Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #21
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Please Read This WI!

View Post Originally Posted by alleycat123
I know its just a word, but really, what if parents let their kids, say even 7 or young see these words? Now do you really think, if you got older and have childeren, do want them to be saying these words until their at least 11 or something? I'm trying not be mean, of course, but i'm just saying. Thank you for posting, though. I give you a thumbs up for even posting!
I understand what you are getting at

I'm going to try and explain this as best i can, lol.

The words boyfriend & girlfriend are everywhere. They do get annoying, the only times i personally find them annoying is when my friend(s) are dating and they don't talk about anything else, or when its all over about the stars, like "Miley is dating WHO?" "Does Nick have a new GF?" and so on.

I think that kids around 7 or 8 are exposed to the word already. Maybe because of siblings, parents, TV shows, friends, whatever. I think that if kids here the word when they are younger, they will understand like, i don't know, what a boyfriend/girlfriend is, and that not just anyone can be one. Do you understand what i mean?

If there are any inappropriate threads though, you should report it
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #22
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

I'm ok with it, personally. When you're 7 and stuff thaty's when all the cooties and stuff start, so they probably use it in everyday language anyways
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #23
mysunshine04
Webkinz :)
brulou_61 has a spectacular aura about

Nicely stated Jacksmom , I am a mother of 3 and a grandmother of 2 so far. Yes I remember my 1st crush and talking to friends about bf or other gf. As long as nothing really bad is being said in the conversation I say let kids be kids. The thing this world is coming to is the kids that don't have structure or a good family backround, is where you start finding issues and having problems raising them and so forth. Kids need to be exposed to good and bad because if there not then they will never know how to handle differrent things growing up. I feel if you are raising them right then whats the issue. If and when my girls did something wrong we nipped it right away and they asked how we knew. This is what we told them we've been there and we've probably done that or something simular to that. I think it's funny because now my girls look at us and say mom and dad you guys were right and we thank you so much, now that is what you want to hear. So be a good parent raise them the best that you can be stricked but don't lock them up and always be there. One day you too will be thanked for being the role model that you were.
brulou_61 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #24
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by brulou_61
Ok I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but so for WI has been an awesome site. I have had no problems nor have I seen anyone causing any. But honestly you are to be over 13 to be on here unless you have permission from a parent and even then 9 times out of 10 if they have not seen or read it hear they have at school. I have heard pre kindergartners talking about boyfriends / girlfriends just the other week. These kids are only 5yrs. old. It's out there everywhere not just here. But yes I do agree that everyone needs to pull their part and keep this site respectful for everyone young and old. But lets not go over board. We are here to make friends and have loads of fun and have a good time.
I agree 100%
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 01-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #25
mysunshine04
brulou_61 has a spectacular aura about

Thank You CanesFan..
brulou_61 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #26
call meh ciara. :)

cmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clowncmb123 is cool as a bunny clown

Now a days, things are all over schools. I know many seven year olds.
Does anyone know the

__ and __ Sitting in a tree? You get my point. Six year olds are known to say it. They know what it means.

What if some said...
" Me and my girl friends are going out today" As in a girl saying she is going out with the girls. That still uses the same concept.
I still think WI should stay appropriate for younger kids but, I do not find this a huge factor. If you see something wrong, Red Flag it.

Cmb123
cmb123 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #27

Ilovepuppies83 has a spectacular aura about

I disagree with it being an inappropriate word. About 90% of the members here are most likely 7-8 and UP, and the other 10% are younger kids. I think its wrong on WI's part to ruin the fun for the 90%, JUST for the sake of the 10% who have most likely heard the word before, when the 90% probably isn't even talking about kissing or "etc". Example, if I may...

Appropriate = "So and so are boyfriend and girlfriend now. They are cute together."
Inappropriate (on WI) = "Would you be my boyfriend/girlfriend?"

All that is needed is to enforce the rules when innocent words are used in inappropriate phrases.
Ilovepuppies83 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #28
♥Team Alice♥
kathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond reputekathryn236 has a reputation beyond repute

I see what your trying to say here.
I agree that little kids should not be talking about girlfriends or boyfriends,
as I have seen this in preschool children.
However, I think the words aren't harmful. Just the way they are used.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:16 PM   #29
EmNm

EmNm12 will become famous soon enough

I agree! If anyone wants to talk about those things, they can go to Myspace or Facebook and discuss it with their friends.
EmNm12 is offline Female
Old 01-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #30
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

View Post Originally Posted by alleycat123
Okay, so we all know we are warned by the rules to say APPROPRIATE things, but, in my opnion, do any of my fellow WI members think its appropriate to say things like, for example in a poll that I saw, 'Who should Taylor Swifts Boyfriend be?' Now, I don't think younger users should start using these words in polls, threads, that kind of stuff. It doesn't matter to me if you say Girl then Friend, or Boy then friend, but just not together, please! I want WI to be a nice place to talk to friends, have fun and open threads! But I really don't want to see those two words anymore. . . Does anyone abide by this?

~Alleycat123♥
Alleycat, I'm afraid I disagree with you wholeheartedly. The word "Boyfriend" is not an inappropriate word. I am an adult, and I have dated my boyfriend for years. We are not married, so it is not appropriate to call him my husband. We are not engaged, so it is not appropriate to call him my fiance either. If you want us to ban using the word "Boyfriend", then how am I to reference this important person in my life? Are we going to ban the words "Husband" and "Wife" as well? Why would those words be considered "acceptable" instead?

Yes, younger users visit this site. But when used in the correct way, the words "Boyfriend" or "Girlfriend" are not inappropriate at all; they are an accurate way to describe people around us. While I understand that younger users should not be exposed to anything beyond their years, please understand that this term does not automatically indicate some inappropriate romance.

No, I don't think people need to be holding polls regarding Taylor Swift's personal life, or anyone else's for that matter. But perhaps when you see things like that that upset you, you should simply flag that individual post, and let the moderators decide whether it is appropriate or not. Otherwise you risk discriminating against some of us users, and I'm sorry Alleycat...but that's just not fair.

With kind regards,

Bindidog
Bindidog is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i disagree!, lilac1999 was here, nick was here :p