Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #71
*getting money*

Default Re: Please speak proper English.

I think i like that language
~Getting Money~
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #72
Webkinz :)

cheekyiska89 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by vince730
Actually, We can do something about it:

It states in the Rules that we need to Write in Proper English.
Oh no. Maybe I'm in deep trouble... why didn't I get banned when I did it?
cheekyiska89 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #73
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

View Post Originally Posted by cheekyiska89
I meant halarious... but why is that word crossed out when I used abc????
The spelling of that word is "hilarious."

Phonetically spelled words are among the most common grammar mistakes.
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 07-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #74
puncuation
Gift Guru

puncuation is a name known to allpuncuation is a name known to allpuncuation is a name known to all

I think it's just really annoying!Well I'm probably younger than most of the WI members here,so I don't have a cell phone.That means I dont text.I just find that annoying but I do admit I do use some abriviations like:lol,BTW,PLMK and WW.I just find it really annoying when people use text speak.English is my second language.But I speak it very well as I have been speaking it for 4 years.
puncuation is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #75

cheekyiska89 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by cheekyiska89
Oh no. Maybe I'm in deep trouble... why didn't I get banned when I did it?
Or is that only with gifted? ???(I can't get gifted anyways because the thread where you ask to become gifted is closed...)

---------- cheekyiska89 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
The spelling of that word is "hilarious."
Thank you, hehe... I have trouble spelling.

Last edited by cheekyiska89; 07-25-2008 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cheekyiska89 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #76
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
It was intended to be a compliment, although in a twisted, roundabout way. It was somewhat of a thrill to try and "correct" the same post I was trying to praise. I found it interesting for you to post on the thread asking for "proper English," for your posts seemed to stick out to me as a good example of posting etiquette. And calling my wandering path a "high road" certainly gave me a smile. Who says you can't rebel against a rebellion, anyway?

P.S. Speaking of correct grammar, does the comma after "'proper English'" go inside or outside the quotation marks? I always forget... LOL.

I think that those "guidelines" may need to have a title change. I would vouch that they were intended to be inforced rather than glanced at once or twice. The "proper English" "guideline" was categorized with topics like "bullying" and "rudeness," so do you think that those could also be ignored?
I agree that they should make those rules.
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #77
i have 37

catlovergirl will become famous soon enough

i dont do the @ as a or 3 as es but i do shorten stuff like if i wanted 2 put why i just put the letter y
catlovergirl is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #78

lejte5 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok we r on a virtual chat forum, we dont all no howw old peple r, so lets just drop it, ok?
lejte5 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #79
The Awesome are
Gifted

Web69kinzs will become famous soon enough

I really don't mind it. Like I use LOL, BTW, PLMK, and everything else like that, but I don't use 3 as e, and 7 as t or anything like that. Most people type it that way so they can save time.

Last edited by Web69kinzs; 07-25-2008 at 12:49 PM..
Web69kinzs is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #80
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by puncuation
I think it's just really annoying!Well I'm probably younger than most of the WI members here,so I don't have a cell phone.That means I dont text.I just find that annoying but I do admit I do use some abriviations like:lol,BTW,PLMK and WW.I just find it really annoying when people use text speak.English is my second language.But I speak it very well as I have been speaking it for 4 years.
I am a teen and I don't have a cell phone either.I think cell phones are more of a fad for younger people who have them. but back on topic I didn't even know what PLMK ment till I pieced it together with LMK.
webkinz101 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i <3 t3xt sp3ak!