Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Possibility...

Hi there,

I was recently inspired by this thread: WI Time Savers - Page 2 to start a way via PM for members to know when things other than rares would show up. (ex PJ, Doug, etc) Here is my idea:

Have a large group of volunteers who would PM members who sign up the activities going on for that hour; ex PJ, where Doug is, etc. Each volunteer would have a time slot and small number of members to PM.
If you log on at 4:57, and Doug is in his last zone of the day, you may not have the time to search through the thread to find out where he is. If you received a PM saying where he was, it would be a big time saver.

I know many members who would LOVE to help with this. And, I would like to ask the WI staff permission to start something like this. I know it would be possible
CanesFan is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: Possibility...

I'm not sure how that would save time? aren't the volunteers better used when they are volunteering info on the different tracking threads, where their work is available to all?

I know that when I log on WI at 4:57, it's the fastest thing in the world to find Doug's whereabouts, just click on "last page" of that thread. The table is updated and among the last posts. No need to search through the thread, the info is at the very end. I rrarely have to go to the second-from-last page, it's usually right there on the last page.

And both PJ and Arte's Curio Shop are at the top of each forum page. PJ's info, as soon as a member spots Pj's sale of a rare clothing, and posts it, and flags it, it gets updated at the top. You can see that info at a glance, faster than opening up your PM's.

It's a very kind thought, but I'm not sure that any time would be saved, and it would divert the trackers from posting for everyone's benefit.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 05-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
I'm not sure how that would save time? aren't the volunteers better used when they are volunteering info on the different tracking threads, where their work is available to all?

I know that when I log on WI at 4:57, it's the fastest thing in the world to find Doug's whereabouts, just click on "last page" of that thread. The table is updated and among the last posts. No need to search through the thread, the info is at the very end. I rrarely have to go to the second-from-last page, it's usually right there on the last page.

And both PJ and Arte's Curio Shop are at the top of each forum page. PJ's info, as soon as a member spots Pj's sale of a rare clothing, and posts it, and flags it, it gets updated at the top. You can see that info at a glance, faster than opening up your PM's.

It's a very kind thought, but I'm not sure that any time would be saved, and it would divert the trackers from posting for everyone's benefit.
The way it would save time would be because it is all in one spot. There are many tracking threads, which could take time to check them all. Clicking simply on "last page" doesn't always help; the post you are looking for could be on the 2nd to last, or far down the page. The trackers would still post on the tracking thread, however, the volunteers would also PM the members who wanted to receive the PM. I know PJ is already there, but there are many other things to be tracked
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 05-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #4
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way

Thanks so much for responding
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
The way it would save time would be because it is all in one spot. There are many tracking threads, which could take time to check them all. Clicking simply on "last page" doesn't always help; the post you are looking for could be on the 2nd to last, or far down the page. The trackers would still post on the tracking thread, however, the volunteers would also PM the members who wanted to receive the PM. I know PJ is already there, but there are many other things to be tracked
I forgot to add about PJ: I know the staff here is quick to update, but, lets say you are headed out at 5:02, and a member spots a sale. Wouldn't it be quicker to have the member PM everyone instead of taking time to post it, flag it, and then have an admin update it? Also, if you are out, you won't have to worry about missing it, because you can tell when you receive a PM
CanesFan is offline Male
Closed