Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #41
bekahluvsjesus(:
Webkinz :)

bekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guide

Default Re: Posts aren't everything!!

I agree! (: But I don't even know what a speech is...Well I know what it is, I mean I have never seen one! People should just have fun. But, I do like to see the numbers go up, it's kind of part of the fun! (:
bekah_rose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #42
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

With all the new arguments/discussions here I think we need to get to the root of this thread. Meaningful helpful posts are wonderful and if you have 500 meaningful posts that is something to be proud of. 500 times you have helped someone, or had a question answered.

The part I think that those of us on this side of the fence are trying to stress is people who post something trivial on everything they see in an attempt to get stars and what not.

Being an active WI member is great! Please post and make new threads. But please don't post random things just to get stars.

bob nws you always make such great points! I think you should be proud of your post count as they are always great posts.

I don't care how long someone has been a member or how many stars they have, I care about how they act on the forum and why they are here.
Meow Face is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #43
Rage&Love
Gifted

arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!
arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!

View Post Originally Posted by arodfan727
and also, a lot of people on here are kids(like me).

posts saying that you should not celebrate post #s an such just put them down!

if you were a parent, would you want someone to say that to your kid?

(again agree with you)

same here. im not prejuidice (sp?)

but it can get out of hand.

we all need to respect each other, but we dont need to kill a dead horse

i read a post here that said that they've never seen anyone brag about posts/spinnys/rep so i dont think we should put people down for behaving......
arodfan727 is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #44

Alexis has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Meow Face
With all the new arguments/discussions here I think we need to get to the root of this thread. Meaningful helpful posts are wonderful and if you have 500 meaningful posts that is something to be proud of. 500 times you have helped someone, or had a question answered.

The part I think that those of us on this side of the fence are trying to stress is people who post something trivial on everything they see in an attempt to get stars and what not.

Being an active WI member is great! Please post and make new threads. But please don't post random things just to get stars.

bob nws you always make such great points! I think you should be proud of your post count as they are always great posts.

I don't care how long someone has been a member or how many stars they have, I care about how they act on the forum and why they are here.
I'm leaning in your direction. I'm going to edit the front page a tad..
Alexis is offline Female
Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #45
ebaday

Wonderful thread! I have to agree. I am happy when I get 1000 or what not but I don't go flouncing around yelling to the world. It really makes me mad when people go - Ok! I am going for rainbows today! Gotta stay on the DCT! I mean hello -- the DCT is for CHATTING - not for getting your posts. And posts are not everything! AS SAID! Thanks for the thread! Here is a "rep" that is not everything too....but it does make you feel warm and fuzzy! Hee hee!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #46
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Great thread, I just about agree with everything you said

Not long ago, I actually cared about how much posts I had but then I thought to myself: In a few years, (possibly months) nothing that I've achieved here will matter... I'll just end up leaving WI and going off to some other site, and I along with my accomplishments, will be forgotten...

So, I don't really care about posts, rep, giftz, ect... at all now, I'm just trying to enjoy my time on WI while it lasts...
Old 06-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #47
Banned
nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!nemo434 is the cats pajamas!

All this talk about post counts and how long a person has been a member started making me take notice of all that sort of stuff over under everybody's name and I couldn't help but notice that since you started this thread, Alexis, you've reached your 500th post and gotten your 3rd star! And even though it goes against the whole point of this thread, I'm going to say 'Congratulations!' on the milestone!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #48
~{Midnight.Train}~

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

That is so true! When I first joined this website, I made 10 posts so I could become a Webkinz and be able to PM my newly made friends. But ever since then, I've tried to be careful, only post when I need to, or if someone posted on my thread. (If it's on my own thread, obviously I feel obligated to join the conversation) I personally have never made a speech, not even when I got my 1000th post. I don't really know where you post them honestly, but anyway... You make a good point. I'm sure we all have some of the "fluff" posts every now and again, but we should all try to change that. And, another point, The Ten Letter Rule. It's there for a reason. Don't make a post that says: Thanks! *Ten letter rule*. If what you have to say can't take up ten small letters, then you don't need to post it.
Lolo12 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bob got tag!, theglambertrock