Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
Banned
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay
chatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replaychatterbox4eva39 is stuck on replay

Default Re: Pop-ups, sutuble for age

justin said they got rid of the pop ups and if you still get them, they are coming from another site. I have an ad blocker, so all of them are blocked.

Along with the ads on the wheel of wow and things like that in WW, lol.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
Webkinz :)
xKittyKinz13x is a jewel in the roughxKittyKinz13x is a jewel in the rough

some of them are weird, but i just ignore them.
--amanda--
xKittyKinz13x is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #13
[xo]starburst

Justin does not have control, but if one is Really inappropriate, he can block the URL.

I don't think Weight Watchers is bad at all... I think after people loose weight they feel great... You may obnly think about your self loosing weight... not saying I am, but think about the Bigger Kids on here... Don't you think they want to be smaller?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
Yeah, I have a
4everisnever has a spectacular aura about4everisnever has a spectacular aura about

i have a pop up blocker too! haha
4everisnever is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #15
^Look Up^
Gift Guru

meowzer26 will become famous soon enough

I agree with you! Although I have pop up blocker, I still get Sylavin pop ups and weight watchers and others like that.
meowzer26 is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #16
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

[quote=puppylove ♥;8882640]justin said they got rid of the pop ups and if you still get them, they are coming from another site. I have an ad blocker, so all of them are blocked.

I never get pop-ups....I was refering to the ads that sometimes appear on the outer borders of the actual forum....like, in the margins, for lack of a better description.

Are they pop-ups?

(ah--so confused! )

luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Try installing a pop-up blocker/ad blocker if you don't want to view those things, or just ignore it completely. People of all ages play on the site, and it's very hard to appeal to many age-groups at once.
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #18
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
I never get pop-ups....I was refering to the ads that sometimes appear on the outer borders of the actual forum....like, in the margins, for lack of a better description.

Are they pop-ups?

(ah--so confused! )

No, pop ups are ads that open up a separate window in your browser. I think the other ones are just called "ads" but I think the ones on the top are called "Banner Ads." I am not 100% sure on the names of those, but I am for certain about the pop ups.

---------- -Lilypad added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

Okay, I thought of another thing. We have ads on the site to bring in money. I don't think Justin puts them up in hopes you become mormon, or join Weight Watchers, etc.

Last edited by -Lilypad; 07-10-2008 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #19

soaper75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything that keeps this site up and running.....is fine with me! I have a pop-up blocker. I have also used the ads on the sides and found some really good people to deal with. Justin should have control over the ads, since it's his site, but, I also trust his judgement, and don't think he would ever allow anything unsuitable. The more ads he has, the less out of his pocket to allow us to do what we do here.

By-the-way......if you visit the sites from the ads, it's always a good thing to mention where you saw the ad. It lets the advertisers know that the ad is working! Which means it's a good thing to continue giving Justin their money to advertise here.

As far as "pop-ups" I NEVER go to those sites! They annoy me, which is why I use a blocker.

Have a great day!
soaper75 is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #20
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
No, pop ups are ads that open up a separate window in your browser. I think the other ones are just called "ads" but I think the ones on the top are called "Banner Ads." I am not 100% sure on the names of those, but I am for certain about the pop ups. Thanks, Lilypad--that makes sense; I get it now!

---------- -Lilypad added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

Okay, I thought of another thing. We have ads on the site to bring in money. I don't think Justin puts them up in hopes you become mormon, or join Weight Watchers, etc.

I have a hunch you're absolutely right about that, Lilypad!
luvwebbies is offline Female
Closed