Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Gifted

MegMeg is a creator of wonder
MegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonder

Lightbulb PM Suggestion

I think that it would be helpful to include our signature at the bottom of PM's because there is empty space at the end of a PM and because for example:

I am PM'ing a customer at an Avatar and Signature Shop and they'd like a quick link to my shop, why not just click the link I might have in my signature?

I am PM'ing someone I am trading with in the GE (Gift Exchange) and they might need a quick link back to my shop because it might be on page 5 of the "M" section.

I might be asked by someone if they could have a link to the new book in an RP if they haven't been on in a while.

I might be welcoming a new member and want them to have a quick link to the FAQ or Rules section without having to describe to them where it is on the blue bars above the forum.

There are many reasons that people might find a signature included in a PM an easier way to get where they need to be when they are in a rush

Thanks for reading,

MegMeg
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Default Re: PM Suggestion

I fully agree. PMing abilities are limited. I would like it more if the PM box was exactly like the forum. So you could see the info of who you were PMing too! Great idea!
Galfam is offline Male
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Gifted

MegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonder

View Post Originally Posted by galfam
I fully agree. PMing abilities are limited. I would like it more if the PM box was exactly like the forum. So you could see the info of who you were PMing too! Great idea!
Exactly Because i have had many people ask for a link to a club or something similar and you have to go open a new tab/window, re-log in, and then bustle through your posts, and finally post a link to them in the PM if hopefully it didn't take too long and the WI system didn't already log you out.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Gift Guru

My WI account never automatically logs out.... I click "Remember me" since I am the only person who uses my laptop for WI purposes. (My mom still uses it when I am at school, which is annoying)
Galfam is offline Male
Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

If you would like to give a link, include it in your Private Message. It does not hurt to go that extra step. Some signatures might be flashy, and we wouldn't want someone to read the message and get a headache. Even if it wasn't flashy, the person could still get distracted by the signature below them, and end up forgetting about the message.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 12-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
If you would like to give a link, include it in your Private Message. It does not hurt to go that extra step. Some signatures might be flashy, and we wouldn't want someone to read the message and get a headache. Even if it wasn't flashy, the person could still get distracted by the signature below them, and end up forgetting about the message.
Nice point, but you have to wonder, "How do those people distracted by the signatures read that person's posts on the forum?" Besides, maybe WI could add a feature like on profiles that has the option of "Show Customized" and people can turn it on or off for the signatures
Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #7
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by MegMeg
Nice point, but you have to wonder, "How do those people distracted by the signatures read that person's posts on the forum?" Besides, maybe WI could add a feature like on profiles that has the option of "Show Customized" and people can turn it on or off for the signatures
I am pretty sure that option is already there. What if someone likes looking at signatures on the forum, but would like a Private Message just to include the message?
A PM is there for the message, not for the graphics to be shown off. You could always just see their signature on the forum, especially if the person said, "Hey, look in my signature for the links."
They could go to your profile or the forum and see, then. It isn't that hard.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #8
Gifted

I am pretty sure that option is already there. What if someone likes looking at signatures on the forum, but would like a Private Message just to include the message?
A PM is there for the message, not for the graphics to be shown off. You could always just see their signature on the forum, especially if the person said, "Hey, look in my signature for the links."
Oh ya, I knew there was a "Show Customizations" button for Profiles, I was using it as an example

Still, I merely suggested the option for those who only spend maybe 30 minutes on WI a day and do tons of work.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I do a lot of work on this forum, yet I rarely use links. It's like walking three city blocks, looking at the store windows, the people on the street, all the city sights, as opposed to taking the subway. The subway is faster, but you see a lot more if you walk around.

In the same vein, when you greet a newcomer, an explanation of where to find the green Rules And FAQS in the banner will be a lot more useful to them, in the long run, than a direct link.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 12-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
Gift Guru

Actually, there is a option to show no signatures. Just go to "User CP" and scroll down. You can turn off Signatures, Avatars, and [IMG] codes. So, the flashy part would not really be a problem.
Oh ya, I knew there was a "Show Customizations" button for Profiles, I was using it as an example

Still, I merely suggested the option for those who only spend maybe 30 minutes on WI a day and do tons of work.
View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
I do a lot of work on this forum, yet I rarely use links. It's like walking three city blocks, looking at the store windows, the people on the street, all the city sights, as opposed to taking the subway. The subway is faster, but you see a lot more if you walk around.

In the same vein, when you greet a newcomer, an explanation of where to find the green Rules And FAQS in the banner will be a lot more useful to them, in the long run, than a direct link.
You have a great point! It seems like for the newer members that we should tell them where to go, but for some of the members that have been here for a while, I think they would know where to go....
Galfam is offline Male
Closed