Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Malicia ♥
Webkinz :)

alleycat123 is a forum hero
alleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum hero

Default Please Read This WI!

Okay, so we all know we are warned by the rules to say APPROPRIATE things, but, in my opnion, do any of my fellow WI members think its appropriate to say things like, for example in a poll that I saw, 'Who should Taylor Swifts Boyfriend be?' Now, I don't think younger users should start using these words in polls, threads, that kind of stuff. It doesn't matter to me if you say Girl then Friend, or Boy then friend, but just not together, please! I want WI to be a nice place to talk to friends, have fun and open threads! But I really don't want to see those two words anymore. . . Does anyone abide by this?

~Alleycat123♥
alleycat123 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Gift Guru

nmk6 knows the way
nmk6 knows the waynmk6 knows the way

Default Re: Please Read This WI!

I agree!!!!!!!
nmk6 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #3

Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!Gabz is the bees knees!

Yes, not only are they teens but little ones as well. We need to remember that this isn't something they should see.
Gabz is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

Sorry, but i don't agree.

I think the youngest kids on here are 7 and older. The words 'Boyfriend' and 'Girlfriend' are everywhere. In school, in public (like magazines, etc) and on TV all the time. To me, i personally don't think is a big deal. Some younger kids even have boyfriends/girlfriends.Its just a word, in my opinion

Old 01-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
mysunshine04
brulou_61 has a spectacular aura about

Ok I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but so for WI has been an awesome site. I have had no problems nor have I seen anyone causing any. But honestly you are to be over 13 to be on here unless you have permission from a parent and even then 9 times out of 10 if they have not seen or read it hear they have at school. I have heard pre kindergartners talking about boyfriends / girlfriends just the other week. These kids are only 5yrs. old. It's out there everywhere not just here. But yes I do agree that everyone needs to pull their part and keep this site respectful for everyone young and old. But lets not go over board. We are here to make friends and have loads of fun and have a good time.
brulou_61 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

If you see anything inappropriate, please flag it for the staff to handle.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I don't understand how saying boyfriend or girlfriend is inappropriate. ??
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
Malicia ♥

alleycat123 is a forum hero
alleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum heroalleycat123 is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by hp1010
Sorry, but i don't agree.

I think the youngest kids on here are 7 and older. The words 'Boyfriend' and 'Girlfriend' are everywhere. In school, in public (like magazines, etc) and on TV all the time. To me, i personally don't think is a big deal. Some younger kids even have boyfriends/girlfriends.Its just a word, in my opinion

I know its just a word, but really, what if parents let their kids, say even 7 or young see these words? Now do you really think, if you got older and have childeren, do want them to be saying these words until their at least 11 or something? I'm trying not be mean, of course, but i'm just saying. Thank you for posting, though. I give you a thumbs up for even posting!

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I don't understand how saying boyfriend or girlfriend is inappropriate. ??

One last time, I'm not saying its inapropriate, but, once again, shouldn't WI at least care for younger users? The word is Just really annoying sometimes, you know, you hear it on TV, see it in magazines, doesn't it just drive you crazy sometimes you just want to stnad in front of WalMart and scream 'STOP IT!!!!!' sometimes? But I apprciate you posting. Everyone, really

Last edited by alleycat123; 01-06-2010 at 08:06 PM..
alleycat123 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #9

HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!HuskyLuv is the cats pajamas!

Honestly, I don't think using the terms "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" is bad. I mean, I see kids using those terms a lot. As long as it isn't inappropriate, I see nothing wrong with it. Plus, I don't think members on here are super young, like hp1010 said. 7 and older, probably.

*HuskyLuv*
HuskyLuv is offline Female
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
Gift Trainee

toodles812 is a glorious beacon of lighttoodles812 is a glorious beacon of lighttoodles812 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm kind of mixed. I agree because it really is sad that there are things like that on the internet. I disagree though because there probably aren't kids on here too young and unfourtunatly you here things liek that EVERYDAY at school
toodles812 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i disagree!, lilac1999 was here, nick was here :p