Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
hat Remains.

MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Arrow Political Advertising

Question...question:

Now that the elections are over, can we at least discuss this issue? Or no :nope?

Thanks.
MysticMist is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
fashionista♥
Webkinz :)

stripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledgestripesanddots flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Political Advertising

I hope we can!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

I hope we can.
Maybe it will be allowed if we aren't discussing negative things, such as "I hate Obama!"
Maybe we could say things such as, "Obama wasn't my first choice."
I would love to talk about this with friends at WI.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
kristysmith
Gift Guru

rethreads is a splendid one to beholdrethreads is a splendid one to beholdrethreads is a splendid one to beholdrethreads is a splendid one to behold

Politics are really not a good topic for discussion in a forum such as this... most who are up to discussing politics are very passionate about their views and this is why it leads to arguments. I am normally all about debating and discussing but the majority audience for this forum is assumable to be children... it just seems inappropriate to me. Sorry, but I had to put my 2 cents in lol
rethreads is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #5

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Obviously, I can't speak for the Staff here.
But The political no-no hasn't been in effect for *just* the U.S election races. It's been around for awhile... I don't think things are going to change now that the races are over. ...

Personally, I think it is nice to be able to discuss things outside of these issues. Besides the fact that it hurts a lot of feelings, and things are bound to get heated when these topics come up... Let's face the fact that it's not just the united states on here. And While I know quite a few of us Canadians were watching it.... It's not just one nation on here, it's quite a few of us! and we all have different opinions.

Why bring something so heated to a site suppose to be family friendly?
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Yeah gee whiz if the Estore incites the riots that it does....just think!!
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Even though the election is in the past now, discussing politics on here can still lead to arguments. So no, political talk is still not allowed. Not before an election, not after. Never.
Livi is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

No, i'm pretty certain that you're not allowed to .
Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

Nope, no politics. Never ends pretty, sorry.
smitchell is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #10
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

You are all correct. Political discussion is not allowed here on WI, and has never been. You were just more aware of it because of the elections, but it comes down to core values and passion and is really a place that we don't wanna go (or moderate!) because it can get VERY heated!
Justin is offline Male
Closed