Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #21
WHONK™!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Popups on WI are giving my computer viruses!

I thought burstnet was one of the Ad Companies that places ads on WI?

At least thats the site I thought I saw when I set up Ad Block plus to block all the banner ads for me on WI
vince730 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #22
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by vince730
I thought burstnet was one of the Ad Companies that places ads on WI?

At least thats the site I thought I saw when I set up Ad Block plus to block all the banner ads for me on WI
I think Justin said the only ads on here are from Tribalfusion. Are the two somehow related, or owned by the same company?
Sorry, the only pop up we used to have were tribalfusion, but I don't think the same applies to ads.

Add/Edit: I just saw something at the bottom of my browser saying "waiting for burstnet."

---------- -Lilypad added 31 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

Yes, getting the connecting to Burstnet quite often. Since your computer, texassmiley, has been threatened by them, I question whether or not we all are not being attacked. It's related to WI, from what I can tell.

Last edited by -Lilypad; 07-06-2008 at 10:03 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #23
WHONK™!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
I think Justin said the only ads on here are from Tribalfusion. Are the two somehow related, or owned by the same company?
Sorry, the only pop up we used to have were tribalfusion, but I don't think the same applies to ads.

Add/Edit: I just saw something at the bottom of my browser saying "waiting for burstnet."

---------- -Lilypad added 31 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

Yes, getting the connecting to Burstnet quite often. Since your computer, texassmiley, has been threatened by them, I question whether or not we all are not being attacked. It's related to WI, from what I can tell.

Not from WI....but Rather from the Company WI uses to provide Ads.

Now that you mention it, Latley, My Windows OneCare Security System is telling me my status is fair.

Everything seems to work fine with me when I'm on Firefox, since Ad Block Plus gets rid of All of the Ads on WI

---------- vince730 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

Maybe Justin needs to look into this?

Last edited by vince730; 07-07-2008 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
vince730 is offline Male
Old 07-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #24
Gift Guru

Skydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to all

Thanks for removing them, i did hate them!

BTW texasmiley, i LOVE ur siggy!
Skydreamer is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #25
juliaandella
Gifted

juliaandella is a name known to alljuliaandella is a name known to alljuliaandella is a name known to all

Yes, I get "waiting for burstnet" messages here at WI too (when the site is loading).
juliaandella is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 06:43 AM   #26
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Okay, I am not sure if this is related, but since we are on the topic of the possibility that WI maybe linked to a an unsafe service provider... I spent the better part of last night removing a Trojan off of my computer. Vundo. what it does is pops these advertisements at inapprproriate times and tries to download info onto my computer, slows things down and tries to get you to download this program that gets rid of viruses. My AVAST caught it and blocked the connection, BUT I had to remove both Adaware 2007 and Avast in order for Windows live One Care to get rid of it. It was one of those really sneaky ones that pops in and out and getting rid of it was going to be too hard for Avast. It kept popping in and popping up.
ANYWAY, the point here is this, I don't think I got it from Webkinz Insider. I clicked on a link in another persons post. She was hollering HEY LOOK AT WHAT I GOT and silly me, because she was new she had a different type of link...the darn thing dowloaded something and be HANGED if I couldn't find it...sneaky little beggar...so I reported that post... a few minutes later, she writes ANOTHER post almost identical to the first one with the same link. This time I don't click. BUT ever since that person has been on Webkinz Insider I have had to wrestle with this sneaky underhanded Virus... I don't think it is Webkinz insider.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #27
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

That happened to my friend and her mom made her quit WebkinzInsider.=[
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #28
lizzthefizz48
Gifted

webkinzluver48 is on a distinguished road

I always used to get a popup on the home page of wi that said what was she thinking? Click here to get a free celebrity tool bar, and it had a picture of Miley Cyrus, but latley I havn't been getting it. That is wierd how you are still getting popups though.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:36 PM   #29
littlepugs5359
Webkinz :)

littlepugs5359 is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't had any popups from WI(Knock on Wood). Sorry to hear you're having problems!
littlepugs5359 is offline Male
Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #30
Elb
Micheal Jackson love
Webkinz :)

Elb is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have this problem.
Elb is offline Female
Closed