Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Posts aren't everything!! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/posts-arent-everything-519814/)

icecube73006-18-2009 08:26 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I've seen threads like this time to time, never really posted, but yurs caught my attention, and now I want to share my opinion.

[Note to those that don't really like me or future peopel that won't like me- I said my OPINION. Not FACT, not FACT I WILL BEAT YOU UP IF YOU DON'T AGREE, I said OPINION. MY VIEW.]

Sorry for spew xD

I think posts are important! It is fine to be proud of it and post a speech about it when you make a milestone. 250? 350? No. But 100, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, and so on are definitely marks that are speech worthy. It's something to be proud of. If you are a decent person, you can know that in a handful of these posts, you helped someone, or gave someone a different view, amybe even changed soemone's life and given them new hope. And hopefully, if you ever decide to quit WI one day, you will walk away knowing that *you* contributed soemthing, *you* helped someone. It's a good thing.

Alexis06-18-2009 08:28 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I edited the attention part..

coolawesomeAbby06-18-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I totally agree. I'm happy when I reach post milestones, but posts are just posts, and friends are not by posts, they're by their personalities.

Alexis06-18-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by icecube730 (Post 15021545)
I've seen threads like this time to time, never really posted, but yurs caught my attention, and now I want to share my opinion.

[Note to those that don't really like me or future peopel that won't like me- I said my OPINION. Not FACT, not FACT I WILL BEAT YOU UP IF YOU DON'T AGREE, I said OPINION. MY VIEW.]

Sorry for spew xD

I think posts are important! It is fine to be proud of it and post a speech about it when you make a milestone. 250? 350? No. But 100, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, and so on are definitely marks that are speech worthy. It's something to be proud of. If you are a decent person, you can know that in a handful of these posts, you helped someone, or gave someone a different view, amybe even changed soemone's life and given them new hope. And hopefully, if you ever decide to quit WI one day, you will walk away knowing that *you* contributed soemthing, *you* helped someone. It's a good thing.

I see what you mean, but instead of counting posts as a milestone, why not count how long you have been on WI? In my opinion, I think that would be a better milestone than posts..

bob nws III06-18-2009 08:41 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I know what you mean, but I have seen this argument before, and I have to disagree. I think we can all agree with you when you say that they aren't everything, but some of your other points are things I don't notice. I never see people bragging or getting attention on their speeches. Have you read these speeches? They are THANKING Justin and Wendy for making WI, thanking their friends for helping them in times of need, for helping them get as far as they have. I support the speeches, because without them, we would have little to celebrate. What is wrong with celebrating a hard-earned accomplishment? When you get a new spinny or rainbows, I don't see a problem with having a little party, as long as you behave yourself. Besides that, I have never, EVER, seen people bragging about their post count, or sending friend request to people with more post, or thinking they are better because they have more post. Honestly, I agree that post aren't the only thing that matter, but I don't see why they should be gone, because I have never seen bragging or anything of the like on WI:thumbup:

bob nws III06-18-2009 08:44 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexis (Post 15021645)
I see what you mean, but instead of counting posts as a milestone, why not count how long you have been on WI? In my opinion, I think that would be a better milestone than posts..


Well, first of all, WI hasn't been around for countless years...and second of all, it is what you do in that time that matters...

icecube73006-18-2009 08:45 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob nws III (Post 15021830)
I know what you mean, but I have seen this argument before, and I have to disagree. I think we can all agree with you when you say that they aren't everything, but some of your other points are things I don't notice. I never see people bragging or getting attention on their speeches. Have you read these speeches? They are THANKING Justin and Wendy for making WI, thanking their friends for helping them in times of need, for helping them get as far as they have. I support the speeches, because without them, we would have little to celebrate. What is wrong with celebrating a hard-earned accomplishment? When you get a new spinny or rainbows, I don't see a problem with having a little party, as long as you behave yourself. Besides that, I have never, EVER, seen people bragging about their post count, or sending friend request to people with more post, or thinking they are better because they have more post. Honestly, I agree that post aren't the only thing that matter, but I don't see why they should be gone, because I have never seen bragging or anything of the like on WI:thumbup:

I agree. they aren't rubbing in other people's faces that they got a spinny or whatever, they are sending special shoutouts to their friends to make them feel sepcial ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexis (Post 15021645)
I see what you mean, but instead of counting posts as a milestone, why not count how long you have been on WI? In my opinion, I think that would be a better milestone than posts..

I really don't want to know all the time I've spent on this site, it scares me.xD

Alexis06-18-2009 08:49 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob nws III (Post 15021892)
Well, first of all, WI hasn't been around for countless years...and second of all, it is what you do in that time that matters...

You could count months, or possibly weeks..^-^ I guess I am very observant...I do read those speeches, and you thank people..because of how many posts you have?! I think it would be better to thank them for getting as far as being on WI for however many months or a year..and, I think speeches are okay, but if they are on 150, etc, I don't think they are..

arodfan72706-18-2009 08:49 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
i agree with you, but, do we really need people to preach to us about equality?

ive seen other threads on this exact subject

dont get me wrong, you are 100% correct, i just dont think we need to dwell on i

PrincessToeshoe06-18-2009 08:50 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I post quite a bit and have
been a member for over a
year. But, I see people who
are new and have about 600
posts and I'm like-What The
Heck?! I don't even have that
many!
I like your thread a lot! Thanks for
posting it! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC