Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Lightbulb Post some detail in your posts

Hiya everyone!

Just a little *optional* reminder. Posting a bit more info in your posts.

For example, say if you got something new. Perhaps a new Webkinz. Instead of saying "I got a new Webkinz! It's the Cotton Candy Bunny!", you could post something like "I just got a new Webkinz today at the mall! Her name is HopScotch. She has a room on Webkinz World that is all about her, including the Easter Wardrobe! I'm so happy that I got her because I wanted one for such a long time!" And you could make as many adjectives as you like. You might end up making a story about her!

This is optional, but I'd love to see more details.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Post some detail in your posts

View Post Originally Posted by GoldenPuppy
Hiya everyone!

Just a little *optional* reminder. Posting a bit more info in your posts.

For example, say if you got something new. Perhaps a new Webkinz. Instead of saying "I got a new Webkinz! It's the Cotton Candy Bunny!", you could post something like "I just got a new Webkinz today at the mall! Her name is HopScotch. She has a room on Webkinz World that is all about her, including the Easter Wardrobe! I'm so happy that I got her because I wanted one for such a long time!" And you could make as many adjectives as you like. You might end up making a story about her!

This is optional, but I'd love to see more details.
Your right! For example let's say someone is asking how to take a screenshot: "How do I take a screenshot?"
Instead of saying that you can say: "I was wondering how to take a screenshot,since I want to open a house thread!"
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Still a

emz360 is a glorious beacon of lightemz360 is a glorious beacon of lightemz360 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree! It helps to put detail in your post. It makes a post more interesting to read!
emz360 is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
Your right! For example let's say someone is asking how to take a screenshot: "How do I take a screenshot?"
Instead of saying that you can say: "I was wondering how to take a screenshot,since I want to open a house thread!"
Thank you; it could make the person who is answering it understand better.

View Post Originally Posted by emz360
I agree! It helps to put detail in your post. It makes a post more interesting to read!
Thanks; I agree with that too!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
<3

pixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud of

Exactly! I agree!
pixelgirl242 is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

I agree goldy. You should try, atleast. If your in a hurry, It's OK to do a short post though.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by pixelgirl242
Exactly! I agree!
View Post Originally Posted by hpharrypotterhp
I agree goldy. You should try, atleast. If your in a hurry, It's OK to do a short post though.
Thank you. Sometimes I get in a hurry and post as much as I can until my parents make a second call.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #8

telogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of light

I have to admit that I enjoy the details that people include in their post, and I'm trying to add as many words in my response as possible.

It seems to me that our world in becoming more and more interested in the bottom line than in the details. That may explain why so many of us use as few words as possible.

Is it my sense of humor or did I notice that many of the response to your post were answered with very few details....? lol
Old 03-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

Great reminder! Details add so much to your post. So does humor.

If they are just long, 'boring' articles of how 'terrible' Webkinz is, you can honestly expect a few people to get bored and : a.) Not read the whole post

or

b.) Read it all, and then go to a more inviting thread.

Of course, no one should get repititive, that also makes it slightly boring.

Great thread!

~puppies
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #10
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree!

Details are good. People want to know about your webkinz, or else they wouldn't have clicked on your thread. Plus it gives everyone more to talk to you about. Like if I saw that, i'd probably start asking questions. Ones you could have put in their anyway. But if you do add detail, I could say, WOW! How cool! What else is in her room? You know?

Great Thread!

-Flip-a-dee-doo-dah!
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
adjectives