Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
ontonwekly
Webkinz :)

wontonweekly is a name known to allwontonweekly is a name known to allwontonweekly is a name known to all

Default Re: A PM Notifying You That You Had Best Answer

That makes total sense! Thank you for the information!
wontonweekly is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #12
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
I don't know why that'd be necessary.. You don't NEED to know. It's not really a big deal. :/ Sorry.
That's okay! Thanks for your opinion.

View Post Originally Posted by Wonder1001
In my personal opinion i think that it would just be a waste. I'm not trying to offend you or anything. I think that whether or not they choose your answer you should have the satisfaction of helping someone out. I'm sure they appreciate your help, i know i've needed help many times and been really grateful. Rep is really good too, or WI bucks because you can send your appreciation without clogging up an inbox .

On the other hand it may lead to more people expanding their explanation because they would get that little extra burst of self pride of having their answer chosen and know it without the hassle of checking back.

If you really would like someone to know that YOU chose their answer you could PM them yourself .

~Wonder
I understand what you're trying to say. Thanks for your opinion!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #13
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by AsH xO
Hi everyone!

I post in the Somebody Help! forum a lot because I like to help people. As you may know, when you post an answer for a thread that's in that forum, the person who started the thread can choose a post that somebody left as the best answer.

I thought it would be kind of nice to get an automatic PM letting us know that our post got chosen for best answer and what thread it was on. It would be pretty nice because I have to constantly keep checking if any of my answers got chosen as the best answer. If any of them did, I always PM the person who started the thread and thank them for choosing my answer as the best one.

This is just an idea, and I understand if this feature can't become a part of Webkinz Insider.
I would be all for it if you could opt to turn it on or off... sometimes I am having a PM convo with someone and I wouldn't want to be bothered by those PMs in cases like that. Otherwise, I'm with you!
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 10-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #14
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
For me its just a lot easier to visit the threads I have written on to see who had the best answer. I am not sure I would ever read a pm that came in about that or not. I would also like to say its normal to like knowing your answer was picked. I don't see anything wrong at all with wanting to know that and the pleasure of seeing you were helpful. I just think you can check the thread just as easily as you can check your mail.

Also that is very nice of you to take the time to say thank you for your answer being chosen. How nice is that!
I thought it would be nice to get an automatic PM because I post on so many threads in that forum a day that it would be difficult to keep checking every thread.

Thank you!

View Post Originally Posted by hp1010
There is a little dot in the threads you posted in, so just go to the Somebody Help! and look for the threads with little dots and see! Its not that hard
I meant that it would be nice to have a PM letting you know that your answer got chosen as best answer.

View Post Originally Posted by i_like_pie
You can allways subscribe to the thread and see if you got best answer.
That's true. Thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
I never worry if I got best answer or not. I always just feel if I helped them or not - there is no competetion for best answer.
If you help a lot of people, your PM Box could become crammed.
I would just like to know so I could thank them for choosing mine. Thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
This is my take on it- that WOULD be nice, and I get what you mean, but what is the point of it? Why would you need to know that you have the best answer? We don't really need a feature for that, what I would do is to just check back on that thread. You can subscribe to each thread you answer to, if you'd like. That would probably be easier. What I mean is that this feature isn't necessary, ya know?

It's nice of you to take the time and PM the member who chooses your answer as the best, though.
I would just like to know if I had best answer so I could thank them for choosing mine. I was thinking about subscribing to every thread that I post on, but I post on a lot in that forum, so it would be difficult to keep checking. I get what you mean.

Thank you!

View Post Originally Posted by Beaudog6253
I think it's a good idea. It would be nice to know.
Thank you! I think it would be kind of a nice feature, so that way I can thank the people. Thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by MarielofRedwall
It's sort of a nice idea, but it really doesn't matter. You don't get anything, and it's wonderful that you were trying your best to help someone out!
I get what you're trying to say. Thank you for sharing!

Last edited by AsH xO; 10-10-2009 at 09:55 AM..
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 10-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #15
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

It's not quite a big deal to me. But that's because I don't post there often unles I need help but usually just pm/vm my friend or a Wi staff member.

This might be nice but you'd have a clogged inbox.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #16
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by wontonweekly
That makes total sense! Thank you for the information!
You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by!

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
I would be all for it if you could opt to turn it on or off... sometimes I am having a PM convo with someone and I wouldn't want to be bothered by those PMs in cases like that. Otherwise, I'm with you!
That would be kind of nice! I also agree. I think it would be kind of a nice feature!

View Post Originally Posted by jj8
It's not quite a big deal to me. But that's because I don't post there often unles I need help but usually just pm/vm my friend or a Wi staff member.

This might be nice but you'd have a clogged inbox.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Thanks for posting!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 10-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #17
Gifted

SunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talent
SunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talentSunnyPup20 is an unparalleled talent

Yah, sounds good! It would also be nice if sumon' needed a pet name, and you posted, they chose urs, and then someon' sent u a PM or VM taht they chose ur name idea.......... I posted on a thread pet name, and i think they chose mine, but i'm still not sure
SunnyPup20 is offline Female
Old 10-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #18
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

I think somebody suggested this before...but I still love the idea!!
kittycats10 is offline Female
Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #19
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

It sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think it's the best answer to our "problem" (sorry, had to use the corny pun. xD). Tarsky's idea was cool, and it would be nice to let you know you helped, but do you need to know you were best answer? No offense but that sounds kinda cocky to me if you want the PM, because you should feel good just about helping, not about getting any notifacation of it. It's like saving someone who's near death or in a fire. Do you want a medal or honor when you get out, or the great feeling that you saved a life?
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 10-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by SunnyPup20
Yah, sounds good! It would also be nice if sumon' needed a pet name, and you posted, they chose urs, and then someon' sent u a PM or VM taht they chose ur name idea.......... I posted on a thread pet name, and i think they chose mine, but i'm still not sure
That would be cool!

View Post Originally Posted by kittycats10
I think somebody suggested this before...but I still love the idea!!
Oops, I'm sorry if somebody suggested this before! I didn't see any threads on this. Thanks for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by twilightcrz
It sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think it's the best answer to our "problem" (sorry, had to use the corny pun. xD). Tarsky's idea was cool, and it would be nice to let you know you helped, but do you need to know you were best answer? No offense but that sounds kinda cocky to me if you want the PM, because you should feel good just about helping, not about getting any notifacation of it. It's like saving someone who's near death or in a fire. Do you want a medal or honor when you get out, or the great feeling that you saved a life?
I do feel good about helping people, but what I meant by getting a PM was so I could thank the person for choosing my answer as the best. I always thank people when they choose my answer. Thanks for your opinion.
AsH xO is offline Female
Closed