Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
GreenPunk

Default Please take WI seriously~ Rules to Follow to be a Good Member(Started: December 30th 2007)

Here at WI, the staff and the members (members like me) take this site seriously. Here are some rules to keep you from turning into a bad egg~

PM (Private Message)~

You only PM someone for certain reasons:

1. To ask questions directly for them to answer

2. For help, rules, etc.

3. For appropriate things (example: Do you like cat Webkinz?)

4. Trading as a Gift Guru with other Gift Gurus in PMs

5. Maybe just a simple "Hello" is perfectly fine

Bad ways to PM~

1. Asking for personal info (example: When were you born? How old are you? Where do you live?)

2. Poking fun at things one person likes (example: I can't believe you like video games! How strange!), PMing nasty messages for someone who doesn't like something (example: How could you not like chips?! You are very strange! WERIDO!!)

3. Rudeness, hate mail, etc.

Posting~

Good ways to post:

1. Use kindness, helpfulness, etc.

2. Praise people's posts or threads, be nice and careful about what you say.

3. Ignore what other people like if you don't like it, don't start a fight.

4. To answer questions, help people, etc.

Bad ways to post:

1. Threating, rudeness, etc. (example: You are mean! I do not like you! I will hack your account!)

2. Posting inapropraiate things, bad words, etc. It's very disturbing. DO NOT DO IT!!!

3. All in all, rudeness is NOT excepted, so don't do it!

Fluff posts~

Here are some examples of fluff posts. These posts will NOT be counted towards "true" posts in becoming Gifted/Gift Guru.

Oh, that's cool.
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
No!!!!!!!!!!!
Pie is nice!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SWEET!!!!!!!!

Contests~

Whenever you contribute to/create a contest, ALWAYS follow through. How would YOU feel if YOU were left out? Even though this is a common mistake, please try to follow along with your promises. Many members have consulted me to put this on my thread, so we can all be happy members.

*Don't start a contest on someone else's thread, if you want to start a contest, post your own. Many members find this rude, so please be considerate to NOT do this.*

Good Contest Manners~

If you don't win, don't complain or be a whiner, nobody likes a whiner, and by doing that, you are ruining the contest.

Some examples are:

"Hey, this is a dumb thread, I KNEW I should've won!"

"I hate you! Your top pick is the WORST pick!"

"Mine's better than all of these, I should win!"

--------------

I don't care who you are, and what makes yours "the best" in the contest when you think you should've won. It's up to the judge of the contest; not you. The next time you enter a contest, you may end up not winning because you were a whiner the last time you entered a contest(karma ALWAYS gets revenge...).

Spamming~

Spam is.... Almost like fluff posts, but are completely random and have nothing dealing with the conversation. They can ruin conversations and help close threads(Perhaps even delete). It is rude, mean, and very terrible to our community.

Treating others the way YOU want to be treated~

I am sick and tired of this from everybody who causes it: Rudeness, not only disrespectful, but hurtful and mean. I realize some people don't mean to come out and be totally rude, but everybody(Including the members and staff) need to treat others with kindness. You also hurt yourself at the same time(Including your member reputation). We should ALL be able to get along, so if you are a member on here or even a staff member and have been rude to others, I deeply recommend you to politely tell the person you were harsh with that you are sorry, if you are mean to others, the other people have the right to be nasty back.

*If you are told NOT to do something from a WI staff member, please listen to them, otherwise, you just might get yourself banned for not behaving properly.*

Personal Information~

This is something, you should never, ever, ever, ever, ever do! Posting where you live, your name, your age, and any other information like that will NOT be tolerated. Therefore, it is VERY unsafe to you and the other members on the forum. Online child preditors are real. For that very reason, it is forbidden you do so. For your safety and for the others, we HIGHLY reccomend you think before you post...

*Adults: Even posting your childrens' ages are NOT allowed due to safety purposes. And posting your age if you are over 18 is just as bad, because younger members might begin to think that THEY are allowed to post their ages, in which is not accepted.*

Words of Wisdom from the WI members:

Originally Posted by gupdoo3
Alrighty!

See the ads scattered across the margins? No clicky. They might have viruses that could do bad things to your computer. And when you do click on them and have your Webkinz password stolen, don't blame me.

There are very many other rules. Please follow them.

Last edited by GreenPunk; 06-27-2008 at 08:28 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
Queen of the
Gifted

Amber is the cats pajamas!Amber is the cats pajamas!Amber is the cats pajamas!Amber is the cats pajamas!Amber is the cats pajamas!Amber is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Please take WI seriously~ rules to follow to be a good member

This is a great thread - rep points.

.xo.
Amber
Old 12-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
compg318
Gift Guru

compg318 is a jewel in the roughcompg318 is a jewel in the rough

I agree thanks for he reminer
Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
Waffleghetti
Gift Guru

Waffleghetti has a spectacular aura about

very well said! I've been getting like rude hate mail from this one person who posted on one of my threads a few days ago, is there anything i can do about that?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
GreenPunk

View Post Originally Posted by waffleghetti
very well said! I've been getting like rude hate mail from this one person who posted on one of my threads a few days ago, is there anything i can do about that?

Foward the nasty PM to Justin, Wendy, Moderator, Admin, etc. Report posts with the red flag under their username.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Thanks for the reminder and guide!! I'm sure people will love it and listen to it!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
Seth is truely
Gifted
soccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Thank you! I hope this will make wi better!
soccergollygal is offline Female
Old 12-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #8
1r57
Gifted

1r57 is on a distinguished road

Hi! Thanks for the info! Rep point!

Um, I do have a question though. In your opinion, do ya think it's right to talk to friend at your own school about school related things and webkinz related things?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
GreenPunk

View Post Originally Posted by 1r57
Hi! Thanks for the info! Rep point!

Um, I do have a question though. In your opinion, do ya think it's right to talk to friend at your own school about school related things and webkinz related things?

If you know them well in real life, yes, otherwise, no. You sound like you know them well. I'd say yes you can.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
1r57
Gifted

1r57 is on a distinguished road

Ok, thanks for your opinion!
Closed

Tags
follow rules