Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 12:08 PM   #51
putty5000
Gift Guru

daffy1956 has a spectacular aura aboutdaffy1956 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Please speak proper English.

I'm 52 and I could understand it.. probably because I have a tween! But, that kind of chat speak really belongs only in places where all the people involved are going to be familiar with it. It's kind of like typing in a foreign language, or talking in code and leaving people out of your conversation... and that's just rude.

I know for all you "texters" this kind of text-speak is commonplace, but the rest of us have difficulties with it. How would you like it if some Spanish speaking people only spoke in Spanish to each other on their thread but English to you? You'd wonder if they were laughing about you! It's just common curtesy to speak/type in a way that the vast majority of people will understand you.
daffy1956 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #52
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by vince730
Actually, We can do something about it:

It states in the Rules that we need to Write in Proper English.
Well it's a guide line people don't have to follow it...
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #53
DawnClan loyalty
Gifted

Kiwi Krazy is on a distinguished road

I use ppl, lol, etc. because I can't type out full sentences fast at all. But you are right, altho I could read that (I was surprised I could read that!), It's just plain confusing.
Kiwi Krazy is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #54
WHONKâ„¢!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz101
Well it's a guide line people don't have to follow it...
I persona;lly see them as more than Guidelines because it seems like all of those other "guidelines" are enforced as rules....such as writing in Blue or Red

Last edited by vince730; 07-25-2008 at 12:18 PM..
vince730 is offline Male
Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #55
Webkinz :)

Muffin11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool Re: Please speak proper English.

View Post Originally Posted by hollipup4
i could read that perfectly and i actually like talking like that personally
Yes, theres no need to tell people what to type. If u dont like it thats fine (and its great that u spoke ur feelings) lol

Oh and just so u know i dont mind quick typing JUST in letters (e.g. ur, ppl, wht...)
I hate when ppl type in numbers instead of letters though. I can read it but its VERY annoying!

Last edited by Muffin11; 07-25-2008 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: :)
Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #56
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by daffy1956
I'm 52 and I could understand it.. probably because I have a tween! But, that kind of chat speak really belongs only in places where all the people involved are going to be familiar with it. It's kind of like typing in a foreign language, or talking in code and leaving people out of your conversation... and that's just rude.

I know for all you "texters" this kind of text-speak is commonplace, but the rest of us have difficulties with it. How would you like it if some Spanish speaking people only spoke in Spanish to each other on their thread but English to you? You'd wonder if they were laughing about you! It's just common curtesy to speak/type in a way that the vast majority of people will understand you.
I agree,and I know how to speak spanish but not everyone does. I am a teen and I didn't even know what some of the text speak ment for a while.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #57
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by michigan829
I haven't seen that but I agree. I am a very good typist but that would take me forever to type like that!!
I know what you mean. It takes me forever to type things out like that. When I instant message someone, I type out my responses pretty well, and they all think I am crazy. I am at a point where my typing is fast enough, that to type in text speak takes to much thought for me and it is faster to write out my words.

I have not read through this whole thread, so please excuse me if this is a duplicate point brought up.

I don't mind the occasional abbreviation, as long as there is not whole sentences and paragraphs in that manner. The other thing that bothers me is when people to not use punctuation.

they type like this and it looks like one big run on sentence and i have a hard time deciphering what they say my teacher this year made us edit our papers at least 4 times and now i am crazy about trying to get my grammar perfect

Pretty much, as long as I can easily read what you are saying, I am fine.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #58
Webkinz :)

lejte5 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think that if u guys want 2 speak only "talking" language u guys should ignore other posts.
lejte5 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #59
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by vince730
I persona;lly see them as more than Rules because it seems like all of those other "guidelines" are enforced as rules....such as writing in Blue or Red
Oh yeah that's true.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #60
weatherkari~~karik95
Gifted

karik is on a distinguished road

I only do the things like LOL, BRB, plz, simple stuff like that. I save the "other" stuff (bcuz, 4ever, H3y) for my friends on IM.
karik is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i <3 t3xt sp3ak!