Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 01:47 AM   #11
shadow hegdehog is a
Webkinz :)

Devonshire has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Please speak proper English.

well i use like avvie and siggy and stuff like that but i dont use the other stuff because i dont understand it. i also never use caps and not always punctuation either. i dont think its that big of a deal unless it is to the point that no one can read it. then it could be unfair to someone trying to understand something.
Devonshire is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 01:59 AM   #12
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Yeah, I agree. I just can't understand when people Chat Speak in every word or so.
I couldn't imagine someone posting with the @,$ etc. PS: I don't mine light chat talk.
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #13
Gift Guru

Crystaldreams is on a distinguished road

That chat lingo that you put in that teens now use. It takes me alot longer to read that then just typing it out regularly. It's to a point that once I see them writing like that, then I just want to skip over reading it. Normal chat lingo like lol, wtg, and stuff like that is ok, but to add in numbers where letters should be is hard on the eyes.
Crystaldreams is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 04:27 AM   #14
Maddog2008

Sherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

I can relate to what you are saying but it doesn't really bother me. I don't see it enough on here to consider it a problem. The way I see it is as long as the posts that people make on this site have approprate language and aren't being mean or rude towards anyone then all is well.
Sherbert_Mama is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #15
angelofmaine
angelofmaine is a glorious beacon of lightangelofmaine is a glorious beacon of lightangelofmaine is a glorious beacon of light

Proper netiquette would find chat speak in a chat environment. As this is a forum, there is ample time to type complete words and sentences. If anyone is looking for help, or trying to help someone else, chat speak may be as foreign a language as latin.

If it is a quick post, and informal, than chat speak is as appropriate as any form of abbreviation. What shouldn't be tolerated is improper subject/verb tense agreement. As a teacher, the fact that kids are spending more time than they have in ages writing is such a feat that I'd never say "they can't" use their own form of language in an informal and intimate setting such as on WI. I still use the language of my time... cool, awesome, righteous dudette, totally freak me out! I may not understand everything a chat speaker types, but I'm not so old that I cannot learn something new. Personally, I love the written word and my spelling and grammar skills are quite adequate so chat speak is never going to be my first language.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #16
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

i agree! i mean i use abbreviations sometimes but thats plan ANNOYING
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 06:34 AM   #17
Gift Guru

michigan829 is a name known to allmichigan829 is a name known to allmichigan829 is a name known to all

I haven't seen that but I agree. I am a very good typist but that would take me forever to type like that!!
michigan829 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 06:35 AM   #18

pmd99 is on a distinguished road

I think that it is confusng but if people want to talk that way you should let them do what they want I really don't use it that much personly but still.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #19
raeabbie

abbierae is on a distinguished road

I fully understand chat speak, but I personally feel it takes longer to type then if you just use the normal way. It's more about trying to look cool and impress others then saving time. If you use LOL or IMO I feel that isn't as bad and can save time if your in a hurry. The other numbered type chat speak is just a fancy way to show off. Don't get me wrong if people want to use that they totally have a right to and I won't stop them, but don't get upset if your asking a question here and many people don't respond because they don't fully understand what your saying! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #20
WHONKâ„¢!!!
Gift Guru

vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!vince730 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I agree Completley ...... Chat Speak only Belongs in IM's & Cell Phone Chat Messages.

And I think it was Made up because on Cell Phones you used to pay by the letter so people needed to use less letters in their messages.

I think this is Under The Rules somewhere....but it might be under the "Things we'd rather you not do" section
vince730 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
i <3 t3xt sp3ak!