Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!

Default Posts aren't the only thing that matter....

I have noticed lately a lot of people saying,
"whoa, you have rainbows?"
or,
"omg, how did you get so many posts?"
{not to me, just something i've noticed}
i just wanted to say, this annoys some people.
they dont care how many posts they have,
and they would prefer you not to make a big deal out of their spinnies/rainbows/etc.
just remember,
its the person that matters,
not their number of posts.

UPDATE: I have received some information from a very reliable source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Click the image to open in full size.
There might be something coming soon to WI that gives you "status" that isn't just based on posts and reps..
Doesn't that sound coolieee?

UPDATE 2: That new addition is the WI bucks!

Last edited by leah_hope93; 03-09-2009 at 07:53 PM..
leah_hope93 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
uvs the weim

SOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Posts aren't the only thing that matter....

Yeah, I see that all the time, especially with the newer members.
SOSO910 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Thumbs down Re: Posts aren't the only thing that matter....

I thought having a lot of posts and reps was something to be proud of. I disagree. They might think that you are a role model, in fact that is something to be proud of. Also, they see your good behavior on the forum, which earned you all those posts and rep bars, and the rank. After somebody says that you don't say, "Oh, well don't congratulate me, that is just annoying!"
Its great too have a lot of posts, your right, they aren't the only thing that matters, but don't make it a burden. Be proud you have that many posts. Be proud that you are a role model to members.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
montanarose9

I agree 100%. I've seen this. "You got over ____ posts and I joined _ before you!"
Old 02-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #5

leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!leah_hope93 is the cats pajamas!

i respect your opinion badena.

but i especially notice it with one of my friends.
she has like 50,000 posts,
and the 1st thing anyone says to her is something along the lines of,
"whoa, you got lots of posts."
it just kinda annoys her.
and i agree.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

It never matters to me how many posts a person has. I have seen people here with as FEW as 1 or 2 posts and they have impacted me GREATLY.
For example: Pathetictastic was here a scant 6 posts when he posted his MARVELOOUS Purple Monster that he ALONE created and made a pattern for. SIX posts and I was thrilled to be his friend
I think Nonna72 had been here a total of ten posts before she started welcoming outsiders and I think she is the most warm and welcoming Webkinz we have
I like to go to people's profiles when they are fresh and new and sometimes leave a friendly message, telling them when they reach the webkinz Status to please add me as their friend.
Posts DO NOT matter to me at ALL.
EVERYONE on is here to contribute something to the Melting Pot.
We have had at least two people in the recipe section who came in with their FIRST post being a solved recipe. Where would we be if those people were ignored?
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Arrow Re: Posts aren't the only thing that matter....

View Post Originally Posted by leah_hope93
i respect your opinion badena.

but i especially notice it with one of my friends.
she has like 50,000 posts,
and the 1st thing anyone says to her is something along the lines of,
"whoa, you got lots of posts."
it just kinda annoys her.
and i agree.

I understand. I don't know why she would feel that way, I wouldn't brag about my posts, but if somebody said, "WOW! Look all those posts!" You would still want to be kind, so a small, "Thank you." would work. Do you see what I mean?
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #8

badena-
i agree about thanking them,
but i also think it would be fine to tell them politely you dont really like being complimented on it.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

I agree, I get sometimes annoyed by it. A friendly 'congrats' aren't much annoying though for me. I actually feel bad because if the member who posted the "Woah you have a lot of ______" had less than me and I don't know how I could reply. I think I agree about what you just said. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #10
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

I really agree! I have some people on my friends list that have under 10 posts, but are some of the helpful people I have ever met: they try to welcome new members, though they are extremely new themselves, and always give out great greetings on profiles. I wish I could be as sweet as they! ( That is the grammar, evn though it sounds extremely weird)

I have been guitly of yearning for posts, but I now am beginning to realize how little they add to our value. A person could have 100,000 posts that are all fluff and could have never been kind to a person, or could be a Lil' kinz that makes the most of his or her mere amount of posts, and always longs to help someone. In conclusion, posts don't matter at all!

Posts, rep, trades, status, none of these add to your value, everyone here on WI, from the most seasoned to the newest members contribute to making WI a fantastic place! Fabulous thread!
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Closed