Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Default Re: Post some detail in your posts

View Post Originally Posted by telogiatrisha
I have to admit that I enjoy the details that people include in their post, and I'm trying to add as many words in my response as possible.

It seems to me that our world in becoming more and more interested in the bottom line than in the details. That may explain why so many of us use as few words as possible.

Is it my sense of humor or did I notice that many of the response to your post were answered with very few details....? lol
View Post Originally Posted by puppiesrock465
Great reminder! Details add so much to your post. So does humor.

If they are just long, 'boring' articles of how 'terrible' Webkinz is, you can honestly expect a few people to get bored and : a.) Not read the whole post

or

b.) Read it all, and then go to a more inviting thread.

Of course, no one should get repititive, that also makes it slightly boring.

Great thread!

~puppies
Thanks everyone! And I agree with your suggestions, too, puppiesrock465.

Both of your posts were very descriptive and informative, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #12
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Thanks for the great reminder

Of course, some people just get Writer's block, and don't what else to say, while others are in a hurry.

Sometimes it is a lot more fun, and easier to read if people post descriptivly[word?].

Also, try to use proper grammar. Even stuff like 'you' instead of 'u' helps. I have to read senteces multiple times to understand them because it is run-on. I got a new webkinz today her name is ella I got a new exclusive when I adopted her to her room is big has lots of stuff in it already. Is an example.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
candiebliss
Gifted

Candi_Bliss is a glorious beacon of lightCandi_Bliss is a glorious beacon of lightCandi_Bliss is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for the suggestion.

I enjoy posts with more detail into them, it makes things more fun to read and it will strike up great conversations as well. It is also important to give details whenever you have a question to ask or a point to make. Rep for you! (:
Candi_Bliss is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #14
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by BackFlip15
I agree!

Details are good. People want to know about your webkinz, or else they wouldn't have clicked on your thread. Plus it gives everyone more to talk to you about. Like if I saw that, i'd probably start asking questions. Ones you could have put in their anyway. But if you do add detail, I could say, WOW! How cool! What else is in her room? You know?

Great Thread!

-Flip-a-dee-doo-dah!
Yes, sometimes when I look at the "Look what I got!" section of the General Disscusion / Chat forum, I often ask questions to know more about the Webkinz. I personally enjoy knowing about their new addition to their Webkinz family.

View Post Originally Posted by lilhorselover
Thanks for the great reminder

Of course, some people just get Writer's block, and don't what else to say, while others are in a hurry.

Sometimes it is a lot more fun, and easier to read if people post descriptivly[word?].

Also, try to use proper grammar. Even stuff like 'you' instead of 'u' helps. I have to read senteces multiple times to understand them because it is run-on. I got a new webkinz today her name is ella I got a new exclusive when I adopted her to her room is big has lots of stuff in it already. Is an example.
I agree with the proper grammar too. It's sometimes hard to understand if it's all in text speak, but just one or two simple ones are good; as long as most people understand it.
Puncuation is good, too.

View Post Originally Posted by Candi_Bliss
Thank you for the suggestion.

I enjoy posts with more detail into them, it makes things more fun to read and it will strike up great conversations as well. It is also important to give details whenever you have a question to ask or a point to make. Rep for you! (:
Yep, just like when we write in school and in books. They have adjectives and proper grammer, puncuation etc. and it makes the reader want to read more because they are interested in the book.

Thank you everyone for posting, I apreciate your kind thoughts.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #15
Nick loves me AND my
nick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of lightnick*is*so*cute is a glorious beacon of light

Great idea! That's why I usually post new pets' rooms if I make a thread about them
nick*is*so*cute is offline Female
Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #16
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by nick*is*so*cute
Great idea! That's why I usually post new pets' rooms if I make a thread about them
Thanks for posting! People will love reading your thread!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
Baby remmber my name
Webkinz :)

Peanut97 is a splendid one to beholdPeanut97 is a splendid one to beholdPeanut97 is a splendid one to beholdPeanut97 is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

Good idea GoldenPuppy! That would make threads very intersting and would want people to read more! Well it would sure make me want to read! Nice idea!

~Penut97
Peanut97 is offline Female
Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #18
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Peanut97
Good idea GoldenPuppy! That would make threads very intersting and would want people to read more! Well it would sure make me want to read! Nice idea!

~Penut97
Thanks a bunches! I exactly know what you meant there.
Closed

Tags
adjectives