Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #61
Webkinz :)

lejte5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Please speak proper English.

i mean, i am on here 24/7 so i learn all of the im stuff. i just use the simple stuff like 2, @, 4ever, brb, omg, lol, etc. it doesnt bother me at all
lejte5 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #62
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by snuggleb68
Hip hip hooray! I'm very happy some one put this thread out there. Just a reminder, there is a spell check button in the reply area. It's a checkmark with ABC over the top. That also helps make sure that words are spelled correctly! (or should I say "typed" cause sometimes my fingers have a mind of their own!)

Happy posting!
The only problem with this is that you have to download that spell checker, the last time I tried. I personally would not want to download that, and risk getting a virus and my system crashing. I would rather just have people see a few of my spelling errors. I think for the most time, if I misspell things, people know pretty well what I am trying to get at.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #63

lejte5 is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree totally, my fingers just have gotten used to typing im language unless im emailing an adult. they just have a mind of their own.
lejte5 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #64
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
The only problem with this is that you have to download that spell checker, the last time I tried. I personally would not want to download that, and risk getting a virus and my system crashing. I would rather just have people see a few of my spelling errors. I think for the most time, if I misspell things, people know pretty well what I am trying to get at.
I spell check by opening Microsoft Word and spell checking there.
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #65
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Sorry, I thought of another thing to add here.

You have to remember that we have a number of different age groups on here. And while most people here are old enough to know how to type properly (fingers on the home row, etc) many people probably still do not. I never have had a computer class in school that taught me how to type. The only reason I learned is because I was so impressed at how fast my mother could type, and I wanted to be able to also. So for my birthday that year, I got the "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing" program.

So anyways, some people still only know how to type with their index fingers. I know most people in my school still do. And if you have ever had to do this, you know how long it can take you. If I had to do that, this whole post would have taken me a good 15 minutes to type out. The text speak could save people a lot of valuable time here. So, you can hate the text speak all you want, but be patient with those who type that way.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #66
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Wow...you chose a 'nerve ending' issue, didn't you? I can tell you which age range each and every respondent falls into, just by what they have chosen to post.
I am fortunate enough to have seen a LOT of different age groups mould their own language. It is what DEFINES their generation. It can be their own secret code-type of language that dis-allows the 'rents and other people older than themselves.
It is a lot like the clothing they choose or the way they choose to decorate themselves. It is a definition of the day. In a few years it will shift, they will be the older ones and there will be younger ones trying hard to set their generations' style and place in history.
I, personally, don't mind them speaking in chat and text. They are young, energetic, smart and clever enough to build their own language. If it gets to be too much for you, you can always flag a moderator and move on to the next.
They largely ignore these diatribes and lectures, anyway.
You would be surprised. I know many, many people on here who you would probably think are adults rather than teens with how vast their vocabulary and grammar skills are. I know I have fooled a few people in to thinking I am older than I am a few times. At the same time, I know others can see straight through me and know exactly how old I am.

---------- -Lilypad added 0 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz101
I spell check by opening Microsoft Word and spell checking there.
Ooooooh, that is a GREAT idea!

Last edited by -Lilypad; 07-25-2008 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #67
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by *getting money*
WE DON'T HAVE TO
YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A MAD SMILEY
~Getting Money~
We know you don't have to,but it would be nice.I don't like when people use the numbers in there words like h3y. I am okay with lol,brb,ect.I don't think this thread is going to help or change anything.
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #68
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

I agree, but I talk in text like ru or LOL. That's basically it. I think it's really hard to read, so we need to talk like this. Typos are ok once in a while.
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #69
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Well, THANK YOU monkeecj!! I think that was a compliment and I would like to take it as such! I am not wont to pigeon-hole a specific group of people. I am glad to see that you are making your own mark in this world. This is what will 'cull' you from the common herd and set you apart from them. What it all boils down to, by your rebellion against the rebellion, you are saying, 'Before you follow the crowd, look at where it is going!' I think you have chosen a HIGH road.
It was intended to be a compliment, although in a twisted, roundabout way. It was somewhat of a thrill to try and "correct" the same post I was trying to praise. I found it interesting for you to post on the thread asking for "proper English," for your posts seemed to stick out to me as a good example of posting etiquette. And calling my wandering path a "high road" certainly gave me a smile. Who says you can't rebel against a rebellion, anyway?

P.S. Speaking of correct grammar, does the comma after "'proper English'" go inside or outside the quotation marks? I always forget... LOL.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz101
Well it's a guide line people don't have to follow it...
I think that those "guidelines" may need to have a title change. I would vouch that they were intended to be inforced rather than glanced at once or twice. The "proper English" "guideline" was categorized with topics like "bullying" and "rudeness," so do you think that those could also be ignored?

Last edited by monkeecj; 07-25-2008 at 12:34 PM..
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #70

cheekyiska89 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by lkemper
What your doing is not bad. It is your right to speak how you want to. brb stands for be right back.
Thanks for saying that. that saying (brb) is so halarious!!

---------- cheekyiska89 added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by cheekyiska89
Thanks for saying that. that saying (brb) is so halarious!!
I meant halarious... but why is that word crossed out when I used abc????

Last edited by cheekyiska89; 07-25-2008 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cheekyiska89 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i <3 t3xt sp3ak!