Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
HAHAHAHAHa..ha..h...
Webkinz :)

Lynsee is a name known to allLynsee is a name known to allLynsee is a name known to all

Default Re: Please Read This WI!

Hm... I don't think it's such a problem I mean look at so many Disney movies. Little kids surely know about boyfriends and girlfriends. I know a couple that even have one and crush just as much as I do.
Used as that is understandable though. Taylor Swift is a big celeb, but we don't need little kids choosing who her next bf should be.

There's a lot of teens on the site, too. And I don't think it fair that all of them can't say a couple little things that seven year olds shouldn't see.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, I'm just stating my opinion...
Lynsee is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #12
Malicia ♥

alleycat123 is a forum hero
alleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum hero

Okay, okay everyone, FOR THE LAST TIME (I'm not trying to be mean, i'm just saying) THE TERM "BOYFRIEND"/"GIRLFRIEND" IS NOT A BAD THING! I AM JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN, IT GETS ON MY NERVES SOMETIMES WHEN I SEE LITTLE KIDS RUNNING AROUND SAYING THESE WORDS! Guess what happend last year? My cousin was turning 5, right? While I was at her party, talking to some of the older kids, I heard her say 'I am in LOVE with Joe Jonas! He's going to be MHY boyfriend, not anyone elses!' Now, not trying to be mean/nor do I want to argue tonight (Because I'm already miserable enough of whats going on with my life issues, which only if you want to know I'm not posting at the moment) But how would you like hearing your little brother, sister or any little kid say this? Its not a HUGE big deal, but i'm just venting and giving my opnion
alleycat123 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #13
Gifted

Ginny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guide

I TOTALLY Agree.
Ginny is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #14
Gifted

Webkinzgirl427 knows the way
Webkinzgirl427 knows the wayWebkinzgirl427 knows the way

I don't think it's such a big deal. The words "Girlfriend" and "Boyfriend" Don't always mean dating. They can mean you have a friend that's a boy. Or one of your girlfriends. That can mean you have a friend that's a girl. It's no big deal. I mean little 5 year old's going around saying "Joe Jonas is my boyfriend!" isn't such a big deal. It's cute that a little one can think Joe Jonas is her boyfriend. And the words "Boyfriend" and "Girlfriend" are all over the place. I don't think it's a big deal.
Webkinzgirl427 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #15
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

It used to bother me until I hit middle school several years back that young kids had no idea what these words mean, but really anymore, I realize that they're just trying to act grown-up (I mean really, when was the last time you saw two 7-9 year olds go on a date? ). Same reason pre-high school kids have dances... They're just trying to act grown up. While I know your point isn't that these are inappropriate, I really see no problem with these being on WI, and I wouldn't mind my kids saying them (if I had any) if they were over the age of 5, since kids have used the terms around me since I was 5 or 6.
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 01-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #16
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by alleycat123
I know its just a word, but really, what if parents let their kids, say even 7 or young see these words? Now do you really think, if you got older and have childeren, do want them to be saying these words until their at least 11 or something? I'm trying not be mean, of course, but i'm just saying. Thank you for posting, though. I give you a thumbs up for even posting!
I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I am a Mom (as you can tell by my user name).

I don't think the words have any harm. What is harmful is when my child says to me, "what does this word mean?" and I can't answer in a way that is appropriate for him to understand.

If/when he hears "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" I simply reply that it's a friend that's a boy, or a friend that's a girl. Any additional meaning the word might have is not something I need to or will discuss with him unless he is old enough to understand.

The other words that are censored here on WI are things that can not be explained, and can not be used in polite company. "Boyfriend" and "girlfriend" don't apply in that case.

Staff will be watching this thread though.
JacksMom is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #17
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think it's fine and good for kids to make believe, and they surely know people grow up, fall in love and get married. I think I understand what you're saying that sometimes the media is over-saturated with that kind of thing. On this site though, I haven't seen a problem with inappropriate uses of those things.
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #18
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

The words 'boyfriend' and 'girlfriend' are unharmful. It could be just a friend that is a boy or girl. Other words are far worse that a child shouldn't be going around and saying. Parents seem to say it all the time, "Aw, look Billy is getting along with Mandy so well. They're like boyfriend and girlfriend." To a child, that word is taken into a silly defenition and means nothing but "cooties" and "gross." So, I really feel that it's okay to say boyfriend and girlfriend, to an extent. If some adult terms are then used with the boyfriend/girlfriend statement, then it has gone too far and needs to be flagged for staff to take care of.

Last edited by badena2; 01-06-2010 at 08:34 PM..
badena2 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #19
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by alleycat123
Okay, okay everyone, FOR THE LAST TIME (I'm not trying to be mean, i'm just saying) THE TERM "BOYFRIEND"/"GIRLFRIEND" IS NOT A BAD THING! I AM JUST TRYING TO EXPLAIN, IT GETS ON MY NERVES SOMETIMES WHEN I SEE LITTLE KIDS RUNNING AROUND SAYING THESE WORDS! Guess what happend last year? My cousin was turning 5, right? While I was at her party, talking to some of the older kids, I heard her say 'I am in LOVE with Joe Jonas! He's going to be MHY boyfriend, not anyone elses!' Now, not trying to be mean/nor do I want to argue tonight (Because I'm already miserable enough of whats going on with my life issues, which only if you want to know I'm not posting at the moment) But how would you like hearing your little brother, sister or any little kid say this? Its not a HUGE big deal, but i'm just venting and giving my opnion
And you are entitled to your opinion, which you have stated politely. I think others are being polite too, they are simply disagreeing. That's not a bad thing.

I totally understand where you are coming from and I agree that kids grow up just too fast. But, IU also remember when I was little (a looooooong time ago) and saying these things myself, so I don't necessarily think it's a sign of the times.

I think this is a great discussion. Let's not anyone take it personally.
JacksMom is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #20
Summer 2010

lilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I Don't think that this is a proper thread.I also Don't believe that the word boyfriend and girlfriend aren't ok I think it perfectly FINE!!!!!!!!!
lilac1999 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i disagree!, lilac1999 was here, nick was here :p