts than me. I have met some great people who don't have that many posts. They are some of the nicest people I have met. I have also met some people with a lot more posts than I have that are just as nice as well. One of my best friends on here now has rainbows, and while I think it's cool that he has rainbows, he's the same person I met when he didn't have those rainbows, so to me it doesn't matter that he has them or not, cause I'd talk to him no matter what.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #54
fashionista♥

stripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledge

I definently agree! I see that alot! Everyone will get a lot of posts in their own good time.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #55
Gift Guru

Skydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to all

yeah i agree, but it is nice to have a lot of posts, you have to admit. people respect you because they see you have been here for a while. i've been here since 2007 and have a small amount of posts compared to what i should have! i see these new members, only a few months old with rainbows already. :| lol.
Skydreamer is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #56
Gifted
webkinz_girl10 has a brilliant futurewebkinz_girl10 has a brilliant futurewebkinz_girl10 has a brilliant futurewebkinz_girl10 has a brilliant futurewebkinz_girl10 has a brilliant future

I know!
I've been here in 07' and I don't have many posts. I don't care!
webkinz_girl10 is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #57
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I understand what you are saying, but sometimes I like to CONGRADULATE them for all their hardwork to get them. THe thing I hate is people judge other members by them. By the way, Congrats on all your hard work in getting your reps, stars, and posts. I dont like people's hard work to go unnoticed, but I dont like it when people judge off of them. It IS the person that counts.
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #58

leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!

thanks for all these great opinions guys!
leah_hope93 is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #59
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Yes, I agree but sometimes I ask people: You have tons of posts! What section do you go into a lot for posts?
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #60

leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!

well thats one thing,
but only talking to people/wanting to be their friends cuzza their posts is different.
leah_hope93 is offline Female
Closed