Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
✞ Walk by Faith ✞
Webkinz :)

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

Default Re: Please don't...

View Post Originally Posted by teaandpizza
Well I agree. Sometimes the titles are clear, but I just want to read it! Like in the somebody help section, If a lot of people have already posted the answer, then I decide against posting it again!
Sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying about people already posting the answer... I'm a little slow.

Does anyone else want to share what they think?

Last edited by dumblonde693; 07-10-2009 at 09:40 AM..
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by dumblonde693
Sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying about people already posting the answer... I'm a little slow.

Does anyone else want to share what they think?
Hello!!! I hope you are having a wonderful Friday!!!

I think she means that when she clicks on a thread in the "somebody help" section sometimes other members have already posted an answer, so they won't so there it isn't just a repeat post of the same information already there.

Thus the thread will have more hits than posts if more members are doing the same thing. So in the case of some it might not be title, but content/answer already posted that resulted in the low post numbers vs. views.

I hope I made sense!!! I'm on Benadryl so I'm not all there right now, but I did my best

But I absolutely agree with you. I can't say how many times I have clicked on a thread thinking it was something different and found it was nothing like the title indicated.

And so you know I got it about your title too
meowsrus is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #13
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

I agree, sometimes I see that a lot in the 'Somebody help!' section. It also helps to use proper grammar when typing a title, or creatinga thread. It helps people that want to view your thread, or post a reply understand.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Rep if I can give you any! I agree! For example,lets say you post a thread in the 'Somebody Help!' section of the forum,and the title is "I NEED HELP NOW!!!!" Or something like that,your going to get more views then answers because people would have known not to click on it if it said what you needed help for in the title and they couldn't help you. Great thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #15
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by dumblonde693
Hi guys!

I was just visiting a few threads, and something caught my eye. They all had unclear titles. Isn't it hard to predict what a thread will be about if it is titled OMG!, or ???, or ..., or Aaaaaaah!. Please, when creating a thread, make your title clear, so that WI members can easily identify the topic of the thread. Some members click a thread that is unclearly titled because they want to see what ??? means, but then they realize that they would rather not have visited the thread.
People are commonly complaining that there's a huge gap between the number of views their thread has, and the number of posts their thread has, but I'll be willing to bet that their thread was unclearly titled, so members came by to see what it was about, then left without posting because they weren't interestsed.
I just want to reccommend titling your threads clearly so that members can tell what the main idea of the thread is without opening the thread so they can determine if they'd like to read more about the topic.
Thanks!

...Oh, I forgot to mention that when creating a poll, it's different to name the poll question ?, because members already know what they are voting for, so it's not always necessary to type out a long poll question.
Thanks again for coming by!
Someone as asking for help in the open mike section a few days ago, the title was all 'AAAAH CLICK HERE CLICK YEAH CLICK YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO' and there they were scratching their head 20 minutes later wondering why no one has replied yet :/
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #16
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

View Post Originally Posted by meowsrus
Hello!!! I hope you are having a wonderful Friday!!!

I think she means that when she clicks on a thread in the "somebody help" section sometimes other members have already posted an answer, so they won't so there it isn't just a repeat post of the same information already there.

Thus the thread will have more hits than posts if more members are doing the same thing. So in the case of some it might not be title, but content/answer already posted that resulted in the low post numbers vs. views.

I hope I made sense!!! I'm on Benadryl so I'm not all there right now, but I did my best

But I absolutely agree with you. I can't say how many times I have clicked on a thread thinking it was something different and found it was nothing like the title indicated.

And so you know I got it about your title too
Oh, okay. I get what you're saying about the 'Somebody Help' thing now. That does name sense. Benadryl is the worst...you should have seen me the other day!

And thank you so much for agreeing, and sharing your opinion. I know how you fee! Thanks for the rep too! Very thoughtful!

View Post Originally Posted by lilhorselover
I agree, sometimes I see that a lot in the 'Somebody help!' section. It also helps to use proper grammar when typing a title, or creatinga thread. It helps people that want to view your thread, or post a reply understand.
Proper grammer is a big part of titles too. It helps spelling practice, as well as comprehension for other WI members. Thanks a lot for stopping by!

Last edited by dumblonde693; 07-10-2009 at 01:05 PM..
Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #17
Snaaazzzyyy(:

ladybugz is a glorious beacon of lightladybugz is a glorious beacon of lightladybugz is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think its a problem.
If you rest your mouse on the title for a bit,
A couple lines of the thread will come up,
and you can get an idea of what it is about.
Some people like there title like that,
so thats how they will do it.
ladybugz is offline Female
Old 07-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #18
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
Rep if I can give you any! I agree! For example,lets say you post a thread in the 'Somebody Help!' section of the forum,and the title is "I NEED HELP NOW!!!!" Or something like that,your going to get more views then answers because people would have known not to click on it if it said what you needed help for in the title and they couldn't help you. Great thread!
Thank you so much for the rep lizzyxwebkinz! I know what you mean. This is most common in the 'Somebody Help' section, and that is one of the forums where it's very important to understand the main idea of the thread. I understand where you are comping from. Thank you very much for posting!

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
Someone as asking for help in the open mike section a few days ago, the title was all 'AAAAH CLICK HERE CLICK YEAH CLICK YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO' and there they were scratching their head 20 minutes later wondering why no one has replied yet :/
LOL, that makes you wonder... don't people make the connection between titles and responses. LOL. Thanks for coming by!

View Post Originally Posted by ladybugz
I don't think its a problem.
If you rest your mouse on the title for a bit,
A couple lines of the thread will come up,
and you can get an idea of what it is about.
Some people like there title like that,
so thats how they will do it.
I see where you are coming from ladybugz, but I have noticed that sometimes mousing over the title doesn't always bring up a mini-description of the thread, it will just repeat the thread title and the author of the thread. Thank you for sharing your opinoin!

Anyone else?

Last edited by dumblonde693; 07-11-2009 at 01:00 PM..
Old 07-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
Forever a
Banned
superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!superkitty777 is the bees knees!

Yes I agree. Let's say somone just got a red lava in the trading room and wants to share it with their fellow WI members. If the title says "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "OMGOMGOMGOMG LOOOOOK!" People may be uninterested. But if the title said "I got a very special surprise in the trading room!" Or "I got something super cool in the trading room!" that would be ok.

Good thread, rep for you
superkitty777 is offline Female
Old 07-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #20
Sonic is more than
Gifted

zatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond repute

Smile Re: Please don't...

I agree!! I always get annoyed when I see the title of a thread is "!!!!!!!!!", or anything like that because I never really know what it's about. Rep!
zatcat101 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, cheese bread = ♥, cheese!, chessey!-zanney, code wowewe, emma8432 aka cat lady, has given up, hi!!!!, i <3 jordan, monkey 08 was here, p.t. posted here, stop the cheese tags, whats a do?, ~♥~wl321~♥~