Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 08:52 AM   #31
GammaTwila
Gift Guru

snuggleb68 is just really nicesnuggleb68 is just really nice

Default Re: Please speak proper English.

Hip hip hooray! I'm very happy some one put this thread out there. Just a reminder, there is a spell check button in the reply area. It's a checkmark with ABC over the top. That also helps make sure that words are spelled correctly! (or should I say "typed" cause sometimes my fingers have a mind of their own!)

Happy posting!
snuggleb68 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #32
radical
Gift Guru

madolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talentmadolly has lots of talent

I feel offended, even though I do speak proper English. Maybe people do that because they are in a hurry. I had no problem reading it, and I'm sure all of you could too. I don't mind it at all.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #33
Webkinz :)

pawprint123456 is a splendid one to beholdpawprint123456 is a splendid one to beholdpawprint123456 is a splendid one to beholdpawprint123456 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by robin leigh
Chat speak is just plain annoying.

I know. Save the chatspeak for emails or IM. I'm also tired of hearing

hay! Wats up? How R U? And stuff like that.
pawprint123456 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #34
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

I did find it interesting for this topic to be brought up, but the sad truth of the matter is: you will never be able to get someone to change the way they speak (or type, rather) or modify their grammar in any way without some sort of major surgery involved. I'm sure everyone who types that way will continue to do it even if they read through every post on this thread and saw those who disagreed with it. I do wish that you could, though. I like to read intelligent posts to see what tantalizing idea the person has brought to my attention. Like this one:

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I can tell you which age range each and every respondent falls into, just by what they have chosen to post.... It is what DEFINES their generation. It can be their own secret code-type of language that dis-allows the 'rents and other people older than themselves....It is a lot like the clothing they choose or the way they choose to decorate themselves. It is a definition of the day.
Although I do disagree, Dixiecup. I totally miss the category you have set up. I almost never fall to using this "chat-speak," maybe with the exception of the occasional "LOL" for the fun of it. But most of the time I would think this is true. I'm just different (rebellious?) like that...
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #35
I am sooooo...
Gifted

taymeg will become famous soon enough

I agree with you 100%. People can put the time and effort into SPELLING out what they are trying to say. Thanks for bringing this up!

---------- taymeg added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later ----------

Although, I DO have to admit that I use the occasional "LOL", or "BRB"... But I hardly believe this is the same thing that you were talking about.

Last edited by taymeg; 07-25-2008 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
taymeg is offline Male
Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #36
Merry Christmas!
Gift Trainee

lkemper has a spectacular aura about

It doesn't really bother me when people speak chatspeak. For those of you who can't read it, I have made a guide to help you decode the words. Here's the link if ya wanna check it out:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/....html?t=348674

Speaking text is cool, in my opinion.
lkemper is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #37
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by lkemper
It doesn't really bother me when people speak chatspeak. For those of you who can't read it, I have made a guide to help you decode the words. Here's the link if ya wanna check it out:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/....html?t=348674

Speaking text is cool, in my opinion.
lkemper!!! THIS is an EXCELLENT solution to a problem. Bridge the gap instead of screaming across it!! AWESOME 4U!!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #38
Merry Christmas!
Gift Trainee

lkemper has a spectacular aura about

Talking Re: Please speak proper English.

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
lkemper!!! THIS is an EXCELLENT solution to a problem. Bridge the gap instead of screaming across it!! AWESOME 4U!!

Well, thanks! I really appreciate you saying that. I think that we all need to compromsie. Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone was happy?
lkemper is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #39
Finally! I'm a
Webkinz :)

bythebeach is on a distinguished road

i say stuff like how r u? o i 4got. u know stuff like that. nobody talks like your example
Old 07-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #40
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by monkeecj
I did find it interesting for this topic to be brought up, but the sad truth of the matter is: you will never be able to get someone to change the way they speak (or type, rather) or modify their grammar in any way without some sort of major surgery involved. I'm sure everyone who types that way will continue to do it even if they read through every post on this thread and saw those who disagreed with it. I do wish that you could, though. I like to read intelligent posts to see what tantalizing idea the person has brought to my attention. Like this one:

Although I do disagree, Dixiecup. I totally miss the category you have set up. I almost never fall to using this "chat-speak," maybe with the exception of the occasional "LOL" for the fun of it. But most of the time I would think this is true. I'm just different (rebellious?) like that...
Well, THANK YOU monkeecj!! I think that was a compliment and I would like to take it as such! I am not wont to pigeon-hole a specific group of people. I am glad to see that you are making your own mark in this world. This is what will 'cull' you from the common herd and set you apart from them. What it all boils down to, by your rebellion against the rebellion, you are saying, 'Before you follow the crowd, look at where it is going!' I think you have chosen a HIGH road.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 07-25-2008 at 11:05 AM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i <3 t3xt sp3ak!