Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
1bowlinggirl

Default Re: PM Chainmail

ive gotten a few too,
and truthfully, they annoy me.
i just delete them, and dont forward them
if everyone stops forwarding them
they become
"extinct"
which, in my opinion
will be a good thing.
=]
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #12
PurpleFlashes7
Webkinz :)

-Hannah will become famous soon enough

I haven't gotten any chainmail on WI through PMs, but I do get a lot of chainmail e-mails from my friends. Everytime someone sends me one I e-mail them back saying not to do it again because it is annoying, and they say "Okay I'm sorry" or stuff like that. But then like a week later I get another chainmail from them! UGH!
-Hannah is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #13
Gift Guru

Skydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to allSkydreamer is a name known to all

I know! There have been lots of threads on this, but nothing seems to change! Maybe they will finally stop.
Skydreamer is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #14
fallbullet4
Gifted

smurfette6496 has a spectacular aura about

The EXACT same thing happens to me Hannah! Eventually I actually blocked one of my friends (as a joke) because I was fed up with repeat chains.

Then I unblocked her and she never sent me chains again
smurfette6496 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #15
Edward Cullen is a

xolyssax67 has a spectacular aura aboutxolyssax67 has a spectacular aura about

I totally agree. I have recently got my first chainmail and have not forwarded it. As nice as it may seem its very annoying. I get it alot in my own email, Yuckk.
xolyssax67 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
Call me Chicky!

ChickPea will become famous soon enough

I think I may have gotten one. I just wrote back saying "Thanks! That was nice of you!" And that was that. So i took it as a nice pm and not a chainmail message.

But your right. I get them from people on my e-mail and they are annoying because they say stuff like send this to 8 people and your wish will come true! And I don't have 8 friends with an e-mail address!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #17
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Thanks for the reminder. As sweet as they are, please don't forward them along.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #18
DES
Survivor and
Gift Guru

DES has disabled reputation

I personally hate chainmail, whether it be here, on my regular email or even snail mail.
DES is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

I will say you can forward it to me so I can pm all the offenders to not do it again.
smitchell is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #20
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

I never used to get them, but I got my first one a couple days ago and I don't want them to continue.

I don't think there are any on WI like this, but some forwarded e-mails and text messages say that bad things will happen if you DON'T forward. It does freak me out a little bit, but I don't pass them on because I don't want to freak out others. My "friend" left a comment on my AIM profile that was a forward saying that I would not live if I did not pass it on. They are just rude and scary.

Another friend, who is a different religion then me, grew up in a family that doesn't like any other religions but their own and are always trying to get people to convert to their religion. They always make rude comments to me about my religion, and our "friendship" is starting to suffer. She always sends me religious forwards that say God will be angry if I don't pass them on. I honestly don't think God will be upset for not sending others a message that just spams the computer.

So, to everyone, please no more fowards.

Last edited by stylediva7; 08-26-2008 at 01:17 PM..
Closed