Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Posting as ANONYMOUS.

Thanks to Crazysince95 for finding this out!
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...nymous+posting
It is a feature on VBulletin!

Posting as ANONYMOUS.

I just thought a feature like this would be helpful and fun.

This is what a post by an anonymous person would look like:

Click the image to open in full size.

Some info:

-When you are making a post, there could be a box that you check to make it "anonymous".
-To post as "anonymous" you would have to be at least a "Webkinz"
-There would have to be a limit to how many times you can do it in 24 hours. (maybe 5 posts) We wouldn't want the Forum overrun with "anonymous" posters
-If you would NEED to go over the limit (of 5 posts) you would have to pay with your WI Bucks (maybe $1,000 per each extra post)
-Other members would NOT know who you are, ONLY Staff Members would.
-Others would still be able to give you WI Bucks or Rep. (if you/someone gives your WI Bucks, it'll come up as "anonymous" in the transaction log. If you give rep, it'll come up as "anonymous" for the giver)
-You would be able to FLAG their post. (the Staff Members will know who they are)
-You would not be able to send them PMs, view their profile, or post Visitor Messages.

Well, those are some things that I thought of.

But why would "anonymous" posters be a good idea in the first place?

1. Your post/thread would NOT be judged on your rep, posts, status, ect... because NONE of that stuff would be shown.
2. Gives you more privacy. Maybe you need to vent or ask for advice and not want people to know who you are- like on advice columns in newspapers/magazines.
3. It could be like a when an author uses a "Pen Name" so others don't know who actually wrote the story.
4. Maybe you're having problems with a friend in real-life and you're asking for some "Friend Help" and they go on WI, too and saw your thread. They wouldn't know that was you.

Well, I know that this isn't really well thought-out. It's just an idea that came to my head the other day... Just wondering what you guys thought and if you see any faults in it?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by dotdotduck; 09-19-2009 at 09:21 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: Posting as ANONYMOUS.

That's a cool idea

Plus, the Staff could still see their IP and their username in case it got out of hand.

Let's hope it works with vB and is added soon!

EDIT:
Zoints Anonymous Posting - Improved privacy for members - vBulletin.org Forum
Is this something like you were talking about?
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 09-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
webkinz_forever

I love this idea This is perfect! I'd love to use this Rep!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

Cool idea, but it may cause some problems (they could probably be worked out ). REP for you!
I would have never come up with something like that.

Kay:el1:
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

thats a good idea. I think it will make a very useful addition to WI!
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
Banned
chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!

WOW!! that is a great idea!
chipmunk2 is offline Male
Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by crazysince95
That's a cool idea

Plus, the Staff could still see their IP and their username in case it got out of hand.

Let's hope it works with vB and is added soon!

EDIT:
Zoints Anonymous Posting - Improved privacy for members - vBulletin.org Forum
Is this something like you were talking about?
Thanks, Nick!

WOW, that's almost EXACTLY what I was talking about!
'cept you wouldn't have a post count or join date because take that and add the way/style/how you post could lead someone to finding out that was you.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

It sounds like a great idea! It might cause some problems, but I think if the staff members could see the name then it could work!
Ivie is offline Female
Old 09-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
I love this idea This is perfect! I'd love to use this Rep!
Thanks, Ariana!
Happy you like it!

View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
Cool idea, but it may cause some problems (they could probably be worked out ). REP for you!
I would have never come up with something like that.

Kay:el1:
Yeah, I agree, there could be people that decide to misuse it. (like for Spam)
but that happens on the regular forum, too, and usually when someone tells that person to stop, they stop.
Thanks!

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
thats a good idea. I think it will make a very useful addition to WI!
Thanks, Mickey! Glad you agree!

View Post Originally Posted by chipmunk2
WOW!! that is a great idea!
Thanks, Chipmunk!
I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if I made the EXACT same thread- one as me and the other as Anonymous. I wonder which one would get more views/posts and what kind of responses.

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
It sounds like a great idea! It might cause some problems, but I think if the staff members could see the name then it could work!
Thanks, Ivie!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #10
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

I like this idea, so others wouldn't judge who you are. But, that's like me going in with a mask in a store, even after I tried stealing from the store. What if someone was banned and wanted to still post, and the way to go through this would be anonymous? It would be hard for the staff to control this. What if someone's username was anonymous already?
badena2 is offline Female
Closed