Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

Ms Venus is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Please think before posting.

Very good post. I have quit visiting other forums because of rude people that were left alone and things got out of control. I think debating is a good thing, but keep it controlled. There is no reason to be rude! EVER!!!! Just because your opinion varies from the last person, does not give you the right to be rude! You can express your opinion in a kind way. That is the way it should be. There are LOTS of little children on here. They are exposed to enough negativity in the real world. I hope that people try to keep it clean on here.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #12
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

I totally agree,and even if you just want to share you opinion it can quickly become an arguement.
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #13
marissa37
Gifted

star37 is on a distinguished road

I totally agree that we need to stop and think about what we are writing. I would not not want to offend or hurt someone else's feelings. I too have children and encourage them to be their own person and not be influenced by wha others think or do. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. I also tech them that there is a time when it is quite better to just stay silent or walk away, rather than risk an argument.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #14

michellemily has a spectacular aura about

I agree totally and I am an adult but sometimes as in the pollz area there are tons of rude people and arguments over petty things. Snide remarks and fighting is not cool and I wish people would realize that even thought it's the computer real people are typing with real feelings. Remember that even though you can't see the person you still can make them feel bad.
michellemily is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #15
16053help

16053help is an unknown quantity at this point

very well put I agree!!!!
16053help is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #16
Gasp! I'm GREEN!
Gift Guru

lotusfairy is just really nicelotusfairy is just really nice

I agree that you should watch what you post. It is good to debate ideas so that we can all learn to see ALL sides of a discussion but we need to be careful about how we say it. This a great thread!
lotusfairy is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #17
ill work for webkinz
Gift Guru

CindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guideCindyMommy is a golden guide

I think another problem is that the written word is often interpreted differently than if you said the words out loud. Oftentimes it helps to write down what you want to say, but don't hit send or post; come back after a few minutes and re-read what you've written. More often than not, you'll want to change the text.

Last edited by CindyMommy; 10-30-2008 at 11:03 AM..
CindyMommy is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #18
I always knew I was
Gifted

Ribbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by CindyMommy
I think another problem is that the written word is often interpreted differently than if you said the words out loud. Oftentimes it helps to write down what you want to say, but don't hit send or post; come back after a few minutes and re-read what you've written. Oftentimes, you'll want to change the text.
Like the count to ten rule when dealing with a person face to face. Great suggestion!!
Ribbitsqueak is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #19

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

This is a great reminder to everyone!

I believe that part of the problem is the sheer fact that whatever a person says...well they don't have to see and truly experience any negative repercussions from what they write.

It is as though some peoples brains have been trained that it's all in the computer....they have almost forgetten that there are real people on the other end.

This is a forumn not a vidoe game. There are people with feelings on the other end. And we don't have to agree all the time, but disagreements need to be taken care of in a mature manner and/or through pms. That's is my personal feeling. We basically are a group of people writing about what we love...Webkinzworld. It should remain as pure as possible for the children reading.

Anyway I think this was a great post and I am going to rep the person that started this thread We all need a periodic reminder that there are real people and real kids reading these posts.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #20
Gifted

luigi'smom is just really niceluigi'smom is just really nice

I absolutely agree that you should take people's feelings into account and it irritates me when there are troublemakers on ANY forum, but kids have no business being on forums alone. It's just too dangerous. Sure there's rules on here to protect the kids, but they can give out info and damage can be done before a mod sees it.
luigi'smom is offline Female
Closed