Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

Default A PM Notifying You That You Had Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I post in the Somebody Help! forum a lot because I like to help people. As you may know, when you post an answer for a thread that's in that forum, the person who started the thread can choose a post that somebody left as the best answer.

I thought it would be kind of nice to get an automatic PM letting us know that our post got chosen for best answer and what thread it was on. It would be pretty nice because I have to constantly keep checking if any of my answers got chosen as the best answer. If any of them did, I always PM the person who started the thread and thank them for choosing my answer as the best one.

This is just an idea, and I understand if this feature can't become a part of Webkinz Insider.

SUGGESTION FROM TARSKY781:
If we had this feature, it would be nice if we could turn it on or off! That way, if we're having a conversation with someone via PM, it wouldn't interrupt our conversation.

SUGGESTION FROM SOCCEROX7:
We could maybe have a system kinda like Yahoo Answers!

SUGGESTION FROM XXAEROXX:
You could get a VM instead, and there could maybe be a little area kinda like rep where it shows how many times you got best answer!

*PLEASE READ POST #'S 26- 30 TO GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THIS IDEA*

Last edited by AsH xO; 10-19-2009 at 03:59 PM..
AsH xO is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Default Re: A PM Notifying You That You Had Best Answer

I don't know why that'd be necessary.. You don't NEED to know. It's not really a big deal. :/ Sorry.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
αℓℓ уσυ ηєє∂ ιѕ ℓσνє
Gifted

Wonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socksWonder1001 rocks our collective socks

In my personal opinion i think that it would just be a waste. I'm not trying to offend you or anything. I think that whether or not they choose your answer you should have the satisfaction of helping someone out. I'm sure they appreciate your help, i know i've needed help many times and been really grateful. Rep is really good too, or WI bucks because you can send your appreciation without clogging up an inbox .

On the other hand it may lead to more people expanding their explanation because they would get that little extra burst of self pride of having their answer chosen and know it without the hassle of checking back.

If you really would like someone to know that YOU chose their answer you could PM them yourself .

~Wonder
Wonder1001 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

For me its just a lot easier to visit the threads I have written on to see who had the best answer. I am not sure I would ever read a pm that came in about that or not. I would also like to say its normal to like knowing your answer was picked. I don't see anything wrong at all with wanting to know that and the pleasure of seeing you were helpful. I just think you can check the thread just as easily as you can check your mail.

Also that is very nice of you to take the time to say thank you for your answer being chosen. How nice is that!

Last edited by Tula; 10-09-2009 at 05:12 PM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 10-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

There is a little dot in the threads you posted in, so just go to the Somebody Help! and look for the threads with little dots and see! Its not that hard
Old 10-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #6

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

You can allways subscribe to the thread and see if you got best answer.
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 10-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

I never worry if I got best answer or not. I always just feel if I helped them or not - there is no competetion for best answer.
If you help a lot of people, your PM Box could become crammed.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

This is my take on it- that WOULD be nice, and I get what you mean, but what is the point of it? Why would you need to know that you have the best answer? We don't really need a feature for that, what I would do is to just check back on that thread. You can subscribe to each thread you answer to, if you'd like. That would probably be easier. What I mean is that this feature isn't necessary, ya know?

It's nice of you to take the time and PM the member who chooses your answer as the best, though.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
ho's in the house?
Gifted

Beaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to beholdBeaudog6253 is a splendid one to behold

I think it's a good idea. It would be nice to know.
Beaudog6253 is offline Female
Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

It's sort of a nice idea, but it really doesn't matter. You don't get anything, and it's wonderful that you were trying your best to help someone out!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Closed