Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #101
Gift Guru

Freya is a creator of wonder
Freya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonder

Default Re: Popups?

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Yes, the adblock will cause the ads not to load, so we won't get credit for the visit. Ooohh... another iPhone user... I've been working (slowly, admittedly) on an iPhone-native format for the forum...
Seriously?! Wow my iphone is like my right hand - I never leave home without it! Super cool news here!
Freya is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #102
wordtome
Gift Guru

SqueezeBoxx will become famous soon enough

The best thing that has come of this is that I've updated and scanned all my computers for adware/spyware. Sometimes I need a remeinder to do that. This was that reminder.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #103
Lava Huntin'
Gifted

crm1116 is on a distinguished road

yeah, same with me, i get 2 pop ups whenever i come on this site, not the forum, but the site.....lol, pop ups are very annoying.......
crm1116 is offline Male
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #104

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

I know pop-ups and ads are no ones favorite thing to get, I myself don't enjoy them all that much.

People have been saying for awhile now that "Pop-ups = spyware" - However, I have yet to recieve any spyware in any form from these popups, or popups else where.

Spyware and virus' are hard to track where you got it from, the best defense is to be pro-active in preventing them by installing a good anti-virus/anti-spyware combo.

I would highly recommend AVG anti-virus and AVG anti-spyware found here.

NOTE: please ask your parents or the owner of the computer before downloading ANY program anywhere!

Never go to any suspicious sites or download any program without asking someone who knows about computers first. - and if you do download a program be sure to scan it for virus' and spyware before running it!!

To manage the price of running a 'free' website most have to look at adding ads and popups at some point.

In defense of WI; I think this is the best placement and most manageable area for ads I've ever seen. They don't bother me at all here.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #105
ashhailey
Gifted

duffmontana will become famous soon enough

No your not the only one i keep on getting yelled at because of it so i cant go on to this site that much.. we have our popup blocker on and we still get popups..
duffmontana is offline Female
Old 02-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #106
K94KC
Gifted

K94KC is a splendid one to beholdK94KC is a splendid one to beholdK94KC is a splendid one to beholdK94KC is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation Re: Popups?

With the dual servers, and additional peripherals, it costs about $1200 per month to run WI... Which is always increasing, due to our popularity!!
$1200 per month - Yikes! I don't think any of us realized how much this forum costs to maintain!

Yes, the adblock will cause the ads not to load, so we won't get credit for the visit. Ooohh... another iPhone user... I've been working (slowly, admittedly) on an iPhone-native format for the forum...
I have the add on Firefox pop up blocker - I'll disable it and deal with the pop ups if it helps pay for WI! If we click on any of the ads (like Make-a-wish, etc at the top) does WI get more money or is it just having the ad visible that brings in the revenue?

Thanks for such an incredible site!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #107
Gift Guru

hsid is on a distinguished road

yup meeee toooo!! they're soooo annoying!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #108
Banned
Cheeky Aaron will become famous soon enough

Yes I get them
Old 02-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #109
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by K94KC
$1200 per month - Yikes! I don't think any of us realized how much this forum costs to maintain!

I have the add on Firefox pop up blocker - I'll disable it and deal with the pop ups if it helps pay for WI! If we click on any of the ads (like Make-a-wish, etc at the top) does WI get more money or is it just having the ad visible that brings in the revenue?

Thanks for such an incredible site!

OHH good question. I will click on some of the ads if it will make some money. Please let us know so we can at least get our "click fix" somewhere. lol
millieroo is offline Female
Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #110
K94KC
Gifted

K94KC is a splendid one to beholdK94KC is a splendid one to beholdK94KC is a splendid one to beholdK94KC is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation Re: Pop Ups on WI (help! anyone!)

Everyone please stop a take a deep breath. If you will just read Justin's comments on this thread, you will hopefully be assured about what is going on. Take the time to read all of his posts in the thread.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...t207410p2.html

If you read Justin's comments, you will have learned that:
They are pop unders and do NOT cause spyware or viruses.
You should only get 2 every 12-16 hours.
They are only on the WI home page, not on the forum.
Justin has disabled the undesirable content messages. The remaining ones are quality.
Finally, it costs about $1200 a month to keep WI running. The ads and the donations pay for this. If you don't like the ads, then why don't you consider making a donation (or ask your parents).

I use WI more than WW, so I'm appreciate Justin's efforts in keeping this site free, but at the same time safe.
Closed