Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
My mommy says I'm
Gifted

KittyKrazy293 has a spectacular aura about

Default Please speak proper English.

If you ever see something posted that you don't feel is appropriate for the site, please "red flag" it. This will notify the moderators online about the post and the can check it out right away. --FIA

Hey everyone. I am just here to talk to you guys about an issue I have seen lately.

I have seen a few posts like this:

h3y wh@7$ up? 1 l0v3 7h3 n3w w3bk1nz 7h3y @r3 c0m1ng 0u7 w1th!!!!! i am soooo cool. r u?? why rnt u kewl like me?

I bet you couldn't understand that.

Translation: Hey, what's up? I love the new webkinz they are coming out with!!!!!! I am so cool. Are you? Why aren't you cool like me?

Why can't we make our posts as clear as that translation? I have a few reasons I am saying this:
  1. Some people on this forum may not have English as their first language! It would be very difficult to read that, if you think about it.
  2. Even if English is their first language, it would still be a pain to read! Like, English is my first and only official language, but I find it quite annoying to read posts like that.
Feel free to post your opinions.

Last edited by FIA; 07-25-2008 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: note
KittyKrazy293 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

kittypower is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Please speak proper English.

I know! I hate chat speak... It is so annoying! My friends do it in text and emails and I'm the only one who types things out. I can understand it, but can't stand it. People listen, please speak proper English! I'm with you there, thanks for posting this!!

Last edited by kittypower; 07-25-2008 at 12:27 AM..
kittypower is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
MonkeyFaceMerkel

MonkeyFace is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally agree! It would really help everyone on WI if everyone's posts were in proper terms. I can't stand it either. Especially in text messages. I hope everyone understands that. Good thread!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

I agree,and you gave a perfect example.I think it's more of the newbies that are doing this.Sorry newbies! Please if you haven't seen the posting rules and guidelines please go see them now!
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:32 AM   #5
jojobug1248

hollipup4 is a jewel in the roughhollipup4 is a jewel in the rough

i could read that perfectly and i actually like talking like that personally
hollipup4 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #6
JosephJonas
Gifted

polkadot911 will become famous soon enough

I don't care when ppl do that........ it doesn't bother me. Besides, i read that REALLY easily
polkadot911 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #7
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

Well I would rather have brb,ppl,ect than 7h3y,@r3,ect.
To me I can't understand any of that.Also I couldn't image someone who doesn't speak english as there first language trying to read that.

Last edited by webkinz101; 07-25-2008 at 12:40 AM..
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:39 AM   #8
wishingg on a starr
Gifted

robin leigh is a jewel in the roughrobin leigh is a jewel in the rough

Chat speak is just plain annoying.
robin leigh is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
I am so...
Gift Guru

diamondsrock133 is on a distinguished road

A lot of people only use it to save time.. personally I don't use it but could understand all of that. P.S Barely anyone talks with the #'s like you just did. They do with the plzs and r u's? I completely agree with you its annoying but we can't make people change the way they talk/type! (Well not annoying but well iunno a better word for it!) I guess it really depends who you are! A lot of people don't mind in but then again some do! I try not to use it so everyone can read it though!
diamondsrock133 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #10
Gifted

junner is on a distinguished road

I think it's also annoying when people don't put in any puncuation. Its worse then chat speak.

For example:
hey wuts up i got a webkinz 2day do u want to guess wut kind plz ansr here if u do no negative posts plz thanks guyz have fun dont 4get 2 ansr
junner is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i <3 t3xt sp3ak!