Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #111
Webkinz :)

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Please, title your threads clearly

I completely and utterly agree. Also, people shouldn't make their titles really long and complicated, for example: "I need help so that I can figure out how to make the background transparent in Adobe Photoshop cs3 because I need to know this to make my avatar! Does anybody know how?"

A better title for that would be "Photoshop cs3 Help" or "Transparent backgrounds on Photoshop?"
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #112
Gifted

MegMeg is a creator of wonder
MegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonderMegMeg is a creator of wonder

Thanks for bringing this to over 1,000 people's attentions! I see threads all the time especially in the Rumor Mill and the Somebody Help saying "OMG" "What on Earth?" "Why?!" "HELP!" "What's going on on?" I think people should be more descriptive. Instead of: "HELP ME PLEASE!" They should say, "Pets are stuck in a room, Help Please!" And people shouldn't do CAPS LOCK for every character, because that can be percieved as screaming.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #113
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

View Post Originally Posted by HappySsey
i really don't like it when this happens. i see some people just post HELP!!!!!!! and i wonder if i can help them, or not. but what i do to threads like those, and pretty much all threads is to put the cursor over the thread thing, but not click on it. then you can see the first i don't know, 50 characters maybe ?? of a post. or, when i see like 3 threads on the exact same thing. look on the other people's threads first!!
That's a great point...when people have just 'HELP!!!!!!' for a title, it makes us wonder if we can be of assistance or not? I do try to mouse over the title often, but sometimes, the title is just repeated. If I can get an overview of the thread, then I try to decide from that, but what can be done if not? I guess we'll just have to be risky and visit the thread... Thanks for coming by, HappySsey!
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #114
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

View Post Originally Posted by Lolo12
Yes, thank you! I always click on those just to see if it's something that I'm interested in posting on etc. Thank you so much!
No problem Lolo! I'm glad to help! I used to click on them all of the time, but lately, I just ignore them because I get annoyed if it's not something I'd care to respond to. Thank you for coming by!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #115
like a G6 :]

rockstar9527 wears the mantle of perfection with gracerockstar9527 wears the mantle of perfection with gracerockstar9527 wears the mantle of perfection with gracerockstar9527 wears the mantle of perfection with gracerockstar9527 wears the mantle of perfection with gracerockstar9527 wears the mantle of perfection with gracerockstar9527 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Smile Re: Please, title your threads clearly

soooooo true! people really need to do this!
rockstar9527 is offline Female
Old 08-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #116
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

View Post Originally Posted by SummerLovin'
Yeah, people think if they don't title it clearly, that people will wonder what it's about and come visit their thread.

Yeah, I agree that that's probably the reason too. Some members just need to trust that people will be interested enough in their clear titles to come and read more. Thanks for coming by SummerLovin'!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #117
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
Thanks you 4 posting this!

We all need a reminder from time to time!
No problem mickey! Thank you for coming by!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #118
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

View Post Originally Posted by rockstar9527
soooooo true! people really need to do this!
Thanks, rockstar, for coming by and sharing your thoughts. It was nice to hear from you!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #119
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

View Post Originally Posted by AlohaWebkinz
I completely and utterly agree. Also, people shouldn't make their titles really long and complicated, for example: "I need help so that I can figure out how to make the background transparent in Adobe Photoshop cs3 because I need to know this to make my avatar! Does anybody know how?"

A better title for that would be "Photoshop cs3 Help" or "Transparent backgrounds on Photoshop?"

LOL, thank you so much for the example! I loved it! I agree that some titles can be too long, but too short isn't good either. There is a such thing as too detailed...underdetailed...we just need to find a balance in the middle. Thank you for coming by AlohaWebkinz!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #120
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

View Post Originally Posted by MegMeg
Thanks for bringing this to over 1,000 people's attentions! I see threads all the time especially in the Rumor Mill and the Somebody Help saying "OMG" "What on Earth?" "Why?!" "HELP!" "What's going on on?" I think people should be more descriptive. Instead of: "HELP ME PLEASE!" They should say, "Pets are stuck in a room, Help Please!" And people shouldn't do CAPS LOCK for every character, because that can be percieved as screaming.
No problem! I'm so glad that I've reached over 1,000 WI members with just this one thread! Thank you for being one of them, Meg! You are absolutely right that using CAPS LOCK could be mis-interpreted as shouting. Thank you so much for giving examples for better title selections! I appreciate your post!
Closed

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, cheese bread = ♥, cheese!, chessey!-zanney, code wowewe, emma8432 aka cat lady, has given up, hi!!!!, i <3 jordan, monkey 08 was here, p.t. posted here, stop the cheese tags, whats a do?, ~♥~wl321~♥~