Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Posts aren't everything!! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/posts-arent-everything-519814/)

Alexis06-18-2009 06:26 PM

Posts aren't everything!!
 
I changed some of this post because some people had me change my mind :P

I made this thread to inform even the already informed that posts aren't everything.

In my almost month that I have been here, I noticed that many people just want posts, to get the shiny stars.

Please read the post below thoroughly..this is what I am trying to get to kind of..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow Face (Post 15022465)
With all the new arguments/discussions here I think we need to get to the root of this thread. Meaningful helpful posts are wonderful and if you have 500 meaningful posts that is something to be proud of. 500 times you have helped someone, or had a question answered.

The part I think that those of us on this side of the fence are trying to stress is people who post something trivial on everything they see in an attempt to get stars and what not.

Being an active WI member is great! Please post and make new threads. But please don't post random things just to get stars.

bob nws you always make such great points! I think you should be proud of your post count as they are always great posts. :)

I don't care how long someone has been a member or how many stars they have, I care about how they act on the forum and why they are here. :)

People are making post "speeches" when they reach even 100, 200, or 300...sometimes even 150, 250, or 350!! Speeches are great for when you have 1,000, 5,000, 10,000+ posts..but every 50 posts?!? If you have posts that you got from helping people, then you should be proud! Then make a speech!

The DCT is NOT for getting posts to get those awesome rainbows! It's for chatting, not staying on one subject.


I know I will celebrate my 1,000, 5,000, and 10,000+ posts with speeches. This is my opinion. I'm not making you do anything..If this puts you down, I'm sorry :(

So please, keep this in mind, Posts aren't everything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamb97 (Post 15019915)
i agree 100%
also, reps aren't everything either!
(:

;)

x-tiff06-18-2009 06:32 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Thanks for making this thread. I totally agree I don't really post alot because I don't feel like they are anything but I post a bit.

Meow Face06-18-2009 06:36 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Wow thank so much for this!!!!

It really irks me when people start bragging about how many posts they have! Are you posting just get to stars or because you have something meaningful to contribute! Too many people think popularity is how many stars you have....more posts does not make you a better member, being a helpful person on the site will do that.

Now this is not intended for people who have been here quite a while and will obviously have a lot of post counts.

When I see someone who has only been here a month or less and they have over 500 posts I have to wonder just what they are posting about...anything that needed to be said or just trying to be popular.

Thanks so much for bringing this up :)

Midnights Bliss06-18-2009 06:37 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I agree with you 100%.
I think it's unfair to list
how many posts each person have
because it could make other people
upset/or jealous. And could lead to
having "fake" friends in a sense. Like you said.
Good post. Reps given. :)

- Midnights Bliss

sammy57806-18-2009 06:47 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
thank you for pointing this out.
sure, i dont have very many friends yet.
bu then again, i just joined WI a couple days ago!
so i KNOW thanks to you that it has nothing to do with how many posts i have.
i am grateful for what i have, and will not want more than i can get.

thanks
sammy

bballmars06-18-2009 06:52 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
No, posts aren't everything and i don't really see many peole obsessed over them anyway. I post cause i love to talk about webkinz and i love to give my opinion. truth be told, it is fun to watch the numbers go up. Speeches are fine to me, because it's like, you have a "relationship" with WI for a long time, and it's fun to "celebrate" it because it's important to you.

Think of it as marrige. You are married cause you love your partner and everything. You go through everything together! You go through all life. Why is the 50 anniversary so important? Because it's celebrating the life and love the marrige brought about. Havning and anniversary isn't everything to marrige, but it's just part of it. You have to be married to have an anniversary, and you get an anniversary if you're married. Just like, you're going to have a lot of posts if you stay with WI for awhile.

newly married couples 'look up' to couples that have been married for a while, because it's really amazing and it's new for the newly married couple. Now, usually people who have had WI for a while, have more experience and more posts, so that would explain why newer members look up and want to be friends more witht he older members.

no, personality is more important, but post counts is just part of being a member.

MissSparkle06-18-2009 06:55 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I think speeches are okay; I always congratulate someone when they get a new star or rep box. It's pretty exciting.

Alexis06-18-2009 06:55 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I will be honest, I post on the DCT a lot, but not to get posts. I rarely look how many posts I have.

dreamb9706-18-2009 06:56 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
i agree 100%
also, reps aren't everything either!
(:

Alexis06-18-2009 06:58 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamb97 (Post 15019915)
i agree 100%
also, reps aren't everything either!
(:

You got that right!!

gripperluverxxoo06-18-2009 07:02 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
i agree.. (:

xoxoilyalyssa06-18-2009 07:06 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I agree. Its fun to see people get spinnys and rainbows. they earned them though. but i do see posts for unnessacary numbers. But what ive also seen is people posting random things on threads, probably trying to get post counts. lIke pizza is delicious. Great reminder :thumbup:
-Claire :]

Alexis06-18-2009 07:14 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bballmars (Post 15019831)
No, posts aren't everything and i don't really see many peole obsessed over them anyway. I post cause i love to talk about webkinz and i love to give my opinion. truth be told, it is fun to watch the numbers go up. Speeches are fine to me, because it's like, you have a "relationship" with WI for a long time, and it's fun to "celebrate" it because it's important to you.

Think of it as marrige. You are married cause you love your partner and everything. You go through everything together! You go through all life. Why is the 50 anniversary so important? Because it's celebrating the life and love the marrige brought about. Havning and anniversary isn't everything to marrige, but it's just part of it. You have to be married to have an anniversary, and you get an anniversary if you're married. Just like, you're going to have a lot of posts if you stay with WI for awhile.

newly married couples 'look up' to couples that have been married for a while, because it's really amazing and it's new for the newly married couple. Now, usually people who have had WI for a while, have more experience and more posts, so that would explain why newer members look up and want to be friends more witht he older members.

no, personality is more important, but post counts is just part of being a member.

I see your point, but instead of celebrating about posts, let's celebrate about how long you have been on this wonderful site. Even if you have been a member for longer, someone who has only been on for a month or two may know this site just as well as the other person.

Elephantboy4206-18-2009 07:15 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I agree, 90%...

100,200,300, etc. post number speeches are ridiculous, but maybe 1,000+ is okay. Those are pretty exciting numbers!

Alexis06-18-2009 07:20 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephantboy42 (Post 15020275)
I agree, 90%...

100,200,300, etc. post number speeches are ridiculous, but maybe 1,000+ is okay. Those are pretty exciting numbers!

Yeah, those can be excited, I guess...I didn't say that I disagree about speeches on those numbers..did I?

turtlegurl06-18-2009 07:37 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
No one tries to get stars for attention, its like an accomplishment to them. I dont really agree with this statement you are making. Only a few members get stars for attention. And i dont see a problem with people being proud of themselves. They have gotten that far!!! So, sorry but, i dont agree. :)

Alexis06-18-2009 07:42 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlegurl (Post 15020655)
No one tries to get stars for attention, its like an accomplishment to them. I dont really agree with this statement you are making. Only a few members get stars for attention. And i dont see a problem with people being proud of themselves. They have gotten that far!!! So, sorry but, i dont agree. :)

What I've seen, is that at first, people don't try to get stars for attention, but then they get attention, and who doesn't like attention? So, they try to get more.

eeveeluver06-18-2009 07:50 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
i totally agree ;) rep and 5 stars! :) this is an awesome thread :)

nemo43406-18-2009 08:21 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I agree that post counts aren't everything, but I disagree that anybody here just tries to raise their post count for attention. I also disagree that anybody here judges others on or are being judged by their post counts. I barely notice a person's post count and I couldn't even tell you the post counts of any of the people on my friends list. And I don't think post count speeches are any more like bragging than when people post threads about the latest Webkinz they adopted or the really good sale they found on Webkinz merchanise. They are just excited and pleased and want to share their excitement with others. :thumbup:

mickey2606-18-2009 08:23 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
i agree! thanks for spreading the truth!

icecube73006-18-2009 08:26 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I've seen threads like this time to time, never really posted, but yurs caught my attention, and now I want to share my opinion.

[Note to those that don't really like me or future peopel that won't like me- I said my OPINION. Not FACT, not FACT I WILL BEAT YOU UP IF YOU DON'T AGREE, I said OPINION. MY VIEW.]

Sorry for spew xD

I think posts are important! It is fine to be proud of it and post a speech about it when you make a milestone. 250? 350? No. But 100, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, and so on are definitely marks that are speech worthy. It's something to be proud of. If you are a decent person, you can know that in a handful of these posts, you helped someone, or gave someone a different view, amybe even changed soemone's life and given them new hope. And hopefully, if you ever decide to quit WI one day, you will walk away knowing that *you* contributed soemthing, *you* helped someone. It's a good thing.

Alexis06-18-2009 08:28 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I edited the attention part..

coolawesomeAbby06-18-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I totally agree. I'm happy when I reach post milestones, but posts are just posts, and friends are not by posts, they're by their personalities.

Alexis06-18-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by icecube730 (Post 15021545)
I've seen threads like this time to time, never really posted, but yurs caught my attention, and now I want to share my opinion.

[Note to those that don't really like me or future peopel that won't like me- I said my OPINION. Not FACT, not FACT I WILL BEAT YOU UP IF YOU DON'T AGREE, I said OPINION. MY VIEW.]

Sorry for spew xD

I think posts are important! It is fine to be proud of it and post a speech about it when you make a milestone. 250? 350? No. But 100, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, and so on are definitely marks that are speech worthy. It's something to be proud of. If you are a decent person, you can know that in a handful of these posts, you helped someone, or gave someone a different view, amybe even changed soemone's life and given them new hope. And hopefully, if you ever decide to quit WI one day, you will walk away knowing that *you* contributed soemthing, *you* helped someone. It's a good thing.

I see what you mean, but instead of counting posts as a milestone, why not count how long you have been on WI? In my opinion, I think that would be a better milestone than posts..

bob nws III06-18-2009 08:41 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I know what you mean, but I have seen this argument before, and I have to disagree. I think we can all agree with you when you say that they aren't everything, but some of your other points are things I don't notice. I never see people bragging or getting attention on their speeches. Have you read these speeches? They are THANKING Justin and Wendy for making WI, thanking their friends for helping them in times of need, for helping them get as far as they have. I support the speeches, because without them, we would have little to celebrate. What is wrong with celebrating a hard-earned accomplishment? When you get a new spinny or rainbows, I don't see a problem with having a little party, as long as you behave yourself. Besides that, I have never, EVER, seen people bragging about their post count, or sending friend request to people with more post, or thinking they are better because they have more post. Honestly, I agree that post aren't the only thing that matter, but I don't see why they should be gone, because I have never seen bragging or anything of the like on WI:thumbup:

bob nws III06-18-2009 08:44 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexis (Post 15021645)
I see what you mean, but instead of counting posts as a milestone, why not count how long you have been on WI? In my opinion, I think that would be a better milestone than posts..


Well, first of all, WI hasn't been around for countless years...and second of all, it is what you do in that time that matters...

icecube73006-18-2009 08:45 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob nws III (Post 15021830)
I know what you mean, but I have seen this argument before, and I have to disagree. I think we can all agree with you when you say that they aren't everything, but some of your other points are things I don't notice. I never see people bragging or getting attention on their speeches. Have you read these speeches? They are THANKING Justin and Wendy for making WI, thanking their friends for helping them in times of need, for helping them get as far as they have. I support the speeches, because without them, we would have little to celebrate. What is wrong with celebrating a hard-earned accomplishment? When you get a new spinny or rainbows, I don't see a problem with having a little party, as long as you behave yourself. Besides that, I have never, EVER, seen people bragging about their post count, or sending friend request to people with more post, or thinking they are better because they have more post. Honestly, I agree that post aren't the only thing that matter, but I don't see why they should be gone, because I have never seen bragging or anything of the like on WI:thumbup:

I agree. they aren't rubbing in other people's faces that they got a spinny or whatever, they are sending special shoutouts to their friends to make them feel sepcial ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexis (Post 15021645)
I see what you mean, but instead of counting posts as a milestone, why not count how long you have been on WI? In my opinion, I think that would be a better milestone than posts..

I really don't want to know all the time I've spent on this site, it scares me.xD

Alexis06-18-2009 08:49 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bob nws III (Post 15021892)
Well, first of all, WI hasn't been around for countless years...and second of all, it is what you do in that time that matters...

You could count months, or possibly weeks..^-^ I guess I am very observant...I do read those speeches, and you thank people..because of how many posts you have?! I think it would be better to thank them for getting as far as being on WI for however many months or a year..and, I think speeches are okay, but if they are on 150, etc, I don't think they are..

arodfan72706-18-2009 08:49 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
i agree with you, but, do we really need people to preach to us about equality?

ive seen other threads on this exact subject

dont get me wrong, you are 100% correct, i just dont think we need to dwell on i

PrincessToeshoe06-18-2009 08:50 PM

Re: Posts aren't everything!!
 
I post quite a bit and have
been a member for over a
year. But, I see people who
are new and have about 600
posts and I'm like-What The
Heck?! I don't even have that
many!
I like your thread a lot! Thanks for
posting it! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC