Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #91
Call me Jade
Gift Trainee

warmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Posts aren't the only thing that matter....

Very good point! What will that status be Justin?? Lol
warmblood12211 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #92
So glad I'm
Gifted

muzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond repute

I get your point I really don't like it when people say wow you have a lot of posts. It has only happened to me once and that was a person with somwhere around 10 posts and at that time I had just barely over 100. But people with 5,000 plus posts must get that all the time
I also see how even though some people have 5000+ posts, they might not be very good posts or maybe they run a naming shop that is very popular (running a naming shop is a great thing I am not bashing it) but all of thier posts may be on the same thread or all in the contests section (although I have quite a few posts in the contest section)
I hope they WI comes out with something other than post numbers to give us status SOON!

Last edited by muzicfreak; 03-08-2009 at 06:40 PM..
muzicfreak is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #93
Webkinz :)

leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by warmblood12211
Very good point! What will that status be Justin?? Lol
somehow i doubt he'll tell you.
leah_hope93 is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #94
Elephantboy42
Gifted
Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!

I totally agree. Nice quote from Justin... can't wait to see what it is!
Elephantboy42 is offline Male
Old 03-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #95

leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!

haha,
me either.
leah_hope93 is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #96

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I agree...and disagree.

Well, I think people should never judge people of how many stars/reps they have. To me it never matters, it's just the person that matters.

But on the other hand if someone says "Wow, you have so many posts! You're lucky" it's not something that's bad. It can be considered to be a compliment. Some people just respect how many reps/stars you have as a member. I think it's more of a compliment.

Well, that's how I feel anyways...

()_()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pandora

Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #97
e Always Knew I'd be
Gift Guru

ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!ilovewebkinz100 is not just visiting!

I agree in a way. I think that there is a time and a place to celebrate a number of posts. When someone gets there 1,000 post or something, I think that should be a big deal. I actually like it when people come to me and say "Congrats on your 1,000 post" Or something like "Congrats on being here for 1 whole year". I think these are positive things people should say sometimes.
ilovewebkinz100 is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #98
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I'm about 50-50 with this.

If someone says, "Wow, you have 1,000 posts!" that could mean two things. It could mean that they look up to you (good) or are jealous of you (not that good). However, they might just be complimenting you on a new achievement, such as a spinny, rainbows, or your 5th star.

I really appreciate it when someone takes the time and notices my new post count score (like 3,000th post, etc.) I think it's really nice of them to stop by and just congratulate me.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #99

MoonRose will become famous soon enough

I am a bit nervous about people who have over 1,000 posts unless they're a Mod or Admin on the forum, in which case I figure they need to post announcements and answer questions so it's to be expected they would have a lot of posts. I've been a member of various forums in the past, got tired of some of them and moved on. Some just wound down for lack of active new members. What doesn't grow, stagnates, what stagnates eventually dies. A forum will die if it doesn't welcome new members and I have seen quite a few over the years that were on their last legs or died that way.

I have seen way too many forums that made a big deal over how many posts someone had. As a result, those forums tended to have a ton of fluff posts. Once members got over 1,000 or more posts, they were extremely proud of it, even if 99.999% of their posts were fluff. They were very arrogant about it and rude and unfriendly to people who didn't have many posts yet. Once a member spammed the forum with enough fluff posts to get up to 500 or so posts, then they might deign to notice them.

As a result of those forums, if I see a person who has not been a member long with a ton of posts, I figure there's a lot of fluff in there. If I see someone with lots of posts, I tend to expect them to be arrogant, and not interested in input from a new member as much as from a more senior (post-wise) member.

I suspect other people who have joined this forum may have had similar experiences elsewhere as well. I'll often find a forum with a thread I'm interested in through a search engine, read it and leave to never come back. I don't even consider joining the forum, usually the thread is not the main thrust of the forum, or I'm just looking for a tech answer.

I found WI through a SE looking up info on rare sales. I bookmarked it just to look up daily rare sales. Then I stuck around and browsed because of the menus at the top (Recipes, PSF, etc.). I read the thread under American rares, then a few more threads, looked up a few houses and such through people's sigs. The reason I decided to join was all the WW info here, and that people seemed friendly in their posts to each other, and are so into Webkinz. I didn't see one arrogant comment on here in the stuff I read. That was what got me to join. Info, passion for the subject and friendliness is the way to go.

I still am not sure what the Friends system is for exactly. I had a couple people ask me, so I accepted, and I asked a couple people because I liked their posts or their creativity with their house. I'm assuming Friends are people you feel like you have something in common with, or like their personality, as far as you can tell it, through their posts?

BTW, Justin doesn't impress me, he doesn't have any rainbows or spinnies or anything moving under his avatar. Being the actual founder isn't nearly as impressive, right?
MoonRose is offline Female
Old 03-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #100

bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered
bballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter coveredbballmars is glitter covered

I don't really agree that much. yeah, i agree its just he person that matters but i don't think there is a big deal with commenting on someones comments. If someone told me "wow you have a lot of posts...cool!" i would like "hey thanks! WI rocks!" i guess i really don't see the big deal in getting upset when someone comments on that. Of couse, just as long as there not judging you by it or anything.
Closed