Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #21
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: For Polls: DON'T click on the posters option. Read Inside~

Gee, Lilyrose, I would have thought you would understand the point behind the 'skew-control.' This is the way that the author keeps control of the thread without their influence or bias. If they say outright that they don't like Green beans and people do like green beans but are reluctant to say so because the author has voiced their opinion already, they may not vote 'TRUE.'
HOWEVER, this 'Skew control' gives the Author a presentation without BIAS and that way she can also view the outcome of the poll at any point in time instead of having to wait until the middle of the poll to cast her own vote.
I agree with the Author of this thread DON'T click that button if your name is not on it! (I know, it is the title, not the content) There are options, if your option is not presented, tell the author, but don't press the Skew control. It is STILL the author's thread!

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-28-2009 at 05:43 PM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Gee, Lilyrose, I would have thought you would understand the point behind the 'skew-control.' This is the way that the author keeps control of the thread without their influence or bias. If they say outright that they don't like Green beans and people do like green beans but are reluctant to say so because the author has voiced their opinion already, they may not vote 'TRUE.'
HOWEVER, this 'Skew control' gives the Author a presentation without BIAS and that way she can also view the outcome of the poll at any point in time instead of having to wait until the middle of the poll to cast her own vote.
I agree with the Author of this thread DON'T click that button if your name is not on it! (I know, it is the title, not the content) There are options, if your option is not presented, tell the author, but don't press the Skew control. It is STILL the author's thread!
Hehe, .....
I don't even know what you are talking about. The thread owner can just not vote, I thought? LOL, I just never understand those because when you tell someone not to do something, they want to do it more.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #23
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
Hehe, .....
I don't even know what you are talking about. The thread owner can just not vote, I thought? LOL, I just never understand those because when you tell someone not to do something, they want to do it more.
If the author doesn't vote, they can't see the results which is the whole point of putting the option for them to vote on. They don't want to influence the vote, as Dixiecup said.
People really should not vote on those ones, no matter how much they want to, there is a point to them, and the point is ruined when someone does that.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #24
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

Sorry-I just have to disagree here.
What if that person wants an other button? I agree, they shouldn't click it.
But why make something that says, "Don't you dare click here! Me only!"
Just make an, other/username option. It just tempts other people,
"Click the button! You know you want to!"
Get it? So although I don't agree, I don't TOTALLY disagree
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #25
Chelseax3
Banned
Tinkerbella is just really niceTinkerbella is just really nice

usually that doesn't happen but sometimes people don't know and they want to know what others are saying and i think they are actually being considerate. This is because, would you rather having someone messing up your results to see what is winning,, or picking the button "just for ______" think about it, you can just pretend those votes aren't there and just don't count them
Tinkerbella is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #26
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
If the author doesn't vote, they can't see the results which is the whole point of putting the option for them to vote on. They don't want to influence the vote, as Dixiecup said.
People really should not vote on those ones, no matter how much they want to, there is a point to them, and the point is ruined when someone does that.
Now I understand. That is what I didn't get. Thanks for clearing that up.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #27
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

I have a poll and 6 people voted for my thing!
Amymt is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #28
Flablo
Gifted

Flablo will become famous soon enough

I dissagree.

there Is no rule that you can't click on option - even If its like "Just for *Name here*" people can still click It. theres no way to prevent this. :3 It makes people feel excluded and It Isn't fair to everyone.

Edit:

Make a poll short and sweet :]

Don't have extra options like "IDK" or something; If someone really wants to answer they'll state there opinion! It doesn't matter what others think.

Last edited by Flablo; 01-28-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #29
Don't mess with us
Webkinz :)

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Jordan~
I find it EXTREMELY rude when members post a poll and they add an option just for them and other people click it. Its ok if you are doing this by accident, but post if you did it on accident. That option is for that person ONLY and they ask nicely to please not click it and people still do. This is very frustrating, and I think people should STOP! When i post a poll, my option says: For Jordan~ Only Please. WWJD? Not click this And i still have people clicking it. There is a reason for this, The poll-maker, so to speak, is asking a question and needs an answer or cant decide. what are they supposed to pick if they dont know the answer? Exactly, their button.So please do not click others button. Its rude and disrespectful, and if you cant answer it, dont click anything. Thank you. (BTW, WWJD=What Would Jesus Do)
I agree. I've had that happen before.
People need to resist the temptation.

---------- oon23 added 4 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Flablo
I dissagree.

there Is no rule that you can't click on option - even If its like "Just for *Name here*" people can still click It. theres no way to prevent this. :3 It makes people feel excluded and It Isn't fair to everyone.
How is that not fair? It's for the owner to see the results. They want to know what people think. How is that not fair?

Last edited by oon23; 01-28-2009 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
oon23 is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #30
Flablo
Gifted

Flablo will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by oon23
How is that not fair? It's for the owner to see the results. They want to know what people think. How is that not fair?

Then perhaps they should vote themselves. the others can't see the answers until you vote unless you put on the "See results" option. You don't have to post what you voted, so It Isn't an influence.
Closed